• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Jack of Bl♠des said:
    Ahh, there we go. Thank you very much for your help Blazichu. This would have taken forever without you.

Sorry to bother, but I've got another question. After editing my picture, it shows up on the VBA with really screwed up colors. Is there any way to fix this?

You would need to palette change your image into the colours you want.

pokemon time said:
    yes i did do that blazichu

You probably have to use alternative GBA emulator, such as the No$GBA.

Jack of Bl♠des said:
    Last question of the night. I've recently downloaded PET from Whack a Hack. Unfortunately, the language is in Spanish, which I don't speak. Does anybody have an English Version or an ".ini" with English in it?

It should come with EliteMap, try this: http://www.mediamax.com/blazichu/Hosted/elitemap36.zip

Years
  • Here it is itman1234. I hope you can fix it.

I havnt used Pokescript before, but i know the problem.
    You have put:
    $howareyou 1 = PLAYER!\nHow's your journey going?
    i believe it is:
    $howareyou = PLAYER!\nHow's your journey going?

No need for a 1 because the $howareyou is an offset.

EDIT: NO dont do what i said i am wrong, things are different for Pokescript. Sorry for the wrong information

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Here it is itman1234. I hope you can fix it.

there is nothing wrong with your script... however, if you want to have the player's name on the script, put this code instead of PLAYER...

Also, I noticed this...
    #org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $howareyou
    $howareyou 1 =(put one space here)Hey PLAYER!\nHow's your journey going?
    boxset 6
    release
    end

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • I've putted in \v\h01 and it says my name, but after that again those weird signs!!
    Well, i think is ok, only the space, it has to be this exactly:

Code:
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]#org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $howareyou
    $howareyou 1 = Hey [/COLOR][/FONT][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][/FONT][/B][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Green][COLOR=black]\v\h01[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]! \nHow's your journey going?
    boxset 6
    release
    end[/COLOR][/FONT]

Thats your script, the only difference is the space in the $howareyou 1 = TEXT

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Anyone know what flag is set right after you try to leave pallet town that enables the pokeballs. ie when you talk to the pokeballs it says "these are pokeballs" but after oak brings you to his lab it has "squirtle! The water pokemon" etc.

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
    Years
  • Well, I downloaded Elitemap, which has tons of different files, but I don't see PET in the folder. For all the tutorials and .exe's that I see, PET, or anything like it, isn't among them. At least not that I can see.

PET should be in there. You could try arranging the files by name and look at the P's.
    View -> Arrange Icons By -> Name

I have 3 questions,
    How do I edit trainers using Hex?( I understood about half of what Glitchfinder put in his guide :\ )

What is the file needed to run Tile Molester(I remember seeing the answer to this somewhere but I can't seem to find it again lol.)

What is the structure of the pokedex in hex
    (Something like this <Pokemon> <number> <picture> etc.)

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Umm if you get a rom then get the tools to edit why can't I edit the rom?

Jack of Bl♠des

Former goderator
    Years
  • PET should be in there. You could try arranging the files by name and look at the P's.
    View -> Arrange Icons By -> Name

Unless PET is PokePic (forgive me if it is), I don't see it. And just so I can clear this up properly, PET is used to store all of the trainer sprites and control what Pokemon they have, right?

EDIT: nevermind, I'm good now. I found them. But I've got one last question.

Can you replace a Pokemon Sprite with a Trainer Sprite?

Last edited:

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Unless PET is PokePic (forgive me if it is), I don't see it. And just so I can clear this up properly, PET is used to store all of the trainer sprites and control what Pokemon they have, right?

EDIT: nevermind, I'm good now. I found them. But I've got one last question.

Can you replace a Pokemon Sprite with a Trainer Sprite?

no, i don't think you can, unless you replace the sprite in UNLZ gba.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2014
    Crysmap

I've been looking for a map/wild pokemon editor for crystal. Anyone know where I can find crysmap, or do I need to use a Hex Editor?

Shiny Charizard

I need 15 post!!!!
    Years
  • Code:
    [FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]#org $begin
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $howareyou
    $howareyou 1 = Hey [/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Green][COLOR=black]\v\h01[/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=black]! \nHow's your journey going?
    boxset 6
    release
    end[/COLOR][/FONT]
    Thats your script, the only difference is the space in the $howareyou 1 = TEXT
    I've putted the space in too, again weird signs :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    hey how come when i open a Pokemon crystal Pokemon Trainer editor i go to open Game then go to the folder with Pokemon crystal in it and i don't see the game what's wrong? and i tried to put them in the same folder it still dosen't work

Years
  • I've putted the space in too, again weird signs :disappoin:disappoin:disappoin

The only solution i can think of here is that its a bad ROM, or something is wrong with the compiler.
    Maybe you should try redownloading your ROM(a clean one!) which i will not supply in link or file, or maybe try another program to compile your scripts with to see if it works such as Diamond cutter or ScriptEd, though if you use any of these two you will need to modify your script to suit the style of input.
    You could PM me if you want me to change it to the ScriptEd style so you can try it out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Gold Tom said:
    Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to change the connections in R/B/Y and if there was a way to add new Pokemon to them also.

GT

The connection data structure is:
    [Map Number][2 Byte Offset of Map][2 Byte Connection Point??][Map Height][Map Width][Map Y-Alignment??][Map X-Alignment??][2 Byte Connection Point??][2 byte Object Pointer][Map Border Tile]

The pointers to the pointers for where the Wild Pokemon are, is at CEB9-CEBA. The pointers to the Wild Pokemon is at CEEB-D0DF. The Wild Pokemon data should be at D0DF-D5C1.

Dragoon said:
    hey how come when i open a Pokemon crystal Pokemon Trainer editor i go to open Game then go to the folder with Pokemon crystal in it and i don't see the game what's wrong? and i tried to put them in the same folder it still dosen't work

You are better off using hex, you search for the Trainer's name (Text) then after that is the their Pokemon data.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back