• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon time

pokemon master
Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    when i open any of my roms i even tried a new one still didnt work it just tuns black and stops

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    FHJoker said:
    I'm talking about the order of the stats and stuff.

The structure would be [Pokemon Number][HP][Attack][Defence][Speed][Special Attack][Special Defence][Type 1][Type 2][How rare the Pokemon can be found in grass/sea/cave][Experience][Picture Size][Pointer value for picture facing you(2 bytes)][pointer value for picture facing enemy(2 bytes)][Attacks(2x2bytes)][HM-TMs(4x2bytes)][Blank data(2x2bytes)]

pokemon time said:
    when i open any of my roms i even tried a new one still didnt work it just tuns black and stops

Did you try Options > Emulation > Save Type > Flash 128K?

If not then appears that the ROM files you have are glitched.

Years
  • when i open any of my roms i even tried a new one still didnt work it just tuns black and stops

Well, how about you redownload the ROMs, or yes, do what Blazichu said.
    The problem may still be occuring because of maybe you are loading bad ROMS, so try redownloading some and then try.

Shiny Charizard

I need 15 post!!!!
    Years
  • repost

Can somebody please help me. I made just a simple talking script, but those weird signs came out. I tried it with a give potion script and those signs came again out, but I got the potion.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

Help!!!!! I am begging you.

(sorry that I am so boring, but I need to know how I can make NORMAL scripts)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    pokemon time said:
    it isnt responding still i even reloaded roms

Did you try doing Options > Emulation > Save Type > Flash 128K in the VBA? Also if you still cannot load ROM files use the No$GBA as an alternative.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Hello, I'm new here and I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I need help using UNLZ. If I have a PNG that I'd like to edit, how exactly would I change it? I know that I'm supposed to click "Write to ROM" and insert the image/palette offsets, but I have no idea how to find said offsets. I know you can use a HEX editor for that, but I currently am having no luck finding one.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    Hello, I'm new here and I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I need help using UNLZ. If I have a PNG that I'd like to edit, how exactly would I change it? I know that I'm supposed to click "Write to ROM" and insert the image/palette offsets, but I have no idea how to find said offsets. I know you can use a HEX editor for that, but I currently am having no luck finding one.

What you need to do is locate the image, then export it. Edit it and then import back into the ROM using unLZ-GBA.

Also when clicking on Write to ROM, the palettes should automatically appear, you don't need to overwrite the one it has there.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • What you need to do is locate the image, then export it. Edit it and then import back into the ROM using unLZ-GBA.

Also when clicking on Write to ROM, the palettes should automatically appear, you don't need to overwrite the one it has there.

How do I find the location of the image?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    How do I find the location of the image?

By either pressing the button Next or Previous, until the image you want is found.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    Ah. Well, after a good while I managed to locate the number I'm looking for in UNLZ. All I need to know now is how to export it.

You can export images using the Save As... button.

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • You can export images using the Save As... button.

Ahh, there we go. Thank you very much for your help Blazichu. This would have taken forever without you.

Sorry to bother, but I've got another question. After editing my picture, it shows up on the VBA with really screwed up colors. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • Last question of the night. I've recently downloaded PET from Whack a Hack. Unfortunately, the language is in Spanish, which I don't speak. Does anybody have an English Version or an ".ini" with English in it?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back