• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    I'm getting an error...

Bad line syntax (expected syntax like XXX=YYY)
    file PBS/pokemon.txt, line 300

I checked line 300, it's Abilities=SHEDSKIN under Metapod.

Why is it telling me the syntax is no good? Both words are spelled and formatted properly... I'm really confused about this.

Could someone give me a suggestion as to how to fix this?

I've tried so many different things to fix it, but I can't! I can't get anything done with my game until I figure this out! I'm desperate!

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Grifstar:You can have the shiny be different, in the battlers the pokemon with the name S is shiny, jsut edit that. I do not know where the ratio is.

I know that, but there's supposed to be a way to have more than one type of shiny. (Like for mine, I was hoping to have the original shinies, and then a second set unique to the game)

And I still have no idea how to fix the rarity DX

Last edited:

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    I'm getting this error whenever I get into a wild battle:

Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokémon: Yesterday's Journey
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbDisplayPaused' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x51fca40>

PokeBattle_Battle:565:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:536:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:414:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:413:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:415:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:412:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:412:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:726:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player*:447:in `update_old'

Walk/Run:66:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    Any suggestions? I've looked into it as best as I can, but I have no idea what to do. The "0x51fca40" part changes every time and I don't know what it means.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    err, looks like you might be having problems with the "pbDisplayPaused", whatever that is exactly.

Have you been messing with the battle graphics?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    err, looks like you might be having problems with the "pbDisplayPaused", whatever that is exactly.

Have you been messing with the battle graphics?
    Well yeah, I figured that much out. I looked at the pbDisplayPaused script, and it's defined. I haven't changed it at all.

Umm... What part of the battle graphics? I edited the message box and status boxes, but I've done that in other games, as well as this one before. They worked fine until now, so I don't think that's the problem.

Grifstar

Certified Shark Bait
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Well, I meant recently. Since if you just edited something new it might've had something to do with it.

The fact it's a Display thing though sounds like it might be graphic-related. But I can't tell, I never seen that script before.

Champio30

Pokemon: Team Alpha's Revenge
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2014
    I'm getting this error whenever I get into a wild battle:

Code:
    Pokémon: Yesterday's Journey
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbDisplayPaused' for #<PokeBattle_Battle:0x51fca40>

PokeBattle_Battle:565:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:536:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:414:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:413:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:415:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:412:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:412:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:726:in `pbOnStepTaken'

Game_Player*:447:in `update_old'

Walk/Run:66:in `update'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   
    Any suggestions? I've looked into it as best as I can, but I have no idea what to do. The "0x51fca40" part changes every time and I don't know what it means.
    is there perhaps a script in one of your events that says "pbdisplaypause"?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Well, I meant recently. Since if you just edited something new it might've had something to do with it.

The fact it's a Display thing though sounds like it might be graphic-related. But I can't tell, I never seen that script before.

is there perhaps a script in one of your events that says "pbdisplaypause"?

No, I haven't changed any graphics-related things recently. I have been adding new moves though, which I suspect could have something to do with it.
    The pbDisplayPaused happens in the normal battle multiple times, but I still don't understand why it's causing a problem now. The part that's causing my problem happens when, in a wild battle, the message "A wild {1} appeared!" is supposed to be displayed.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • No, I haven't changed any graphics-related things recently. I have been adding new moves though, which I suspect could have something to do with it.
    The pbDisplayPaused happens in the normal battle multiple times, but I still don't understand why it's causing a problem now. The part that's causing my problem happens when, in a wild battle, the message "A wild {1} appeared!" is supposed to be displayed.

The best thing you can do to solve this problem is to copy the original battle scripts and paste then in your project so everything goes back to default.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    The best thing you can do to solve this problem is to copy the original battle scripts and paste then in your project so everything goes back to default.
    I tried this already. I've tried every simple solution thinkable, so I need advice from an experienced scripter. I have no idea what is going on, and it's really taking a toll on my potential progress.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • I tried this already. I've tried every simple solution thinkable, so I need advice from an experienced scripter. I have no idea what is going on, and it's really taking a toll on my potential progress.

Hmm replace all images in your pictures folder with the original ones and also do that with all the scripts, if you do that, it will probably works. Also check if this problem is with any battle or only with one specific.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2013
    How do you make a in game trade?
    OR,
    How do you remove a specific pokemon from your party?

Please help me!

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Hmm replace all images in your pictures folder with the original ones and also do that with all the scripts, if you do that, it will probably works. Also check if this problem is with any battle or only with one specific.

Yeah, I'm sure returning everything to the way it was when I downloaded Essentials might work, but that's just a huge waste of time when I could just get advice from someone who knows their way around the scripts.

Can someone with scripting knowledge please help me with my problem?

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm sure returning everything to the way it was when I downloaded Essentials might work, but that's just a huge waste of time when I could just get advice from someone who knows their way around the scripts.

Can someone with scripting knowledge please help me with my problem?

Actually it had already been some time youre trying to find a pro scripter to help you, if you had done what i told you in the start maybe it wouldnt be a lost of time =/. Also do you have any backups? Instead of replacing with essentials scripts, replce with your backup ones =p. Good luck.

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    Actually it had already been some time youre trying to find a pro scripter to help you, if you had done what i told you in the start maybe it wouldnt be a lost of time =/. Also do you have any backups? Instead of replacing with essentials scripts, replce with your backup ones =p. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have someone looking at it right now.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Just wanted to drop by and tell you how much I love and appreciate your starter kit. Thanks a bunch! I might be experiencing some difficulties with some of the scripts a bit later so expect some posts from me. Thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2012
    Can someone please tell me how do I playtest the game quickly without having to go through the intro all the time? I used to just place my starting point on the map in that I want to test in RMXP but since the starter kit recompiles every time I playtest, how do I skip the intro? Thanks.

Btw, I used the pbAddDependency2 script to add a character following me around and I edited the common event to prompt a choice to remove him when I talk to him. However, once I started adding a few more characters following me around, I have problems removing them. An error message comes out.

And I can't get this to work:
    Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
    031, "John", 005
    )

It can't seem to add the event I want. I put 031 because it is the event's ID, but it doesn't work and shows another error message. When I used @event_id, it works. Is it possible to use the id no.? I f so, what should I do?

Last edited:

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • sorry if this has been asked before, but, how do you creat the pokemon encounter rates. I just have grass and no pokemon in them
    [Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Can someone please tell me how do I playtest the game quickly without having to go through the intro all the time? I used to just place my starting point on the map in that I want to test in RMXP but since the starter kit recompiles every time I playtest, how do I skip the intro? Thanks.

Btw, I used the pbAddDependency2 script to add a character following me around and I edited the common event to prompt a choice to remove him when I talk to him. However, once I started adding a few more characters following me around, I have problems removing them. An error message comes out.

And I can't get this to work:
    Kernel.pbAddDependency2(
    031, "John", 005
    )

It can't seem to add the event I want. I put 031 because it is the event's ID, but it doesn't work and shows another error message. When I used @event_id, it works. Is it possible to use the id no.? I f so, what should I do?
    Can't you just save after the intro?
    As for the error message, it would help if you posted the error. Try removing the 0s from the script (just 31 and 5).

Pika Storm: Use the visual editor, or edit the Encounters.txt file.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Does anybody know how to change the Position of the in-battle sprites?
    I succesfully changed the "Trainer Battle"-ones, but I can't change the pos. of the "wildbattle"-ones,
    if anybod know how to do edit the pos for Wildbattle-sprites, I'd be eternaly grateful.

//44tim44

I dunno if I was ignored or what, but I seriously
    need help with this,
    it essential for my project...

I hope somebody can help me.

//44tim44

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back