• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    this is my first time using xse so can you tell me why this script isnt working...
    #dynamic 0x71A334

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    message @order
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org @order
    = Buy Chimecho's!
    givepokemon 0x441 0x5 0x13 0x0 0x0 0x0
    paymoney 0x1000 0x0
    All i want is to be able to buy pokemon... i dont need another script when the pokemon has been given

First of all, you should post this question here. There is a high chance that you will have your scripting problem solved. But not here.

@Nightengale: That's done via hex workshoop (I think).

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    when i tried to use the connection manager to add a new left exit to pallet town, it doesn't work (yes, the route is also connected to pallet town) but even worse, it's messed up the upper exit. now I cant leave pallet town via the north, even though they are connected both ways. why is this happening?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    when i tried to use the connection manager to add a new left exit to pallet town, it doesn't work (yes, the route is also connected to pallet town) but even worse, it's messed up the upper exit. now I cant leave pallet town via the north, even though they are connected both ways. why is this happening?

Did you remove the trees and allow movement permissions for the path going to the left?
    I don't know why that seemed to have messed up the upper connection. A screenshot would clarify things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I somehow managed to fix the problem myself while making the screenshots, but I seem to have come across another problem. when I leave through the new, left exit, pallet town becomes glitched, as seen in the screenshot below

HELP!

tinix

PearlShipper & C Programmer
    Years
  • I somehow managed to fix the problem myself while making the screenshots, but I seem to have come across another problem. when I leave through the new, left exit, pallet town becomes glitched, as seen in the screenshot below

HELP!

That is because the route is using different tileset than pallet town

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    ty, how do I change the tileset?
    edit: found it dont worry

edit2: i keep getting an error called I/O error 131, what does it mean, how do I prevent it?

Last edited:

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • I'm running out of space in whihc I can put new tiles in A-Map. I mean, I only have some free space in the tileset 2, but it also is running out quickly as I put bigger tiles such as houses or trees. Is there any way I could create more free space so I could insert new tiles? Or will I just have to replace them?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I'm running out of space in whihc I can put new tiles in A-Map. I mean, I only have some free space in the tileset 2, but it also is running out quickly as I put bigger tiles such as houses or trees. Is there any way I could create more free space so I could insert new tiles? Or will I just have to replace them?

Replace it. You cannot extend the tilesets unless... Well, any advanced hacking into the ROM knowledge could, but it hasn't been tried or even worth trying.

EDIT: What do you mean by tiles? People always say tiles for 2 different things. In Block Editor, do you mean the Middle Box has hardly any free space, or the left box?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    as I stated earlier, I seem to have come across a problem.
    I keep getting an error called I/O error 131 whenether i try to save after using connection manager
    what is this and how do i prevent it?

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years

• Replace it. You cannot extend the tilesets unless... Well, any advanced hacking into the ROM knowledge could, but it hasn't been tried or even worth trying.

EDIT: What do you mean by tiles? People always say tiles for 2 different things. In Block Editor, do you mean the Middle Box has hardly any free space, or the left box?

actually, it is possible. teh panda done it with his ruby firered, and zodiacdagreat done it

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    When I asked this at the thread it was posted on, I got a warning, so I'll ask it here then, what Rom base do I use to patch to the Super FG Rombase? I tried patching it to FireRed and it ended up, all blurry. So, what do I patch it to?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    When I asked this at the thread it was posted on, I got a warning, so I'll ask it here then, what Rom base do I use to patch to the Super FG Rombase? I tried patching it to FireRed and it ended up, all blurry. So, what do I patch it to?

Exactly which rombase are you talking about. Try Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. But it's most likely to be Ruby if Firered doesn't work

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Ok, I'll explain it once again.

You guys know that when you wanna add a new tile you have to save the save the corresponding tileset (We only have Tileset 1 and Tileset 2) in corresponding palette (0,1,2,3 etc..). Then you can recolor the tile in the colors of the palette, and later add into your original tileset on the left side.

My question is, since all the space on Tileset 1 has been taken, and there is very little space on Tileset 2, is there any way I can make tileset 2 bigger so I can put much more and hopefully bigger tiles? Since there are all sorts of houses and other tiles I'd like to insert, I wouldn't like it to keep replacing trees and other stuff.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2012
    I'm trying to edit Clamperl so it will evolve by using Deepseatooth/scale rather than having to be traded. How could I modify those items so they will work as an evolutionary stone of sorts instead of just being a hold item? Hex edit or program would be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: by the way, I already set the evolution path to work this way, but the item will not work when I use it because it's not the right type, although I changed it in Item Manager.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Is there ANY program out at this point that can change whether moves are Physical or Special in 3rd gen?

Rather than all water moves being special and all flying moves be physical I mean. So Waterfall is Physical, yet Surf is special.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Is there ANY program out at this point that can change whether moves are Physical or Special in 3rd gen?

Rather than all water moves being special and all flying moves be physical I mean. So Waterfall is Physical, yet Surf is special.

No, and if you ask for programs to do the most random of things, coolboyman is going to come out of your air ducts and stab you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back