• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Evolutions=ALAKAZAM,Trade,TRADESTONE,ALAKAZAM,Item,TRADESTONE

It's fine for a pokémon to evolve into another Pokémon via multiple different methods (e.g. Eevee could evolve into Leafeon via either map-based happy level up or by using the Leaf Stone).

(Separate question) Try deleting the comments. They've served their purpose (they generated the battle/talk event commands when the game was compiled). If there are no commands to compile, maybe they won't overwrite the additional stuff you've put in. You don't strictly need to use the comments at all; they just make it easier to set up a simple trainer.

Thanks man. Appreciate the help.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Hey, have sorted out how to add pokemon, saw it in the wiki but, it says that I have to put pbAddToParty(PBSpecies::species,level) as a conditional branch but, there is no switch named like that, what I do now?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Hey, have sorted out how to add pokemon, saw it in the wiki but, it says that I have to put pbAddToParty(PBSpecies::species,level) as a conditional branch but, there is no switch named like that, what I do now?
It's not a switch, it's code.

When adding a conditional branch to an event, the window that appears allowing you to choose an argument for it actually has four tabs in it. The first one has Switch, Variable, Self Switch and Timer in it. The fourth tab has Script - select that and put the script in the text box there.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Ok, thanks a lot lot, I had some problems with this.

Another question >_<

How can I do to when a event finishes, it never happens again? I mean, with the proffessor, how can I prevent the player just keeps clicking to get the eevee?

Last edited:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Ok, thanks a lot lot, I had some problems with this.

Another question >_<

How can I do to when a event finishes, it never happens again? I mean, with the proffessor, how can I prevent the player just keeps clicking to get the eevee?

To do that, you would need to set a self switch at the end of the event, then create a second page and under conditions, check off Self Switch.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hey, me again.
I was editing some scripts and I got with something... It's driving me crazy:
First: On the double wild battles, one of the pokémon doesn't appear.
Second: For some... reason(I don't wanna write bad words)the typing is kind of wrong. When Charizard uses Fire Blast on my Venusaur, it is not super effective and the sound "superdamage.wav" is not played but "normaldamage.wav". Then, I use Petal Dance on it and it's super effective!!!(and the superdamage.wav sound is played as well). But when I use Bubblebeam, or any other water move, on it(yes, Venusaur has Bubblebeam and Aqua Jet...) nothing happens, the game skips the moment when Venusaur uses BubbleBeam and then Charizard uses it's move like normal.

That's not very important, is it?
Whatever, if you can help mer with that, I would be happy and thankful.

But the most important thing is to create some method to write text with stroke. I wanted to make my game's font like Black and White's(which looks beautiful) and I need to put stroke on it, instead of shadow.

EDIT:
See the attachment... BTW, that purple thing is Mr. Square, it's my best friend when I'm modifying my scripts. The databoxes don't look cool like that. I need the stroke to do it right.

Last edited:

Valora17

Something Memorable?
Years
@Maruno: Thank you for linking to the rival page :) Though I can't seem to find the page which instructs on changing the amount of characters...

And also, I have another question: Is it possible to define which ability a pokemon has when it is owned by another trainer (IE: Pkmn Trainer Jacob has a Budew with Poison Point instead of a random choice between Poison Point and Natural Cure)

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
um, im having a problem. when i test play my game, and i try and put the character's name, this happens

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'
Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:191:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:196:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `update'
Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:63:in `main'
Exception: RuntimeError
Exception: NoMethodError
Message: Section070:130:in `initialize'undefined method `pbGetLanguage' for #<PokeBattle_Trainer:0xa5116e0 @name="G">
***Full script:
pbTrainerName

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'
PokemonUtilities:1524:in `new'
PokemonUtilities:1524:in `pbTrainerName'
(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1583:in `eval'
Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:274:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:196:in `update'
Scene_Map:96:in `update'
Scene_Map:94:in `loop'
Scene_Map:107:in `update'
Scene_Map:63:in `main'

plz help

EDIT
nvm i fixed it...

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
kinda a dumb question but my friend wants secret bases in the game im making for him how do i set that up...you know use secret power on a certain spot opens up a room where u can move items around and stuff?
The using secret power thing is pretty easy. You would need to check the trainer's party for the move, so make a small script of some sort and call it in an event (the entrance to the base). The script would be like this (it will probably work, but I won't guarantee it):

Code:
def pbSecretPower
  Kernel.pbMessage("It looks like a Secret Base can be made here.")
  if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage("Would you like to use Secret Power?")
    for i in 0...$Trainer.party.length
      for j in 0...4
        if $Trainer.party[i].moves[j].id==PBMoves::VINEWHIP
          hasMove=true
        end
      end
    end
    if hasMove==true
      Kernel.pbMessage("{1} used Secret Power!",$Trainer.party[i])
      return true
    else
      Kernel.pbMessage("You don't have a Pokemon with Secret Power.")
      return false
    end
  end
I'm not entirely sure about the last chunk (under if hasMove==true), but you get the idea. If you have it, it should return true, so you would need a conditional branch like this: Conditional Branch: Script: pbSecretPower==true. Again, I'm not really sure that it will work like that, and you could use a switch instead of return true or return false. As for decorating the base, that is a whole other monster. There's a decorating script that's designed to work with the SDK, but it isn't compatible with essentials (last I checked). If you want to make a secret base system, good luck.

Cadeath

Dread Knight
Years
Can anyone assist me on my error...

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'
Shadow:179:in `update'

Years
I've tried to make event following player. It's not a partner trainer, just event. I did everything like it was explained on the Wiki. Well, at least I guess so :/
Here's my script which i called:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2
'('12,"Alice",15')'
And here's error that I get when this part of event i supposed to proceed:
Spoiler:

Years
Error Message Please Help!

Every time I'm about to teleport from my intro to the my other intro, i get this:

Exception: TypeError
Sprite_Character:93:in `+'
Sprite_Character:93:in `update_or'
Sprite_Character:33:in `perspectivetilemap_initialize'
PerspectiveTilemap:404:in `shadow_initialize'
Shadow:155:in `initialize'
Spriteset_Map:147:in `new'
Spriteset_Map:147:in `_animationSprite_initialize'
AnimationSprite:42:in `shadow_initialize'

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
You should know where the correct section is, you've been here long enough <_<

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
@Maruno: Thank you for linking to the rival page :) Though I can't seem to find the page which instructs on changing the amount of characters...

And also, I have another question: Is it possible to define which ability a pokemon has when it is owned by another trainer (IE: Pkmn Trainer Jacob has a Budew with Poison Point instead of a random choice between Poison Point and Natural Cure)
The maximum name length is indeed detailed on the Rival page, as I said. Read it properly. Hint: it involves the number 7.

It's a bit fiddly to modify trainers.txt and the scripts to allow you to define a Pokémon's ability (or gender or nickname or etc.). I don't really know how to do it. My advice is that you don't try.

Can anyone assist me on my error...

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'
PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'
PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'
PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'
PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'
PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'
Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'
You're using an old version of Essentials. Upgrade to the latest version.

I've tried to make event following player. It's not a partner trainer, just event. I did everything like it was explained on the Wiki. Well, at least I guess so :/
Here's my script which i called:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2
'('12,"Alice",15')'
And here's error that I get when this part of event i supposed to proceed:
Spoiler:
The script you're using is wrong, because it has random apostrophes in (where did you get those from?). Try this:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
12,"Alice",15)

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2011
This occurs when I try to Playtest my game:

Message: undefined method `map_interpreter' for Game_System:Class
PokemonMessages:114:in `pbMapInterpreter'
Compiler:2784:in `pbTrainerTypeCheck'
Compiler:2795:in `pbTrainerBattleCheck'
Compiler:3729:in `pbConvertToTrainerEvent'
Compiler:2838:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2833:in `each'
Compiler:2833:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:2828:in `each'
Compiler:2828:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'
Compiler:3938:in `pbCompileAllData'

Assistance, please?

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years

Where exactly is your player starting? I mean, where did you put the starting point for the player?

Last edited:

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
Mission Impossible

First of all I'd like to encourage you all to check out my thread "Plug-ins" and see if you may be able to provide some good stuff. Anyway, I just want to issue a challange.
Create a battle system that is exactly like Pokemon Battle Revolution on the Wii for essentials. This seems crazy and may be impossible but it would be awsome! I know this would require alot of scripting and god knows what else but maybe everybodys work togeth can add up to something great. Let's face it, The plain old stand there and watch battle animations hit a stationary pokemon is just old, even the videos of Black and white I've seen arent much of an improvement. I't would be cool to have the same map tiles and all but the battle system need a super-vamp. Really Pokemon XD Gale of darkness was the best one yet. Anyway, if you think you can take the challange, visit the Plug-In's thread and take it from there. I don't want to clog this thread up but I thought I could get the biggest audience here. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back