• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    No, I wasn't taking it personally. I just know some people get frustrated when their questions keep getting overlooked (even though it's usually for a good reason), so I thought I'd reiterate the reason people may not answer some questions.
    Ok, then... I just thought since the thread was expanding so fast, nobody would care to read more than max. a few of the last pages, so people who might actually be able to help wouldn't even read them... (Like you didn't react until i re-posted those questions the first time - i guess you didn't read it the first time - so that's what i was trying to accomplish)
    Whatever... Let's forget that....

I may have been thinking of something else. Try looking here, and noting what it says for "EndSpeech" (there can be more than one). A lot simpler than I thought.

My comment still stands, though. I don't think it's really meant for monologues.
    Already tried that in the beginning. Unfortunately the second, third, etc ones are simply getting ignored. Maybe they're just for re-battles!?
    I hope i just do it wrong, but well, if it's too hard I might have to stick with scrolling texts...
    thanks for searching, though...

Sichlor

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    2. This problem maybe belongs into the animation section, but i think it can only be solved by scripting: I want to change the by default included Stat increase/decrease animations to those used in FR/LG. Yes, they fit to the affected Pokemon's sprite and THAT is just my problem.. When experimenting i noticed that a good effect results from turning the animation frame blending options to "sub" - but that affects the colors drastically... anybody an idea how to solve this??

Thanks in advance
    Sichlor
    The stat increase and decrease animations are in the Animations tab in the database. They are called Common:StatUp and Common:StatDown. They can be modified however you want, and they should appear exactly as shown in the database, unless Poccil added something different in the latest kit. If yours is different, let me know so I can check it out in the newest kit, since mine doesn't have anything like that.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    The stat increase and decrease animations are in the Animations tab in the database. They are called Common:StatUp and Common:StatDown. They can be modified however you want, and they should appear exactly as shown in the database

Yes, thanks, but that isn't really my problem... I already have the right animation graphics and everything, but if you play a Pokémon game for Game Boy, there are animations that FIT to the sprite.... so the animation graphic is like a square with little waves moving up or down, but it's not displayed as a square, but just applies on the current pokemon sprite...
    it looks like this:
    Spoiler:

There are two ways that I know of to make animation fit to the sprite:

1: making an individual animation for every possible sprite (obviously not an option with 400+ pokemon and another 400+ for the backsprites)
    2: setting the blending option of the animation frame to "sub" (makes the colors look weird)

which makes both options useless...

So this can maybe be solved by a custom script or something, which "cuts" the animation to fit to the current sprite...
    But i have no idea how to affect animations by scripts... Well, maybe it's impossible, but i don't want to give up that easily...

Sichlor

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Yes, thanks, but that isn't really my problem... I already have the right animation graphics and everything, but if you play a Pokémon game for Game Boy, there are animations that FIT to the sprite.... so the animation graphic is like a square with little waves moving up or down, but it's not displayed as a square, but just applies on the current pokemon sprite...
    it looks like this:
    Spoiler:

There are two ways that I know of to make animation fit to the sprite:

1: making an individual animation for every possible sprite (obviously not an option with 400+ pokemon and another 400+ for the backsprites)
    2: setting the blending option of the animation frame to "sub" (makes the colors look weird)

which makes both options useless...

So this can maybe be solved by a custom script or something, which "cuts" the animation to fit to the current sprite...
    But i have no idea how to affect animations by scripts... Well, maybe it's impossible, but i don't want to give up that easily...

Sichlor
    I see what you're saying now. I'm not sure it's possible to make an animation fit a sprite, since the sprites image is actually a square with a transparent background, but you could try recoloring the the graphic for the animation so that when you use the sub option, it actually becomes the right color. So, basically make it a weird color to start with until you get what you're looking for.

That being said, I can't say it's impossible, but I don't know if anyone can do it. There is the flash option which can make the battler flash a color, so apparently it ignores transparent parts of the graphic, but giving it a design is a whole other story.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    you could try recoloring the the graphic for the animation so that when you use the sub option, it actually becomes the right color. So, basically make it a weird color to start with until you get what you're looking for.
    Yeah, I thought of that one, too. But given that every Pokemon sprite has a different color, the sub option would create a different color for every Pokemon... so what I actually need is something completely different...

That being said, I can't say it's impossible, but I don't know if anyone can do it. There is the flash option which can make the battler flash a color, so apparently it ignores transparent parts of the graphic, but giving it a design is a whole other story.
    Ok, i don't really understand that part.. what flash option do you mean?
    and how can we use it to solve the problem?
    But I'll try looking for something like that^^

Anyways, thank you =)
    Sichlor

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Does anyone know why in the latest version of the kit essentials doesnt put spaces inbetween text even when you use a space?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Ok, i don't really understand that part.. what flash option do you mean?
    and how can we use it to solve the problem?
    But I'll try looking for something like that^^

Anyways, thank you =)
    Sichlor
    In the Animations tab in the database, when you're setting up an animation, there's a white box next to the animations name, right under the word "Animations" on the tab. There you can set extra effects for animations like flash, etc., that can apply to the battler or the background. I attached a picture of it, it's the part outlined in red.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2013
    In the Animations tab in the database, when you're setting up an animation, there's a white box next to the animations name, right under the word "Animations" on the tab. There you can set extra effects for animations like flash, etc., that can apply to the battler or the background. I attached a picture of it, it's the part outlined in red.

Thanks... I always overlooked that^^ just used it for sound effects... well, i think it's a great option, but for my problem we'd have to have a picture flash, instead of pure color... and it would have to move at the same time... i guess that's impossible, unless maybe you're an incredible skilled scripter, and it's possible to change anything there with scripting^^
    but thanks for help!

I'll try to figure out something that comes at least a little close to the real animation with that...

Sichlor

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I need to get rid of the LV. beside the 25 in the example below. I'm using the Black and White version HP bars and as you can see the LV. part of charmander's LV.25 is covering the yellow LV symbol. can anybody tell me what script and how to get rid of the LV. text?
    Search PokeBattle_ActualScene for the text "Lv", and you should find it. Then edit that line. Quite simple, especially as "Lv" only appears once in that entire script section.

You'll also want to make sure Pokémon with long names and a gender don't run over the "Lv" part of the graphic too (as your Charmander in the screenshot does).

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Thanks... I always overlooked that^^ just used it for sound effects... well, i think it's a great option, but for my problem we'd have to have a picture flash, instead of pure color... and it would have to move at the same time... i guess that's impossible, unless maybe you're an incredible skilled scripter, and it's possible to change anything there with scripting^^
    but thanks for help!

I'll try to figure out something that comes at least a little close to the real animation with that...

Sichlor

I've never been able to get the flash option to work.

Also, bump on my topic about getting the "already caught" pokeball icon during battle to appear. How do I script it? I've no idea...

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    I've never been able to get the flash option to work.

Also, bump on my topic about getting the "already caught" pokeball icon during battle to appear. How do I script it? I've no idea...
    Well, the core of it is down, but I've hit a snag and think I'm probably going to have to script it in elsewhere. As for the flash, it's always worked for me, but not in the way I would like. It usually turns the enemy the color I want it to, but then they stay that color for the rest of the battle...

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    Well, the core of it is down, but I've hit a snag and think I'm probably going to have to script it in elsewhere. As for the flash, it's always worked for me, but not in the way I would like. It usually turns the enemy the color I want it to, but then they stay that color for the rest of the battle...

Yeah, that's why I didn't use it, i really was hoping to use flash, but I guess the only way that'd work is to make an animation tileset and just use one frame of the color I want, and expand it to like 500% for a frame. I think that'd work in a pinch. Just theorycrafting here.

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
    Years
    My 13 year old brain crashed into a wall and is flopping on the floor like a fish out of water... this is line i was more confused then when I couldnt find my psp while it was in my hand... I have no idea wtf this means...

Spoiler:

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    It's not that complicated.
    Name Switch 50 to whatever you want. I suggest something like "Shiny Pokemon Switch."
    Open your script editor (Or press F11)
    Then scroll down to the script "Main." Right click that script, and click "Insert."
    After that, you should see a blank script. Paste the following into it:
    Code:
    Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
      pokemon=e[0]
      if $game_switches[50]
        pokemon.makeShiny
      end
    }
    Then name the script to whatever you want.
    Click Ok.
    Now, if you want to have a special shiny event, like the Gyarydos in GSC/HGSS, you can turn that switch on before a battle, then turn it off after a battle.
    Since you want a shiny Celebi, your event should look like this:
    Code:
    Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = ON
    Script: pbWildBattle(
              ::PBSpecies::CELEBI,level,1)
    Control Switches: [0050: Shiny] = OFF
    Obviously, you should replace "level" with the level you want Celebi to be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back