• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
Sorry for not looking through all 300 pages, but I'm trying to put Aqua Ring into my game. I'm having some difficulties putting it in. I thought it would be easier than Roost. >.> I got that worked out, if anyone needs to know how.

Anyways, what I did works, it's just that it doesn't stop when the user switches out, and it works twice. I've double checked - I didn't put it in twice.

Here's the coding (I also assigned a value for AquaRing in the PBEffects, and a move effect that activates it):
Code:
 # Aqua Ring
  for i in priority
  next if i.hp<=0
   if i.effects[PBEffects::AquaRing]
    hpgain=(i.totalhp/16).floor
    if hpgain=0
      hpgain=1
    end
    i.pbRecoverHP(hpgain)
    pbDisplay(_INTL("AQUA RING recovered {1}'s HP a little!",i.pbThis)) if hpgain>0
  end
end

Cadeath

Dread Knight
Years
The maximum name length is indeed detailed on the Rival page, as I said. Read it properly. Hint: it involves the number 7.

It's a bit fiddly to modify trainers.txt and the scripts to allow you to define a Pokémon's ability (or gender or nickname or etc.). I don't really know how to do it. My advice is that you don't try.

You're using an old version of Essentials. Upgrade to the latest version.

The script you're using is wrong, because it has random apostrophes in (where did you get those from?). Try this:
Code:
Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
12,"Alice",15)

what version is now?
where can I get the new version? I download it in upokecenter...

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Well I don't post here often but I'm asking a very simple question that I can't figure out, well what I think is simple.
I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change the limitations of the map scrolling in the pokegear map. My map goes past the limits and it's rather odd how I can't 'move it down'. Images posted as attatchments.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
oh oh! I think I know the answer to that one. o.o
In PokemonArea near the very top you should see something like this:
Code:
class PokemonAreaMapScene

LEFT=0
TOP=0
RIGHT=28
BOTTOM=16
Those numbers are what determine how far you can scroll in each direction. it takes a bit of playing around with, but you should figure it out with no problems. o.o

carmaniac

Years
oh oh! I think I know the answer to that one. o.o
In PokemonArea near the very top you should see something like this:
Code:
class PokemonAreaMapScene

LEFT=0
TOP=0
RIGHT=28
BOTTOM=16
Those numbers are what determine how far you can scroll in each direction. it takes a bit of playing around with, but you should figure it out with no problems. o.o
You sir are a genious, I thought it could have been to do with that but didn't think about messing with it.

Years
help error

SpriteWindow:732:in `chdir'
SpriteWindow:732:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:201:in `new'
SpriteWindow:201:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:2911:in `new'
SpriteWindow:2911:in `initialize'
SpriteWindow:3740:in `initialize'
PokemonLoad:13:in `new'
PokemonLoad:13:in `pbStartScene'
PokemonLoad:265:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

help me!... I can't english well..

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
You sir are a genious, I thought it could have been to do with that but didn't think about messing with it.

Nah, you should always mess with stuff... o.o It makes it easier. XD Just be sure to comment the stuff out and copy/paste it, then edit.. Else you might mess up something permanently. =x

Anyway, here's my question. I've been playtesting and I discovered something odd. During double battles that occur when two separate trainers notice you at the same time, nothing happens... Well, kinda. The battle will start and kinda work right. Except the only PokéMon capable of doing anything is the first one on your side. It'll just loop you selecting an attack and attacking. While the other trainers pokemon just sit there(along with your second poke) and die. (poor Abra's)

EDIT: @jm0904... Just posting the error won't help.. You should describe what you were doing as to getting to the bottom of why the error happened. On a side note, google translator is useful for speaking different languages... even if it is remotely incorrect it would help get the problems across. =x

Years

help me!... I can't english well..

Nah, you should always mess with stuff... o.o It makes it easier. XD Just be sure to comment the stuff out and copy/paste it, then edit.. Else you might mess up something permanently. =x

Anyway, here's my question. I've been playtesting and I discovered something odd. During double battles that occur when two separate trainers notice you at the same time, nothing happens... Well, kinda. The battle will start and kinda work right. Except the only PokéMon capable of doing anything is the first one on your side. It'll just loop you selecting an attack and attacking. While the other trainers pokemon just sit there(along with your second poke) and die. (poor Abra's)

EDIT: @jm0904... Just posting the error won't help.. You should describe what you were doing as to getting to the bottom of why the error happened. On a side note, google translator is useful for speaking different languages... even if it is remotely incorrect it would help get the problems across. =x

I downloaded the starter kit was tested after the play. But the error with a message was born. Today is the first I'd like to use starter kit.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2012
I need a NEO MODE 7 with compatiblity for POKESTARTER.
I don´t found another NEO MODE 7 that are okay with POKESTARTER.
Sorry, i write in english very bad.
I used the NEO MODE 7 that POKEMON ORIGIN said in it threads, but it doesn´t work in pokestarter.
PLease, i need NEO MODE 7 for do my game.

carmaniac

Years
I need a NEO MODE 7 with compatiblity for POKESTARTER.
I don´t found another NEO MODE 7 that are okay with POKESTARTER.
Sorry, i write in english very bad.
I used the NEO MODE 7 that POKEMON ORIGIN said in it threads, but it doesn´t work in pokestarter.
PLease, i need NEO MODE 7 for do my game.
You do realise what people say as a need is just a want.
There is only one version of Neo Mode 7 which is not compatible with the essentials starter kit what so ever unless you have scripting abilities, that's how Pokémon Origin has it because the leader happened to have scripting knowledge and intergrate it into the starter kit. So my best thing to say is learn how to script and see if you can intergrate it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2010
I'm trying to put some abilities in that damage the enemy at around the same time as weather damage is done.

Is there any way to differentiate between the two Pokemon on the field? Some of the abilities already in there use "i.ability[PBAbilities::X]" but that doesn't quite help if you want the opponent to the Pokemon that has that ability. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this has been answered before. I've only skimmed through this thread (as there's 301 pages), and I'm very new to Ruby (but I want to learn).

Years
Main:16:in `mainFunction'
Exception: Errno::EINVAL

Starter kit for a test play, you receive an error message.
Please help me. I want to make a new version soon.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
Okay, I have a few things I'd like to sort out...
Is there something that allows you to zoom in slightly? Like for going in/out of houses?
Also, is there something that allows you to raise the player and other characters up a few pixels? So they don't walk a complete step in some instances?
Both features I'd like to add to my game; I just don't know if they've been implemented in Essentials and I've overlooked it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
Looks like I'm cappable of destroying every single event that has call script command...
Here's script:
Code:
pbAddPokemon("SHINX",5)
It's just like example in notes html, so I have no idea what's wrong this time...
Here's error.
Spoiler:

Also thank you Maruno for your help last time.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Mackoo try using this
pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::SHINX,5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back