• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
How do u change your starters? I'm new to hacking and i just want to change the starters and leave the rest of the game regular.

You learn to script a "give pokemon event". You can learn that at this thread:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Best part of it all is that you can do it without needing to change the rest of the game! Oh joy!

Alternatively you can slap yourself in a corner and download the incredibly n00by Astarter...

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
I need help with connections on A-Map. Okay, so I made a connection between a town and a route. When I made it, it was fine. Until I tested it in VBA. There was random tiles everywhere, scattered all over the place:

pokemonfirered201003262.png

I checked the connections, down was on the route, and up was on the town. The map banks were correct. ANY HELP!?!??!

(I'm pretty sure the mapping of the maps have nothing to do with it because I checked my maps. :P)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I need help with connections on A-Map. Okay, so I made a connection between a town and a route. When I made it, it was fine. Until I tested it in VBA. There was random tiles everywhere, scattered all over the place:

pokemonfirered201003262.png

I checked the connections, down was on the route, and up was on the town. The map banks were correct. ANY HELP!?!??!

(I'm pretty sure the mapping of the maps have nothing to do with it because I checked my maps. :P)

Did you insert those tiles? or were they from a Rom base?

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Tiles get screwed up when tilesets conflict, that might be the problem. Try either putting one of those gatehouse things between the maps so you have to enter/exit a building and force the maps to reload, or change things around and use the same tilesets on both maps, or just make sure that where it connects you can't see any tiles of the other map that aren't in the current map's tileset. Like, make sure a house not in the route's tileset isn't visible while on the route.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2020
Hey, I'm just wondering if there is a Palette editor for G/S/C? It's just I'm having a bit of trouble finding one. If there is one what is it called, or can you possibly post a link?

Thanks!

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
Years
Hey, I'm just wondering if there is a Palette editor for G/S/C? It's just I'm having a bit of trouble finding one. If there is one what is it called, or can you possibly post a link?

Thanks!

If you can find the offset of the palette, it's incredibly easy to edit palettes in hex. There's a good chance there are different rules for usable colors in GBC games, though.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2020
If you can find the offset of the palette, it's incredibly easy to edit palettes in hex. There's a good chance there are different rules for usable colors in GBC games, though.

Well do you know if there is any documentation on Gold's Palette offsets in that case and maybe a chart to which colours the GBC can use? I'm unfamiliar with the GBC hardware but I'm quite experienced in hex by doing other projects than Pokémon Hacking (I've just started today)

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

Yes... (On crappy messed up blocks)

Thats the problem, and let me guess the tilesets of the two map connections are different? Well apparently you can't have a circular reference like that. I had that and had to restart my hack, kind facepalms go out to: Whibii n myself :3

Gemini Pika

Sprite Master
Years
I downloaded a ROM base, but when I imported it to an english version of FireRed, everything is fine, but pathway edges are the original color, not the new color. How can I change it to match the ROM base's color?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I downloaded a ROM base, but when I imported it to an english version of FireRed, everything is fine, but pathway edges are the original color, not the new color. How can I change it to match the ROM base's color?
Open up A-Map, go to Palette editor, choose tileset 1, look at the colour you want to copy, memorize it, go to tileset 2 and adjust the green color there to match the one you memorized it.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
It would be easier to write it down for me, but just a suggestion :P
Simpler version :D

Open your rom in A-Map Click on the purple block thingy Click on
The palletes click on edit palletes or something and you'll find the palletes there
Click select color and Go over to the ground color and mezmorize the RGB
and copy that into the Other tileset palletes

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
It would be easier to write it down for me, but just a suggestion :P

Visual version...

Spoiler:

After opening your ROM with Advance Map...
1. Click that purple block button...
2. Search for the pallete that you want to change...
3. Click 'Palletes' and click the 'Show pallete editor'...
4. Click on those colors and you can see their pallete values which you can change/memorize...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Ok I have a few questions that are really bugging me at the moment :\.

1. How do you properly load a pre-made map onto a ROM using a-map? I do the whole open map... and then save but it never stays there. I'm sure I've done it right before but I just can't remember how <<

2. My warps are being a pain at the moment, well one of them at least. The Warp number, and map details are all correct but the warp goes:

Step on tile -> door animation -> Silph Co. image (that's the map INI :P) -> black screen of nothing.

Any suggestions? I've seen it mentioned before but no real solution has come about :\ The 'Go To' button takes me to the right map and the right warp which makes this even more annoying XD I tried directing the warp to the same area but the 3rd floor map and the same happened. Does it mean that the 8 Silph Co maps are all going to be out of bounds?

(Yes the tile animations are right btw, ^^)

(Only one other building has been tested and it works fine, stairs and door)

--------------------------

I reinserted the maps over themselves and now they work o.o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2013
I've tried searching a bit, but I'm not even sure what you would call this.

I was wondering if it's possible to replace multiple sprites at once, like taking Emerald's pokemon sprite set, and putting them into one of the other GBA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back