• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Sorry for the mention of such a small problem, but the rpg maker I downloaded immediately tells me my 30 day trial is over before I can do anything. Is there any quick fix to this(other than illegally downloading the full version of course).

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Sorry for the mention of such a small problem, but the rpg maker I downloaded immediately tells me my 30 day trial is over before I can do anything. Is there any quick fix to this(other than illegally downloading the full version of course).
    That's not really an Essentials question, but I'll answer anyways. If you haven't already purchased the full version ($50 i think?), then you'll need to do so. If you did, then see if you kept the key they sent you and try to reactivate it. If that doesn't work (or you didn't keep it), then email them about the problem and they'll probably help you out. They let me transfer mine to a new computer without paying for a new one under the promise of removing it off the old one, so they're pretty flexible about these kinds of things. It would probably help to include a receipt with the email too.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    That's not really an Essentials question, but I'll answer anyways. If you haven't already purchased the full version ($50 i think?), then you'll need to do so. If you did, then see if you kept the key they sent you and try to reactivate it. If that doesn't work (or you didn't keep it), then email them about the problem and they'll probably help you out. They let me transfer mine to a new computer without paying for a new one under the promise of removing it off the old one, so they're pretty flexible about these kinds of things. It would probably help to include a receipt with the email too.

Yeah, I know it wasn't an essentials question, but when I had rpg maker xp before people answered my question about it in this thread, so I figured it was the best place for it.

Thanks for the help, although I was unaware I needed the full version to run essentials.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Yeah, I know it wasn't an essentials question, but when I had rpg maker xp before people answered my question about it in this thread, so I figured it was the best place for it.

Thanks for the help, although I was unaware I needed the full version to run essentials.
    The thing is that Essentials is not a standalone program or anything. It's simply an RMXP project that was made into a Pokemon game. And as with any other RMXP project, the full version is needed (unless you can make a game in less than 30 days).

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    (unless you can make a game in less than 30 days).

Give me a few years, I feel the need to find an appropriate image response to that.

======UNRELATED=====

What I'm trying to do here is get the HM cut to actually retrieve the name of a move upon using it instead of just saying "used cut!" because in my game, any move that slashes/cuts can be substituted for cut as long as you have the right badge.

Another thing I'm trying to do if for HMs such as surf and if you have a certain type of Pokémon in your party, you're able to use that move as well. I haven't looked into this yet though, so it's probably pretty easy.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Give me a few years, I feel the need to find an appropriate image response to that.

======UNRELATED=====

What I'm trying to do here is get the HM cut to actually retrieve the name of a move upon using it instead of just saying "used cut!" because in my game, any move that slashes/cuts can be substituted for cut as long as you have the right badge.

Another thing I'm trying to do if for HMs such as surf and if you have a certain type of Pokémon in your party, you're able to use that move as well. I haven't looked into this yet though, so it's probably pretty easy.
    I had an idea similar to that. Like any large or fighting type could use strength (without HMs), any large water type can surf, any pokemon with claws can cut, etc. I'd have to do some looking to figure out how to get the name, but I had something that checked moves I think in that mission script I did. You'll probably have to setup an array to store all the moves that qualify as being able to cut, and then compare it to the pokemon's moves. Then return the first match.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Hi
    I was wondering if there is somewhere a tutorial on how to make the screen size like the DS games? I don't just mean a bigger screen, I also mean that the battle screen would fit etc
    thanks

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    If you want the game screen size to be like the DS games, you'll have to go to the script SpriteResizer and change lines 11 and 12 to:

Code:
      @@width=512
      @@height=384

But, you can't just change the resolution and have all of the systems automatically changed to work for you. You'll have to edit the scripts to fit the resolution yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying... is there any tutorial somewhere on what to do to have the full game be resized accordingly? I see quite a few screenshots where they have the DS resolution... so is there a thread about this particular feature or something?

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying... is there any tutorial somewhere on what to do to have the full game be resized accordingly? I see quite a few screenshots where they have the DS resolution... so is there a thread about this particular feature or something?

No, because like I said, you'll have to edit the scripts yourself.
    Yes, that's because they edited the scripts themselves to have everything fit the resolution. And no, there isn't a thread about just that feature.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years

Stop. You're trying to get a Ds styled screen resolution with no coding knowledge? Learn to code from tutorials and messing around with editing essentials with minor things before you know, trying to do that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    Way to read into my post about things that are not true...
    I know how to code and I've added quite a few features to the engine myself (like, making all the gen4 abilities work, new attacks, etc) but I don't want to spend X hours of my time changing every X and Y positions of the battle screen. I mean, after years of pokemon essentials with GBA resolution, I was hoping someone at last would give a tutorial or a demo on how to change the screen so it's bigger

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
    Way to read into my post about things that are not true...
    I know how to code and I've added quite a few features to the engine myself (like, making all the gen4 abilities work, new attacks, etc) but I don't want to spend X hours of my time changing every X and Y positions of the battle screen. I mean, after years of pokemon essentials with GBA resolution, I was hoping someone at last would give a tutorial or a demo on how to change the screen so it's bigger

Sorry, was an instant assumption as most posting like that don't normally know :P But if you need detailed help drop a Pm by and I will give you it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2015
    Is there a way to make it so that when you fight a trainer, it will play a short sound clip that can be unique for each trainer?
    Example:
    You challenge the Champion of the Elite Four...
    The game goes into the battle as usual, but when it says "Champion Steven would like to battle!" it plays a short sound clip of "Good luck." while it's typing the "Steven would like to battle" message?
    Thanks in advance,
    Lcarens

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    I've got a problem:
    When I edit the battleback of my Route 1 in Pokemon Essentials, I get a black background.
    But when I reset it, and when I leave the box empty, I get battlebg1.
    Is anyone able to help me?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    $29,90 at official online store

i think is somewhat this script, I use Cut for example.

Original:
    Code:
    def Kernel.pbCut
     if $DEBUG || $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT]
       name=CUT
       movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(:name)
       if $DEBUG || movefinder
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down!\1"))
        if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to cut it?"))
          speciesname=!movefinder ? $Trainer.name : movefinder.name
          Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used Cut!",speciesname))
          pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
          return true
        end
       else
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down."))
       end
     else
     end
     return false
    end

Mod:
    Code:
    def Kernel.pbCut
     array=[]
     array=[CUT,SLASH,LEAFBLADE]#insert moves here
     if $DEBUG || $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT]
       cont=0
       While(true)
         movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(:array[cont])
         if $DEBUG || movefinder
          Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down!\1"))
          if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to cut it?"))
            speciesname=!movefinder ? $Trainer.name : movefinder.name
            Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used Cut!",speciesname))
            pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
            break
            return true
          end
         else
           cont=cont+1
           if (cont==array.size)
             break
           end
         end
       end
     else
     end
     return false
    end

I've got a problem:
    When I edit the battleback of my Route 1 in Pokemon Essentials, I get a black background.
    But when I reset it, and when I leave the box empty, I get battlebg1.
    Is anyone able to help me?
    The essentials give you the 1 because its use the terrain type if you don't put a special area background

Have you put all new custom files?. Change XXX to your background name:
    Graphics/Pictures/battlebgXXX.png - Any size.
    Graphics/Pictures/playerbaseXXX.png - Measures 256x32 pixels and has the appearance of a semi-ellipse.
    Graphics/Pictures/enemybaseXXX.png

Last edited:

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    The essentials give you the 1 because its use the terrain type if you don't put a special area background

Have you put all new custom files?. Change XXX to your background name:
    Graphics/Pictures/battlebgXXX.png - Any size.
    Graphics/Pictures/playerbaseXXX.png - Measures 256x32 pixels and has the appearance of a semi-ellipse.
    Graphics/Pictures/enemybaseXXX.png
    I want to use Battlebg15, playerbase15 and enemybase15 and the metadata shows this:
    Code:
    [007]
    # Route 1
    BattleBack="15"
    Bicycle=true
    MapPosition=1,6,5
    Outdoor=true
    EscapePoint=11,9,9
    ShowArea=true

I'm still getting a black background though, and the same goes for the trainerbattles.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Thanks for the advise! I downloaded all versions of the essentials and tested them. The 3rd april 2010 version was a bit strange with audio, so i took the latest version from the wiki (from 5th september 2010). Now the connections work.
    Try erasing the Audio.dll (it messes with the MIDIs, which is what a lot of the music in the kit is). If that doesn't fix it (it may leave the intro MIDI playing into the battle until finished) then find
    Code:
    trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
    and change it to
    Code:
    Audio.me_fade(2500)
    trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
    pbWait(20)
    Audio.me_stop
    Audio.bgm_stop
    That will hopefully take care of it.

I want to use Battlebg15, playerbase15 and enemybase15 and the metadata shows this:
    Code:
    [007]
    # Route 1
    BattleBack="15"
    Bicycle=true
    MapPosition=1,6,5
    Outdoor=true
    EscapePoint=11,9,9
    ShowArea=true

I'm still getting a black background though, and the same goes for the trainerbattles.
    I think that you're done right, have you compiled? Open the editor or start the game while holding ctrl.
    ------------------------------
    The 3rd April 2010 version I think that is the most stable version, but AWAYs had the Multibattle glitch (different that Wiki says) and a Waterfall glitch.
    This version had also new bugs like fill Box glitch (I fond how to fix), battle music glitch (I fond how to fix) and a reposition (on editor) glitch.
    This version has a bit less lag that later version, but more that 2009 versions or is my computer?

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
    For some reason when I use pbAddPokemon, then go to a pokemon wild battle the battle scene takes too long to load then autosaves, and exits, but let say i use pbCreatePokemon, I can go into a wild battle w/o crashing.
    (Yes, I capitalized, and etc the player gets the pokemon... But if I go to a wild battle that is the problem.)

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    Okay, I don't want to come across as an idiot but I may do so in the process of this post...

But simple request here, if possible.
    As Poccil's site is down until someone donates (and I can't do so at the moment), is there
    any chance of someone providing an alternative download link to the latest version, please?

If you can't provide it, then I'm out of places to look. haha.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me finally get the amazing starter kit everyone is talking about!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back