• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
Yes, you can freely change them.
On AM, open a map with a flying position and go to the Events tab.
On the combobox at the top there, choose "Flygthing Position".
Flying positions are marked with a red "F".
Wait... I got it now.
Yay ^_^

Last edited:

DE5PA1R

Intermediate Developer
Years
I've made a map in Advance Map that I want to only show up in the game after a specific event, and after that event I want to make it replace another map permanently. Is that possible with Advance Map or any other program without hex editing? Is it even possible with hex editing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I've made a map in Advance Map that I want to only show up in the game after a specific event, and after that event I want to make it replace another map permanently. Is that possible with Advance Map or any other program without hex editing? Is it even possible with hex editing? Any help is greatly appreciated.
The easiest way would be to create a script (just under the entrance to the map you created) that checks if the event is done. If it is then it'll move the player inside but it'll warp to your new map.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
Alright I just looked through every single map bank of FR and could not find one bridge like tile. There are only things that can go over something, but not under it. Does anybody know how to make a bridge in FR that you can walk over AND under, without the player walking on top of the bridge tile when he's going under?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
The easiest way would be to create a script (just under the entrance to the map you created) that checks if the event is done. If it is then it'll move the player inside but it'll warp to your new map.

In my opinion, a level script would fit perfectly in this case. BTW, the Mirage Island works with a level script as well.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
Does anybody know where I can find a good scripting tutorial for XSE?
I can do basic speech scripts, but stuff like making you walk so many spaces one way, or someone giving you an item, or Pokemon.
Of someone can direct me to some kinda tutorial forum, or even explain it to me, that'd be awesome =D

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Does anybody know where I can find a good scripting tutorial for XSE?
I can do basic speech scripts, but stuff like making you walk so many spaces one way, or someone giving you an item, or Pokemon.
Of someone can direct me to some kinda tutorial forum, or even explain it to me, that'd be awesome =D

I would suggest you to decompile in-game scripts to see how they work and then trying to making your own. Don't worry about trying yourself first.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
I would suggest you to decompile in-game scripts to see how they work and then trying to making your own. Don't worry about trying yourself first.
Code:
#Dynamic 0x71AA88
#ORG @Start
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
applymovement 0x4 0x81A75E7
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= Wait, aren't you \v\h01?\nSomeone is looking for you at the\nPoke'Mart. Go find out who.

'-----------
' Movements
'-----------
#raw 2F 'Down1
#raw FE 'Exit

That was my attempt -___- [I know... I'm terrible at this]

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
When I enter the second town from the first route, the game freezes and the ROM resets. It doesn't automatically do it though. It's when I hit a column of tiles about six blocks in. Any ideas why it does that?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
When I enter the second town from the first route, the game freezes and the ROM resets. It doesn't automatically do it though. It's when I hit a column of tiles about six blocks in. Any ideas why it does that?
You are probably using a bad ROM. If ANYTHING unusual happens to a ROM, then it is most likely corrupted.

Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2009
Saves

So I've been searching and searching the forum and google for an answer to my question:

How do you hack Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen save games? I'd prefer a link to a tool that does it if one exists, but I have HexWorkshop for another game that I edit, so I'm not afraid of fiddling with it if I must.

Basically I want to add items and pokemon to my save, and possibly unlock the international dex as well. And if it's possible I'd also like to make it so that all the gym leaders and the elite four are defeated and everywhere is unlocked.

Any help/tutorials that I missed?

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
So I've been searching and searching the forum and google for an answer to my question:

How do you hack Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen save games? I'd prefer a link to a tool that does it if one exists, but I have HexWorkshop for another game that I edit, so I'm not afraid of fiddling with it if I must.

Basically I want to add items and pokemon to my save, and possibly unlock the international dex as well. And if it's possible I'd also like to make it so that all the gym leaders and the elite four are defeated and everywhere is unlocked.

Any help/tutorials that I missed?
VBA's have a built in Gameshark and ActionReplay. You could always look up the all the corresponding codes for the stuff you want, and after it's in there, re-save the file. It should all still be there after. It should be similar to using a GS or AR for a regular GBA.

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Not a problem ^__^
Of course now I have a problem... again.
I know you can change the appearance of the World Map.
I just spent 2 hours making a new one... then completely forgot how to D=
Anybody know?

I never tried that, but try a tool called Cyclone. I am not sure though. Also, I may be wrong, but I think you can edit in through Advance map.

Dark_Master

Dark/Ghost Pokemon Master
Years
I try to run sappy. I get this:
gah1.png

Then this:
gah2.png

Anyone have a solution to this problem?

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2009
You'd have to be crazy to search through 200+ posts. Anyways I doubt my question was answered due to the fact that almost everyone here is a Nintendo nut of some kind.

I'm wanting to know how to correctly patch Sega Genesis/Megadrive roms. Everytime I create a patch for my hack and apply it, it refuses to work. What am I doing wrong?

If anyone can give me a lesson on what I'm supposed to do please let me know immediately.

Btw I'm using StealthPatch for it and the game I'm trying to patch is Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles.

VanillaThunderbolt

Generic User Title
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
I never tried that, but try a tool called Cyclone. I am not sure though. Also, I may be wrong, but I think you can edit in through Advance map.
I couldn't find anything about a tool called cyclone, but I'll keep looking.
I think, if I even have the right version of it, Advance Map is able to do it, but it's done in the program, not by just importing a new picture of the map. [Which would be awesome if you could...]

I'll keep trying though =D

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Ok, Here is Sappy...
http://helmetedrodent.kickassgamers.com/index.php?module=getfile&id=222

And instead of Cyclone, you can use NTME (Nameless Tile Map editor)
Found here...
http://www.filefactory.com/file/bb890d/n/NTME_rar
If you prefer Megaupload...
http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=OZQ9O5J6
(Both of these links are official and are included in the tool's creators thread...)

(BE advised, that Cyclone can only insert maps into Ruby/Saphire/ Emeralt, via unLZgba (I think you can do it with FR/LG as well, but I dont know how(Yes I tried M_X's tutorial... I got lost)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back