• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
  • I try to send a a demo to my friend but he gets this error when he tries to play it:

Exception: Win32::Registry::Error
    RTP and Registry:201:in `open'
    RTP and Registry:467:in `rtpGetPath'
    RTP and Registry:481:in `audio_exist?'
    Game_Map*:140:in `autoplay'
    Scene_Map:235:in `transfer_player'
    Scene_Map:105:in `update'
    Scene_Map:96:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:109:in `update'
    Scene_Map:65:in `main'
    Scene_Map:62:in `loop'

What's going on?

it looks like you left it with the RTP still installed. (At least, that's why I assume it was looking for the "rtpGetPath" registry key) That's probably not the only problem, but all you have to do to fix that is to disable the RTP.

Henry987

Pokémon Shiny Red:D
    Years
  • I need help It says that I can change the trainer back in the script mode, but I dont get it how do I do so he can throw the ball and his pokemon comes out....

Poccil I need help, I dont get this whit Townmagen.html..... and how do I change the trainer back in animation so he/she can throw the pokeball? and how do I get day/night system??? Plz help me or Pm me .......... THX!

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • I need help It says that I can change the trainer back in the script mode, but I dont get it how do I do so he can throw the ball and his pokemon comes out....

Poccil I need help, I dont get this whit Townmagen.html..... and how do I change the trainer back in animation so he/she can throw the pokeball? and how do I get day/night system??? Plz help me or Pm me .......... THX!

Read. The. Readme.

This kit was made for you own use and development, NOT so that we could spoon feed you with detailed instructions on how to do everything.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2023
    How do you change a font in a "Call Script" event? It's just I'm tacking something on to the beginning of the "New Game" thing, and the bgcolour is black. The thing is, the text is black as well...

So I need it coloured white. Whenever I try Font.color = Color.new(0,0,0,0), it doesn't work; I get a pbExecuteScript 2:(eval) error.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • How do you change a font in a "Call Script" event? It's just I'm tacking something on to the beginning of the "New Game" thing, and the bgcolour is black. The thing is, the text is black as well...

So I need it coloured white. Whenever I try Font.color = Color.new(0,0,0,0), it doesn't work; I get a pbExecuteScript 2:(eval) error.

I might be wrong, but I'm fairly certain the custom formatting options included with Essentials work within scripts as well. For example, if you wanted white text to display, put '\c[8]' (no quotes) before the text.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    Hi
    I have downloded your Pokemon Essential and i found it simply fantastic.......
    But i have a question for you....i'm making a Pokemon Game but i want use Pokemon Characters like in Mistery Dungeon......do you Know were i can find them????

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    It was a mistake on my part. The note should have read:

Code:
    pbRegisterPartner([b]PBTrainers::[/b]PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0)

wonderin, i'm still getting the error, what am I doing wrong or is there still something wrong with it?

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
    Years
  • .... well it was only 2 things I was wondering about -_-..... so why can't I just ask for help?

Because both those questions are answered in notes.html.

Seriously, I find it odd how people will wait DAYS for someone to give them an answer when they can take two minutes to find it themselves.

Henry987

Pokémon Shiny Red:D
    Years
  • Because both those questions are answered in notes.html.

Seriously, I find it odd how people will wait DAYS for someone to give them an answer when they can take two minutes to find it themselves.

ahhh! I see well the trainer animation did'nt I found in note but the day/night system I did :D thx Mirchewy

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you try to resize or edit anything in Paint, then the background wont be transparent anymore, resulting in blocks of white around the image (unless the image has no transparency in the first place).

Download Paint.Net (search it), it's exactly like photoshop, only lighter, and easier.

-Krobe

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I've got quite a complicated questions. You know the way the music in a wild/trainer battle starts? Here's an example: https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gba/gba-pkmnfrlg-wildpkmnbattle.mid

Well, I want the battle to be able to play 2 different songs. The first song would be about the first 20 seconds of this song, and would only play ONCE. The second part would be 20 seconds onwards, which would keep on replaying itself.

If anyone doesn't understand what I'm trying to say, I'll explain it better.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    What filetype are you using? If it's MIDI I could help - I know how to set the loop points for MIDIs.

Years
  • Does anyone here know how to add a pokemon to your party, but it will know a specific move that it normaly won't learn? (If this is even possible) As my plot has alot to do with baby pokemon, yet none of them have attack moves, at the moment as I don't beleive they are coded in or, some just don't have any attack moves (Eg.Copycat is an attack not in).
    Thanks, it's appreciated ^.^ ~Dusty

RMXPUser462

Just call me Ryan
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    It was a mistake on my part. The note should have read:

Code:
    pbRegisterPartner([b]PBTrainers::[/b]PkMnTRAINER_Cheryl,"Cheryl",0)

wonderin, i'm still getting the error, what am I doing wrong or is there still something wrong with it?

seizes to amaze me how one man can't get a simple question answered :rambo:

Years
  • @RMXPUser462 - It ceases to amaze me how people think half of us are telekinetic, and can read your mind. Why don't you explain in detail why it doesn't work? It's obvious that your doing something wrong, so post your event, and explain your situation better.

@[email protected] - You could always just, add in Pokemon.txt, put whatever Baby Pokemon in there, to learn a move at, let say, lv.2, so that when it hatches, it'll already know said move. The only thing is, that it'll always know that move, when the player breeds.

-Krobe

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back