• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2010
I need help, I want a unique pokemon in my game. The catch is, I want it only available by trade. I tried replacing a Sentret with a unique Pikachu, I've tried replacing a ?????? pokemon also. I would replace Pikachu in general, but I want to have a normal Pikachu in the game also. When I replaced Sentret my game froze up when I was suppose to recieve it and when I replaced the ?????? I just recieve a Missingno. I have no idea what to do, please help me. Oh, also, I use both Poke Edit Pro and Pokemon Amp to try replacing/adding my Pikachu.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
First of all, use the Script Help thread. Secondly, you'll probably get more help if you use XSE, which is by far the better scripting tool.

Oh sorry about the category. I tried your advice with XSE and it worked! Thanks.

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2011
Quickie... Can I add Pokemon to a RBGY rom? (For example, Chikorita as #152.) If so, then how? A tool would be appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Has anyone found where the tables for the battle frontier in Emerald are? I'm fairly sure it pulls pretty much all the pokemon used in it from a local table that contains the species and it's associated move pool for that instance. I'm not looking to change the battles, the rules, or anything like that...just the pokemon the trainers inside uses. Reasons for this would include things like a reordering of a 'dex. (grass types using fire moves?) I'm not entirely sure if there's any data in the tables it pulls from apart from it's species number and the movepool for that instance. Any help in editing this table would be very much appreciated. Hell, just an offset for it might do enough. Thanks.

Bumping a week old question. The hack I'm working on has a reordered dex with different pokemon and it would be really nice to have the battle frontier work with this new dex without giving random species movepools that don't belong.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Bumping a week old question. The hack I'm working on has a reordered dex with different pokemon and it would be really nice to have the battle frontier work with this new dex without giving random species movepools that don't belong.

Uhm, I'm pretty sure reordering the 'dex isn't going to change what Pokemon are what. =|

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Uhm, I'm pretty sure reordering the 'dex isn't going to change what Pokemon are what. =|

The Battle Frontier looks up the species according to their dex number though. If you were to say, replace Lombre with Cyndaquil, then in the Battle Frontier, you would be able to find a random Cyndaquil with moves like Mega Drain and Water Gun. Even if you replaced Lombre's movepool in the game, the Battle Frontier wouldn't recognize this change because it uses it's own special custom movepool for every pokemon you see used within it, sorta like how Gym Leaders and other important trainers have custom movesets for their pokemon.

My question is basically asking how to edit those movepools used in the battle frontier, so I can avoid awkward moments like that. Where they are in the ROM, what kind of format they use, etc. Though just an offset alone might help; I'm hoping I can figure out the rest on my own.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Hi, i just wana ask if u can give me the Exact Hex Addresses of the Starter Pokemons on the Leaf Green Rom? I wanted to change it by Hex Editting. Please? Thanks.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2013
Re

Use the starter editor, it's simpler that way...unless you script it...

i cant. i dont have a PC. im only using my N70 with a HEX EDITTOR. so just need the exact hex addresses. I really hope some would be kind to provite it. T.T

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
i dont wanna sound stupid, but ive finished hacking r/s/e and want to do g/s/c. what map editing program do i use?

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
i tried, i got it open, tried to open my crystal ROM but it was blank. For about five minutes. Nothing came up.

Scytha

mass effect freak
Years
ur joking. im an idiot. it only works 4 s/g right?

And what about Red & Blue? Any 4 them?

Last edited:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Is this meant to happen? o_O What did I do!?

pokemonfirered02.png

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 16, 2010
Ninja Caterpie. I might be wrong on this, but I just had that problem while I was scripting. It happened when I added a special that should have been a flag. When I removed the special and added the right flag it didn't happen anymore.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
This sorta frustrating because I know I've done it before, but the data is lost. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong in this Pokescript to pick up an item off the ground? I've looked online but I just see how to get another person to give you an item. Thanks
Spoiler:
Your problem is that $pokeball has to be it's own #org. Like this

Spoiler:

Also, I reccoment switching to XSE. More people prefer that, and it's easier to use.

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Can I have some help??
I made an item called an 'Origin Statue' out of one of the countless ???????? items on the list and turned it into an evolution item. I made sure every stat available through Item Editor and Item Manager was the same as a Leaf Stone(except index and price, and that it was a Key Item) then made one of the ? Pokemon (edited into Altered Forme Giratina) use it to evolve into Poochyena(edited into Origin Forme Giratina) through EvolutionEd. I made a description for it with Advance Text. However, in game when I take the item then go to my Key Items pocket, the game freezes. I tried changing it to an Item and changing the description but it still just crashes.

What have I done wrong?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Is this meant to happen? o_O What did I do!?

pokemonfirered02.png

Ah, I've had that. I believe it's to do with you repointing into some space which looked like FF but was actually part of an image (Like NarutoActor said.)

I think that the best way to fix this is to work from a backup and make sure the offsets you're using start after 0x720000. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back