• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
You don't need A-Text actually. Just any hex editor which support custom char tables, like Translhextion or Hex Workshop, for example.

The reason I am asking is because I wanted to use A-Text to make changes and then compare what that did to the hex in hex workshop XD Otherwise I won't know where to start or what change does what exactly. ><

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
I don't know who lied to you, but it's not a freeware, it's a trialware.

First question: yes, it is. I did it for Oro Sole and let Manipulation use the same for Sienna. Anyway, remember you can't just skip the rival naming because if you do, the game will crash upon loading the start map because the rival name is all zero-filled. While skipping the part, a default name needs to be set.

Second question: there might not be a separate order table for the Kanto dex, but I'm not 100% sure. I'll let you know.

Yes, but it might take a long time and patience. And requires hex editing skills.

You don't need A-Text actually. Just any hex editor which support custom char tables, like Translhextion or Hex Workshop, for example.

How long, What program? I have to know..

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
i have a REALY easy question

how can i play the hacks im using the " visual boy Advance " and it just wont work

PLEASE i need help
Its a patch, it needs to be patched to a correct ROM.
You sir, depress me.

Anyways, my question is: Is there someway to 'unset' a flag in a script?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years

Its a patch, it needs to be patched to a correct ROM.
You sir, depress me.

Anyways, my question is: Is there someway to 'unset' a flag in a script?

Clearflag 0xY Y=Your flag number

The name does what is says. Just use setflag 0xY to set it again.

You're welcome good sir. :P

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
The reason I am asking is because I wanted to use A-Text to make changes and then compare what that did to the hex in hex workshop XD Otherwise I won't know where to start or what change does what exactly. ><
'
Found A-Text in WAH.
Here's the link.

Just scroll down to where it says Advance Text 3.1.1
Clearflag 0xY Y=Your flag number

The name does what is says. Just use setflag 0xY to set it again.

You're welcome good sir. :P
Thanks, good sir. :P

Years
First question: yes, it is. I did it for Oro Sole and let Manipulation use the same for Sienna. Anyway, remember you can't just skip the rival naming because if you do, the game will crash upon loading the start map because the rival name is all zero-filled. While skipping the part, a default name needs to be set.

So how would you go about setting it so that the player cannot set a name for the rival? Or is it impossible, from what you are saying. (I wasn't going to use the "[rival]" command anyways if that matters.)

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
Years
Is there a thread or place where i can find a snowy-like tileset for firered? i know theres already one implanted in the game (0:38) but im looking for 1 with more tiles in it (trees,buildings,grass (including wild pokemon grass).

If not then ill just make some myself (but im having a hard time doing so T-T)

Years
Is there a thread or place where i can find a snowy-like tileset for firered? i know theres already one implanted in the game (0:38) but im looking for 1 with more tiles in it (trees,buildings,grass (including wild pokemon grass).

If not then ill just make some myself (but im having a hard time doing so T-T)

Here you go.

Xnenai

Developing Polyglot
Years
thanks for theee... ips patch, except i dunno how to patch a rom with it. last time i tryed i ruined my hole hack lol. course i was pressing buttons randomly.

nvm i think i figed it out, i pressed one button this time instead of 9.

but when i open up the rom in a-map 31 of the 34 map banks are gone, good thing is i only applyed this to a dud, but since all the banks are gone, does that give me extra space?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Creating more maps is incredibly easy, when you insert one you can actually create a new bank, so no need to worry about map space.

uber_pineapple

Just Smile.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2011
I'm having a problem with the program PET that's beyond annoying...

I have two trainers in 001 and 002. They both have Two pokemon. The first trainer has a poliwag and a squirtle, the second a caterpie and a ledyba...

The problem? They don't.

The second trainer's caterpie is a identical to the first trainers second pokemon. So I changed it. Then the firs trainers second pokemon is identical to the second trainers pokemon - as if they are connected and must be identical.

It's not just those two trainers - it's all of them.

All my trainers first pokemon is the same as the previous trainers second!!

Anyone know what I can do or why it's happening or have any experience with it?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
So how would you go about setting it so that the player cannot set a name for the rival? Or is it impossible, from what you are saying. (I wasn't going to use the "[rival]" command anyways if that matters.)

No, I'm was just saying that if you were to simply skip the rival part, the game would freeze afterwards. Either way, ASM is required.

I'm having a problem with the program PET that's beyond annoying...

I have two trainers in 001 and 002. They both have Two pokemon. The first trainer has a poliwag and a squirtle, the second a caterpie and a ledyba...

The problem? They don't.

The second trainer's caterpie is a identical to the first trainers second pokemon. So I changed it. Then the firs trainers second pokemon is identical to the second trainers pokemon - as if they are connected and must be identical.

It's not just those two trainers - it's all of them.

All my trainers first pokemon is the same as the previous trainers second!!

Anyone know what I can do or why it's happening or have any experience with it?

Yes, you could get the latest A-Trainer beta from my Tools Factory (see the Toolbox).

Years
thanks for theee... ips patch, except i dunno how to patch a rom with it. last time i tryed i ruined my hole hack lol. course i was pressing buttons randomly.

nvm i think i figed it out, i pressed one button this time instead of 9.

but when i open up the rom in a-map 31 of the 34 map banks are gone, good thing is i only applyed this to a dud, but since all the banks are gone, does that give me extra space?

You need to patch it to a CLEAN fire red (BPRE) rom using Lunar IPS Patching.

LUGIASAN

Lugia Keeper
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 8, 2010
8bpp Sprites

Help! I keep getting a message on PokeDSPicPlatinum that my pngs need to be 8bpp indexed or something like that. I've searched everywhere for help. Please, I hope someone will answer my question

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
Changing Your Starter

How do u change your starters? I'm new to hacking and i just want to change the starters and leave the rest of the game regular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back