• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I've been trying to sort this problem out for about 3 hours straight and I'm well really fed up :(
I've been trying to insert some D/P Pokemon into my FR rom but fgor some reason even though they're indexed and 64x64 it says 'Too big to be compressed' when I try to write them to the rom. I've tried to resize but that just messes it up even more :/

I only want Buizel/Floatzel, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray and the two new Eevee evoloutions.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I've been trying to sort this problem out for about 3 hours straight and I'm well really fed up :(
I've been trying to insert some D/P Pokemon into my FR rom but fgor some reason even though they're indexed and 64x64 it says 'Too big to be compressed' when I try to write them to the rom. I've tried to resize but that just messes it up even more :/

I only want Buizel/Floatzel, Shinx/Luxio/Luxray and the two new Eevee evoloutions.

Look into your hex editor or you could use Free Space Finder. Find lots of free space (FF) And put the offset where you find free space into the picture offset in unLZ. Or you could just use Free Space Finder (comes with A-Map) That should hopefully work.

Shadow-X

That Guy
Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2009
Hey, does any one know how to add a flying position to a map?
Thanks in advance. :)

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2008
Connection manager

i'm kinda dumb on the connection of maps i dont really know how to use offsets to connect two maps can any one help me out there?

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
[Dialog no.][Give Pokémon][Trade Pokémon][0x0A for PKMNNAME][2xDV][Item][2xID][0x0A for TRAINERNAME][Gender][00]

01 = Male
02 = Female

You just need to change the byte before the 00 to the gender of your choice. But that will change the gender they give you not the gender you give them. Also there is no Pokemon gender check code. The other option to do would be raise the gender amount of the certain Pokemon so you find more of that gender for that Pokemon.

YES! It worked... but now i get a "?" instead of the female symbol

Last edited:
Years
Hey guys, I'm trying to insert a Sprite for the Prof in the intro, but its all messed up.
I already change the colors to match Prof Oaks Pallette, this is how it looks.
Newpallette.png

Now, this is what happens when its ingame.
untitled-2.jpg

can someone Help?

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
You should first export the oak sprite and paste the new picture on top and make sure oaks pallette is switched to before inserting the sprite and writing to rom. The Unlz is supposed to show what the sprite looks like before you write to rom anyhow so... Put the oak sprite back inside the game and try it over instead of trying to overwrite this sprite. My title screen was ruined because of that. (.gif work as good as .png) http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg131/KanouKonoKaya/OAK.gif

By the way, I'm a little good at this so I know. That sprite is a little too scratchy on the left side on the top and middle near the legs. You can see the prob. I suggest using lorelie or the teacher from firered when making a professor like this or even claire.

Last edited:

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
In that case use APE to fix the pallette. That happened when I replaced my ho-oh with a revamp. They have a title screen tutorial somewhere on the site that shows hot to use ape when that happens to the sprite. I used it and it worked out fine.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Gramisaur said:

Make sure you are saving it correctly by not having "Auto abort if new data is bigger" ticked.

Shadow-X said:
Hey, does any one know how to add a flying position to a map?
Thanks in advance. :)

You need to add them in using hex, they should be near the events for the certain map.

J3ST3R said:
i'm kinda dumb on the connection of maps i dont really know how to use offsets to connect two maps can any one help me out there?

You don't use offsets to connect maps, you use the Map Bank and the Map Number of the map you want to connect to.

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2008
I've been trying to change the gym leader and elite four sprites in ruby using unlz.gba for a while now. Whenever I start at Roxanne and end at Drake, after I import and write the new sprite for Drake, for every gym leader and elite four up to Glacia, the first two palettes turn into a completely black box. When I replace the sprites in the correct palette slots, the Drake sprite becomes ripped apart and scrambled. Why does it do this? Is it because of it's size or something?

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
Years
Could it be a patching problem? Anyways last time when I tried saving in Hackmews OW editor RB edition it couldn't save. Any solutions?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Could it be a patching problem? Anyways last time when I tried saving in Hackmews OW editor RB edition it couldn't save. Any solutions?

Use Xeon's Overoworld editor...
Else there's no other solution....

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2008
I've been trying to change the gym leader and elite four sprites in ruby using unlz.gba for a while now. Whenever I start at Roxanne and end at Drake, after I import and write the new sprite for Drake, for every gym leader and elite four up to Glacia, the first two palettes turn into a completely black box. When I replace the sprites in the correct palette slots, the Drake sprite becomes ripped apart and scrambled. Why does it do this? Is it because of it's size or something?

Quoting just because I was at the bottom of the last page.

Melash

Back for now.
Years
I don't mean to spam, but no one answered any of my questions. Here the are again:
1. Okay, does anybody have a download link to the program, "Diamond Cutter?"
2. Download link for PokeScript?
3. I've used a lot of hex programs for GSC, but can someone give me the link to the best one?
4. How do I change what tileset I'm using in EliteMap?

Sorry if these have already been answered...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back