• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Once you have installed DNS by PrimeDiagla locate the byte which states the day (0-6).

So you might have something located like this:

20 13 08 12 08 56 32 (YY YY MM DD HR MIN SEC obviously not in dec)

We will need 2 bytes anywhere free in the ram : 00 00

Copy the DD byte using 'copybyte' in XSE and copy it to the first byte. (12 00)

Now use XSE's 'comparefarbytes' to compare these bytes (12 00)

then I assume it gets stored in 0x800D or LAST_RESULT so say 'compare 0x800D 0x1'

'if 0x1 goto @same_day'. From that pointer end the script.

TO continue write copybyte to the second byte so now you have (12 12).

then you can have your event. Now if you try and redo that event the bytes are EQUAL, making the script jump to @same_day.

eg:
Spoiler:

So as you can see you don't even need a flag in a way...

For your two bytes of RAM, use a var, like 0x40F8. That can hold two bytes, and the commands are easier.

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
Hi a question about ASM.

How can I determine where a routine's address is?

Say I want to find how to skip the animation movie at the start of the game? To set breakpoints don't you need the address?

karatekid552

Years
Hi a question about ASM.

How can I determine where a routine's address is?

Say I want to find how to skip the animation movie at the start of the game? To set breakpoints don't you need the address?

Not necessarily. Start from a know point, such as the loading of GFX. You can set a breakpoint on read of the gfx used in the animation movie. Most of the time, you will find yourself in BIOS. Follow the routine until it returns to the function that called it. Now, you are on the trail of the movie animation routine.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Yes, there are unused tiles in your tileset.

What exactly are you changing? Battle backgrounds? or Titlescreens?
Yeah there are, my image has a lot of white in it. And im changing the titlescreen.

Also I had another question. Im using NSE to make my OWs and i wanted to use more pallets, so i was going though the characters and realized they used pallets 3 and 4, but not 2 or 1 anywhere. so i changed the pallet to #2 and it was completely blank. I decided to make it a new pallet and added colors and made sprites, but then when i tried putting the sprites into the game, their colors were distorted and not working right. Anybody know how i can fix this?

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Palette two is not used because of its errors. So you can't use it. Try Jpan's hacked engine instead.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Palette two is not used because of its errors. So you can't use it. Try Jpan's hacked engine instead.

Im already using the JPAN engine. So if that one doesnt work then is there another way i can add more pallets? do the other ones that they dont use have errors too?

karatekid552

Years
Yeah there are, my image has a lot of white in it. And im changing the titlescreen.

Also I had another question. Im using NSE to make my OWs and i wanted to use more pallets, so i was going though the characters and realized they used pallets 3 and 4, but not 2 or 1 anywhere. so i changed the pallet to #2 and it was completely blank. I decided to make it a new pallet and added colors and made sprites, but then when i tried putting the sprites into the game, their colors were distorted and not working right. Anybody know how i can fix this?

Titlescreens... Fun stuff.:) Read this method. It eliminates those issues: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298030

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
Are there any ROM hacking tools for Mac OS mountain lion?

Hopefully a conversion of advance map and other helpful tools.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years

I'm a Vista user :(

1. Would you happen to know how to insert the national dex early on in Fire Red?

Make a script with special 0x16F in it.

Code:
#org @asdfg
lock
faceplayer
special 0x16F
msgbox @msg 0x6
release
end

#org @msg
= I just activated your National/nDex!

There may be more to it than that, but in Emerald all it takes is a special (0x1F3).

Years
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
more of a brainstorm than a question,

as a community of people for a knack for this type of thing, I was thinking;

I've heard it was possible to get a "follow you script" in the advanced versions EXCEPT that you would have to manually apply it to every Map and that it wouldn't be worth the effort.

The idea then, is would it be possible to make a function in Advance Map that would allow a player to overlay a script over every map, in the header?

Example: Customize the script and gather its $offset and choose script type ect, and then click [GLOBAL ADD] and it would overlay it over every map by giving that map +1 scripts in the Header. Then [GLOBAL ADD] function could also even have a [ ] check box of which maps to apply to before you click it.

Another use for something like this could be putting a Chansey in every PokeCenter for a Yellow remake ect.

Food for thought hoping someone with the know how might run with it..

karatekid552

Years
more of a brainstorm than a question,

as a community of people for a knack for this type of thing, I was thinking;

I've heard it was possible to get a "follow you script" in the advanced versions EXCEPT that you would have to manually apply it to every Map and that it wouldn't be worth the effort.

The idea then, is would it be possible to make a function in Advance Map that would allow a player to overlay a script over every map, in the header?

Example: Customize the script and gather its $offset and choose script type ect, and then click [GLOBAL ADD] and it would overlay it over every map by giving that map +1 scripts in the Header. Then [GLOBAL ADD] function could also even have a [ ] check box of which maps to apply to before you click it.

Another use for something like this could be putting a Chansey in every PokeCenter for a Yellow remake ect.

Food for thought hoping someone with the know how might run with it..

It would be much better to just use JPAN's engine and create a walking script. That would have the same effect. For the OWs, that would be nice on linked maps like PC's, but could get trickey in coding.

#richboyprobs XD

Ummm, the hackers that I know which use Mac tend to use Wine. It would really be in your benefit to just get some cheap, second hand computer parts and build a PC for about $20. That is what I did, and for just hacking, it works fine. I don't have a mac, but I wanted my own computer and it works great.

Last edited:

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
#richboyprobs XD

Ummm, the hackers that I know which use Mac tend to use Wine. It would really be in your benefit to just get some cheap, second hand computer parts and build a PC for about $20. That is what I did, and for just hacking, it works fine. I don't have a mac, but I wanted my own computer and it works great.

I don't own a Mac myself, but every one of my friends who does also runs Windows on it through Boot Camp. That may require you to change your HDD partitions around a bit, but it could be something worth looking in to.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
hello..
i want to ask something..
how to add a new overworld map.. ?
just like fire red has a kanto map and sevii island map...
but emerald just has a hoen map...

GoGoJJTech

Years
It's probably because of a glitchy attack pointer or animation. Try to see the problems in PGE.

ASM, to make the game load a new worldmap.

GoGoJJTech

Years
There are a few tutorials on here about ASM. Just you must understand them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back