• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pogeygothaxed

Pokémon exDeltaSpecies Creator
Years
  • It's the other way around.
    I just checked it and it's 64x32 ;)

Alright, I'll try that then. x.x Thanks. :)

Edit: No...that didn't fix it, either. I ended up shifting it up and to the left by 1 and it seemed to be a better fit, but, now there's a new problem. The blank space under it, from when I re-sized it, is now the transparent color. So, it's completely white, or, black, whatever the transparent color would be. So, it shows that before the platforms, etc. I know it scrolls, so I think I have to set some tiles under the current one to act as the background while it scrolls, right?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    How do you edit the trainer sprite in Pokemon Gold? (Not the overworld one, the one that like shows up when Oak asks for your name)

Ps:hi

mr.MEGA HACK
    Years
  • Could someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!
    whenever I use XSE (ver. 9.something) if I type in ANY script, at all,
    A message box comes up saying:

Spoiler:

and then the WHOLE program closses! PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!

Years
  • Heeey Guyz and Girls :)

I have been in this forum for some time now and its really Awesome :) I have found many tutorials and all to help me with my ROM Hack.

But I am not really good yet just a rookie at rom hacking but my Question is how to fix this problem of mine :)

I am trying to change the overworld sprite in FR to a Ash ketchum Sprite .

I got the sprite saved in 16bits color bmp and all and it looks good. I have used both Photoshop CS3 and Paint but same result

I import it into Overworld Editor and the colors just becomes weird like his face is gray and such.

I am wondering how i could get the sprite to work in the Overworld Editor. I have tried changing Palettes but its impossiable to get him the way like the sprite is orginally.

I will provide you guyz with printscreens so you better can understand my problem.

This is the sprite i try to use : http ://img 517.image shack.us/i/ashketchum.png/ <--- Note that Imageshack made the picture into a png so its not that i dont use BMP

This in the Overworld Editor : http ://img121 .image shack.us/i/18907892.png/ <--- I know this version is a bit old maybe but it becomes like this in any version i have tried out and i have tryed every single palette but still the same result :/

So i am wondering what i am doing wrong and if you could help me out with this Problem ? :)

And Also I have Another Question While We are Talking about Sprites. When you start an battle when the characther throws the ball which program do you use to change it ? :)

Is it UnLZ-GBA or which program is it and if its UNLZ-GBA Which does i take GOTO inside the rom?:)

If you guyz could help me out i would be very happy to upload my hack when its finished and put you in the Credits for Helping Me Out! :)

Take Care and Pokemon Forever!

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Okay... I started with a fresh Fire Red ROM. I opened APSE, went to Caterpie's entry and modified the 3r'd and 4'th greens, the three reds and the brown that normally oulined yellow, and imported my turtwig sprite and the shiny version of it, but only the frontsprite, not the backsprite. Then I went into the free space finder, copied and pasted the very first offset that came up. After this, opened up starter, opened up the ROM, and replaced Bulbasaur with Caterpie. Finally, I open up VBA, opened up the ROM I modified, chose Caterpie, everything was going smoothly until I hit the start button. The entire screen turned dark purple and it just... froze. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Does anyone know how to hack the sprites? (EX:Snow-Covered Scenery;High-Quality Scenery;3-D D/P/Pt Poke Centers/Marts;Different Scenery)

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Does anyone know how to hack the sprites? (EX:Snow-Covered Scenery;High-Quality Scenery;3-D D/P/Pt Poke Centers/Marts;Different Scenery)
    first off there tiles, next, you should search next time, their are a ton of tut's for that. =[

Ps:hi

mr.MEGA HACK
    Years
  • Does anyone know how to hack the sprites? (EX:Snow-Covered Scenery;High-Quality Scenery;3-D D/P/Pt Poke Centers/Marts;Different Scenery)
    You have to open unz-GBA , then load your rom, then keep clicking next to get different sprites :) If the image looks like you know it, but distorted, just click
    + or - a couple times to get the image right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    How do I make an item disappear from the map after the Player has found it?
    (Using PKSV, btw)

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010

You put a number on the person id like 1000
    then you go
    Hidesprite 0xperson event number
    setflag 0x1000

Worked with ease. Thanks :D

EDIT: As soon as I came out of Professor Oaks Lab, the Item appeared again..
    Any help?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    It cleared itself up somehow anyway :).

I have 3 more (Again, in PKSV, if that's any help:))

1. How do I give a badge to the Player.

2. How do I create a 2 vs 2 Pokemon Trainer Battle?

3. How do I choose the pokemon that the opponents have?

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • It cleared itself up somehow anyway :).

I have 2 more (Again, in PKSV, if that's any help:)

You need to set a flag, depending on which badge and game:
    Spoiler:

I actually have no idea on the second question, I've not ever needed to make a 2 on 2 battle. :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    Working on a Leaf Green hack and it's coming along nicely, but I've hit a snag.

Basically, what I need to know is, would it be possible to edit the Trainer Tower rewards? If so, where is the reward item data located, and how would I go about changing it to the item(s) that I want? Thanks in advance. :nervous:

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • It cleared itself up somehow anyway :).

I have 3 more (Again, in PKSV, if that's any help:))

3. How do I choose the pokemon that the opponents have?
    1. Look at Darthatron's reply.

2. Just a normal trainerbattle script. Be sure to tick 'Double Battle' in A-Trainer. Also, don't forget to put a line in your dubke battle script that will check if you have at least 2 Pokemon.

3. Use A-Trainer.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • Just a question.
    Is a setvar that is set will always be set in-game so that i can use it whenever / whereever i like?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back