• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
  • Nevermind that, but if you followed that attack "adding" tutorial you'll be messing up some Pokemon's stats (like Bulbasaur at least), because where the attacks stats end, the Pokemon's stats start (0x383DE).

Oh I am sorry for that, I didn't realise that the tutorial was wrong, as it wasn't my tutorial, as it is just aload of lost documents put together ina huge document.

Im revising it soon, so I shall go through and remove the offending tutorials and write my own.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • Nevermind that, but if you followed that attack "adding" tutorial you'll be messing up some Pokemon's stats (like Bulbasaur at least), because where the attacks stats end, the Pokemon's stats start (0x383DE).

Damn! I had a couple of new maps in as well! Is there any way for me to add new attacks without ruining Bulbasaur?

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    Oh I am sorry for that, I didn't realise that the tutorial was wrong, as it wasn't my tutorial, as it is just aload of lost documents put together ina huge document.

Im revising it soon, so I shall go through and remove the offending tutorials and write my own.

Nice!

@Gold Tom: I don't know how, I havn't tried it, it might involve repointing some stuff to a different bank maybe, I'm not quite sure

Chosen_of_Manaphy

Arceus Damn It!!
    Years
  • Oh god must I search through 210 pages of questions?!
    I'll just ask here; please note that I do not know hex.
    How do I edit the title screen in FR(Where charizard is with the fire in the background)

How do I edit Pokemon info? As in edit sprites, moves and link evolutions.

How do I connect two rooms in advance map 1.92?

Thanks greatly!

Years
  • Hey, on the program XSE i do normal scripts like give pokemon and stuff and when i click compile it says things like this:
    Untitled.jpg
    Does anyone know what might be wrong? What does it mean "Missing #define or parameter." mean?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • How do I edit the title screen in FR(Where charizard is with the fire in the background)
    I'm not sure about this one. I've seen a few tutorials about it so just look around and you should find the answer.

Moves:
    i can't post URLs yet but you should google "birmin studios", go to the first site, click on hack tools and download a-tack
    Evolutions:
    do a search for Evolution Editor Pro by Darthatron. It's a handy tool for editing all evolutions
    Sprites:
    Again, I'm not really into the art editting so just look around for a good graphics tutorial.

This depends on what you mean:
    1) You want to make a door between two rooms
    2) You want to merge two rooms into one
    For the second method, you would need to adjust the size of one of the rooms to accommodate for the second room and recreate the second room as part of it.
    For the first method, you would have to add a door to each room and then edit the connections in Advance Map so that the doors worked.

Years
  • Oh god must I search through 210 pages of questions?!
    I'll just ask here; please note that I do not know hex.
    How do I edit the title screen in FR(Where charizard is with the fire in the background)

Thanks greatly!

Search on youtube for the titlescreen editing. There's a tutorial by D-Trogh(not sure of youtube username) on youtube.
    And there's quite a few little video warping tutorials on youtube. But that's something I think is better learnt through trial and error.

And to edit Pokemon, Unlz, and Yape or PEP.

Hey, on the program XSE i do normal scripts like give pokemon and stuff and when i click compile it says things like this:
    Untitled.jpg
    Does anyone know what might be wrong? What does it mean "Missing #define or parameter." mean?

XSE uses a layout different to Pokescript. This is your Problem.
    Pokescript uses
    Code:
    #org [u]$[/u]code
    XSE uses
    Code:
    #org [u]@[/u]code

Is there any tool that can edit the wild pokemon in R/B/Y?

Both Pokemap and Redmap have an inbuilt wild battle editors.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
    Years
  • Hello again. I am trying to edit MissingNo, and I don't know where to start looking for it's stats in a Hex Editor. Does anyone know where MissingNo's stats are?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Does anyone know what the script is to give the player running shoes? I checked some item lists and found nothing which leads me to believe that it is similar to giving the pokédex (ie, using a setflag). Anyways, if anyone could tell me how to give the running shoes, that would be great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back