• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
I have a new problem.
iaza17149041475600.png

Look at the bar. What should I do for it? Resize it or move it.
Tell me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Get the newest version of Essentials. The day/night system simply doesn't work in the version you have.

Is there anyway of just replacing the old day/night system with the new one? I don't really want to update the whole of essentials since i've got most of it customised to my liking.
I've made a lot of custom edits to almost all the other scripts, some of which i forgot to document when i did them and what i did

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
As well as this, does anyone know how to remove the sprite from one page of the summary screen? i know how to remove them all, but not just one page.
You should be able to do this by making the sprite visible/invisible depending on the page. Like this:
Code:
      if Input.trigger?(Input::LEFT) && [email protected]?
        [COLOR=DarkRed]@page==2 ? @sprites["pokemon"].visible=false : @sprites["pokemon"].visible=true[/COLOR]
        oldpage=@page
        @page-=1
        @page=0 if @page<0
        @page=2 if @page>2
        dorefresh=true
        if @page!=oldpage # Move to next page
          pbPlayCursorSE()
          dorefresh=true
        end
      end
      if Input.trigger?(Input::RIGHT) && [email protected]?
        [COLOR=DarkRed]@page==0 ? @sprites["pokemon"].visible=false : @sprites["pokemon"].visible=true[/COLOR]
        oldpage=@page
        @page+=1
        @page=0 if @page<0
        @page=2 if @page>2
        if @page!=oldpage # Move to next page
          pbPlayCursorSE()
          dorefresh=true
        end
      end
You could also use the long hand if statement (they do the same thing). In this example, the first addition checks if @page==2 (the 3rd page, as 0 is the first page), and changes the sprites visibility if you press left. The second addition checks if @page==0 (page 1), and sets it to invisible if you press right. The sprite on the second page should disappear, whether you come from page 1 or 3. Say you don't want to make it invisible on the second page though; you could do it to the first page by checking to see if @page==1 (page 2), and setting the page to invisible (under the Input::LEFT portion). Doing the exact same thing, but under the Input::RIGHT portion will make the sprite invisible on page 3.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the only new code there is the red portions. The code is found in PokemonSummary.
About your other issue (the ev gains one): have you applied the fix that corrects the experience display? There was a bug involving non-active battlers where they wouldn't receive experience, and the lvl up stat increase indicator wasn't working. It may potentially be causing your problem, as your solution, without actually testing it, appears to be fine. It should be on the wiki (it's already fixed in the newest Essentials though).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
thanks, i have the summary sorted.

I have all the experience bug fixes applied as far as i can tell. Its not just non active battler its happening to. Even if i have only 1 pokemon without pokerus, it gains no exp even though it says it does, doesn't give evs either it seems

Edit: I have all my other problems solved except the day/night question so its just this one and that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
It does support different sprites for different forms, and there are plenty of examples already set up (Deoxys, Arceus, Giratina, Unown, Womadam, Rotom, etc.).

What you probably mean is them changing in battle (or not, as the case may be). I haven't looked at that yet, and I would appreciate any insights. squidgy, can you let me know where you found these methods you speak of?
Weeelll, I feel like a noob. While taimao's script works, I still don't know how to change the sprites for 'mons like Giratina and such. I feel dumb, and I'm sure it will be obvious, but could somebody explain to me how to make something like that work?

Years
I get theses two erros wwhen i put in the unopva pack from FL.

I'm using Pokemon Essentials DS

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
The Unova pack is (at least back when I incorporated it) not fully compatible because it was made for the system showing pokemon Poccil used. PE DS uses one that allows animated Pokemon.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6562247&postcount=173
The fix i posted a long time back is how to fix one major issue coming from this. It may not fix your problem in particular with this, but if you haven't done it, it'll fix a problem later down the road if its not set up like this (don't know if newer version are of Unova Pack).

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2011
2 questions

I have 2 small questions:
1.How do you make an animated GIF work as the Title Screen?
2. In the Animations Editor how do you make the pokemon move? I tried just moving the pokemon's frame but that doesn't seem to work :/ it's just that tackle seems so bland.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
I think a gif cannot be used,but few cut scenes can be done.I remember reading it somewhere...it can be done by creating a event on a blank map to which the game will be directed after it starts...I don't remember it correctly but it's a cool idea.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I think a gif cannot be used,but few cut scenes can be done.I remember reading it somewhere...it can be done by creating a event on a blank map to which the game will be directed after it starts...I don't remember it correctly but it's a cool idea.

A .Gif file can be used, I've done it before with my D/p kit. It usually involves making a new script for the title screen or trying to save the .Gif as a .png which has also been done before.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
Years
Hey people!

I'm new, and i'm sorry if this question was already posted, but this has been bugging me and i don't seem to be able to find an answer:

I'm making a GSC inspired game with the Starter Kit, and, as you know, in battle when you call a pokemon, a blue halo comes first, then the sprite.

The thing is, since i'm making my GSC game, and the battle system graphics are rather simple (it's just a white background) i don't want to go through the hassle of erasing the background of ALL the backsprites of the GSC Pokémon sprites that i resize.

The problem here is, that then, the blue halo that appears for a split second when i or a trainer call a pokemon becomes the whole square of the sprite, because i haven't erased the background (as you sure understand, having to delete 250+ backsprites one by one, by hand is kind of an overkill, specially if it's unnecessary)

So my question is this - How do i delete the blue halo and all the other halos that appear when a pokemon is called or caught?

i've been searching for the script where that information is located and i can't find it. GSC games didn't had any of those, at least colored. (i would upload a link with the picture, but apparently i'm still not able)

Also, don't think this goes here, but since i'm already asking, maybe someone knows:

Not to sound lazy, but does anyone knows if there's a pack with the old pokemon GSC sprites resized for RPG Maker? I just find it strange that so far no one has done it.

In any case, i guess i'll ask this on the resources thread, also.

Thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
A .Gif file can be used, I've done it before with my D/p kit. It usually involves making a new script for the title screen or trying to save the .Gif as a .png which has also been done before.

Is it perhaps possible to explain it how you did it exactly?.I don't know how to edit the Opening game event.In the essential there's a event box in the intro map which for some reason is uneditable.How do I redirect it the title screen to a event etc.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Is it perhaps possible to explain it how you did it exactly?.I don't know how to edit the Opening game event.In the essential there's a event box in the intro map which for some reason is uneditable.How do I redirect it the title screen to a event etc.

For an event is kind of awkward as you need to make it so the scripts load up the map before the intro script. And for a .Gif to work I somehow did it, was luck but I basically used a .Gif animator called Ulead, made my .Gif in there and when it came to saving as saved it into the titles folder but I overwritten the existing title image.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2021
I am trying to replace my battlers files with .GIF rather than .PNG. So i replaced the 001.PNG with a .GIF and it worked fine, but with one problem:

The bulbasaur file has around 50+ frames for the animation. It looks great in every viewer/program i can find, but when i set it up in game there is a strange flickering. Essentially, every cycle of the animation, the lower half of the sprite disappears and reveals only the background. So the animation is great apart from every few seconds (seemingly at the same place each animation cycle) a small section of the sprite disappears.

I am well aware that RMXP does not fully support .GIF files, but i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or has a possible solution. Thanks guys

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Every time I try to add a Trainer Type, I keep getting this error

Spoiler:

Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: And now I'm getting this error when I tried the other version of Essentials:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Problem with waterfall script

I'm having some troubles with the waterfall script. I don't know how to fix it.
Here is the error log:

Exception: ArgumentError

PokemonHiddenMoves:355:in `pbFacingTerrainTag'

PokemonHiddenMoves:355:in `pbDescendWaterfall'

PokemonField:1136

PokemonField:1129:in `call'

PBEvent:54:in `trigger'

PBEvent:49:in `each'

PBEvent:49:in `trigger'

Game_Character_2:67:in `update_move'

Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'

Walk_Run:95:in `update'

Thanks in advance.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I know what it is(give me a moment for fix).

terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag(nil,event)

to

terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
Years
I have noticed (Wiki Essentials) That if you go to a wild surf battle, and run away, the game tends to lag a lot, I currently do not know what is the issue causing it but I also highly doubt that I changed anything to make it that way, because other wild battles work fine.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
I know what it is(give me a moment for fix).

terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag(nil,event)

to

terrain=Kernel.pbFacingTerrainTag

Where can I find it?

Also:
Here is the current waterfall script I have
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back