• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    It has been a long time since I asked a question here. Here it goes.

Is it possible to make the person talk while he is moving? I don't know if it's easy, or impossible.

-GiЯ

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • G IR
    • Earth
    • Seen Nov 30, 2023
    what can i delete from this script, i want to get rid of the part that says all boys/girls leave home somrday.
    and the part were she says you should take a quick rest i want it to player lock where do i add that??

Spoiler:

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    It has been a long time since I asked a question here. Here it goes.

Is it possible to make the person talk while he is moving? I don't know if it's easy, or impossible.
    yeah, just put the "waitmovement 0x0" under the msgbox, example:
    dynamic 0x

#org @start
    faceplayer
    applymovement 0xFF @movey
    msgbox @text
    boxset 0x6
    waitmovement 0x0
    end

Not a good script but an example, try it out, I might be wrong.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    is there a way to edit what Birch says at the beginning of the sapphire using A-map and XSE?

i'd also like to edit what the character's mom says upon exiting the moving truck?

thanks in advance

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    is there a way to edit what Birch says at the beginning of the sapphire using A-map and XSE?

i'd also like to edit what the character's mom says upon exiting the moving truck?

thanks in advance

That's about the only thing A-Text is good for. Look it up in the Tools section, it should be around there somewhere.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    That script wont, just follow my example.
    I think he was actually quoting your post, in which case, yes you can make him talk at the same time he's walking. You can also make him walk a little, then start talking while continuing to walk at the same time, and many more variations of that simple idea.

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    That's about the only thing A-Text is good for. Look it up in the Tools section, it should be around there somewhere.

damn, i was hoping you wouldnt say that, i cant use a-text, cos my comp wont let me add the .ocx files.

thanks anyway

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    damn, i was hoping you wouldnt say that, i cant use a-text, cos my comp wont let me add the .ocx files.

thanks anyway

It won't let you add them?

All you have to do is search the .ocx file name on google, download it, and put it in the A-Text folder...

shane2243

Dragonite Lover
    Years
    It won't let you add them?

All you have to do is search the .ocx file name on google, download it, and put it in the A-Text folder...

dont you have to put them into the system32 folder? and administrative stuff wont let me add them to that file, but if i can put them in the a-text folder that'd be cool, i'll try now

[edit] no that didnt work =[ [/edit]

i've now noticed a problem with two of my scripts, they seem to be crossing over.

ive attached a picture, that should show what it is i mean.

script for pic 1
    Spoiler:

for pics 2-4
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    This movement script isn't working:
    Spoiler:

This is placed in a Fire Red ROM, as a floor script (on the same tile as a flight path). It is meant to activate when the player exits their house in Pallet Town. Someone should run up to them and give the a Pokemon and hen run and it should look like they enter the rival's house.

Instead the script doesn't activate. I step off it and step back on it and the game freezes. The sprite doesn't move at all.

Sprite info
    Spoiler:

Please help.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    This movement script isn't working:
    Spoiler:

This is placed in a Fire Red ROM, as a floor script (on the same tile as a flight path). It is meant to activate when the player exits their house in Pallet Town. Someone should run up to them and give the a Pokemon and hen run and it should look like they enter the rival's house.

Instead the script doesn't activate. I step off it and step back on it and the game freezes. The sprite doesn't move at all.

Sprite info
    Spoiler:

Please help.

2 things...
    1: Did you set the Var Number, and Unknown Settings to...
    Unknown 0003
    Var Number 4050

If you did not, it would cause a freeze...

2: If you want a script to activate the second you leave a house, you need to use a level script... Or you can just make it so that if you step on any tiles one step away from you're house, the script activates...

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    2 things...
    1: Did you set the Var Number, and Unknown Settings to...
    Unknown 0003
    Var Number 4050

If you did not, it would cause a freeze...

2: If you want a script to activate the second you leave a house, you need to use a level script... Or you can just make it so that if you step on any tiles one step away from you're house, the script activates...

Yes they are there, but the script doesn't work.
    BTW What is a level script?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    Yes they are there, but the script doesn't work.
    BTW What is a level script?

A level script is a script that activates the second the level is entered.
    Like... when you get Oaks Parcel and Give it to oak, then you go back to Viridian City, and the old man who teaches you how to catch pokemon is normal... well, what happens is, when you walk into the Map, the level script is read, and checks to see if a certain Variable is set to a certain value.
    If it is the old man is standing, if not, he is laying down...
    It is also like in emerald version, with the Mirage tower, how when you get one of the fossils, the tower crumbles away... well, a level script checks if that event happened, and if It did, it makes the tower gone every time you go there.

Anyways, I am not very good at level scripts myself, may I suggest asking HackMew about them... he seems to know almost everything about scripting...

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Pokepal17.. If the person event number is 5 then applymovement 0x04 is wrong. It should be 0x5 instead of 0x4. You take the person event number always.

Also, try putting the unknown and var number like this:
    Unknown: 0003
    Var Number: 5040

- A level script is an event that triggers when you immediately enter a map. For more information on that, go to Cooley's Tutorial on level scripting.

I hope that helps.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    Thanks it helped. I had a look at the level script and it doesn't look like it works like that in A-map 1.92. How come I had to put thise certain figures in for the unknown and var number. Can you please explain how this script gives me those figures. thanks :).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800001

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x1 goto @end
    applymovement 0x1 @up
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox @haveyou
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0x1 @down
    applymovement 0xFF @back
    release
    end

#org @up
    #raw 0x01
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x03
    #raw 0xFE

#org @haveyou
    = MUM: Are you carrying your POKéMON?\nNo? Go back up and get it.\lI need you to go run an errand for\lme in [LOCATION].

#org @down
    #raw 0x00
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x02
    #raw 0xFE

#org @back
    #raw 0x03 
    #raw 0xFE

#org @end
    release
    After the text nothing else executes. She just stays in one spot. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2016
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800001

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    checkflag 0x1000
    if 0x1 goto @end
    applymovement 0x1 @up
    waitmovement 0x0
    msgbox @haveyou
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0x1 @down
    applymovement 0xFF @back
    waitmovement 0x0
    release
    end

#org @up
    #raw 0x01
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x11
    #raw 0x03
    #raw 0xFE

#org @haveyou
    = MUM: Are you carrying your POKéMON?\nNo? Go back up and get it.\lI need you to go run an errand for\lme in [LOCATION].

#org @down
    #raw 0x00
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x10
    #raw 0x02
    #raw 0xFE

#org @back
    #raw 0x03 
    #raw 0xFE

#org @end
    release
    After the text nothing else executes. She just stays in one spot. Any help would be appreciated.

Fixed the script. Your problem is that you forgot the Waitmovement 0x0 command after one of your applymovements. Without it, the movements will fail.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back