• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2012
what are the unkown and var boxes in a-map used for i know somebody fixed told me to use them to fix one of my scripts but i dont know why it fixed my script

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Is there any way to edit the given names for the rival?

By which I mean the introduction, when it says, "Er, what was their name again?" Then it has choices like "Terry
Gary
Blue" etc.

If no one understands this, I'll get a screen shot

~BLAZE

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Is there any way to edit the given names for the rival?

By which I mean the introduction, when it says, "Er, what was their name again?" Then it has choices like "Terry
Gary
Blue" etc.

If no one understands this, I'll get a screen shot

~BLAZE

Use a text editor like Advance Text, search for the names and then edit them as you see fit. You can also use a HEX editor, translate the names and then do the same. It is easier with Advance Text as it allows you to repoint larger names instantly.

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
Does anyone know the offset for the palette of all the text colours in Emerald?
My normal method of using VBA's palette viewer to find the colours and then searching them with the first 2 and last 2 numbers swapped around in a hex editor didn't work this time :/

EDIT: Also I noticed that if you look really closely at the text, it uses two colours (a much lighter shade of the colour being used on top to give it more depth). And I also noticed that the palette has lots of sets of two colours (the second often being a much lighter version of the first). Does this mean that if I edit them I will have to make each of those a lighter version of what I change it to?

My question from several pages back got completely ignored :( please reply.

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
how do i change the badges in fire red? if i need to use unlz.gba what are the numbers for them? and how would i edit them?

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
can some one help me hack a rom? i want to make an advanced hack but i need several civiliens to help me

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
DrFuji, I've tried that, It usually needs at least three to four words, and the have to be continuous. Because they are each a different choice, they are separate texts, and one word can't be found in advance text.

Anyone else have an idea?

~BLAZE

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
DrFuji, I've tried that, It usually needs at least three to four words, and the have to be continuous. Because they are each a different choice, they are separate texts, and one word can't be found in advance text.

Anyone else have an idea?

~BLAZE

Strange, I found them in A-Text without any problems :/

Have you tried editing it via a HEX editor?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
in Advance Map, under movement type(when on a person event), there is the option hidden. can u use showsprite to make it unhidden. im trying to make it so that after you enter a cave, you move up one tile and your rival appears behind you.

And is it possible to have things happen during the earthquake special. like applymovements.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
in Advance Map, under movement type(when on a person event), there is the option hidden. can u use showsprite to make it unhidden. im trying to make it so that after you enter a cave, you move up one tile and your rival appears behind you.

The thing with the hidden movement type is that the sprite will still be there, and you can still bump into it and interact with it, you just can't see it. It's kind of more useful, imo, for making invisible sign posts that require more elaborate scripts than just a sign post would.

With this type of script (assuming you're using FireRed), I generally just put 2C as the person ID, then use the showsprite command. 2C is a special ID in FireRed that makes the sprite hidden. The only time it will appear is if you use the showsprite command in the script, or you use clearflag 0x2c - I recommend not every clearing flag 0x2c, though, unless you plan to set it again right away.

There are other flags that make the particular sprite hidden upon entering the map - there's one for some sprites in Saffron - 3E or something I think, and probably any ID for the rival sprite does that, since he's always temporary - you can probably use any of those. I just use 2C because it's what I'm used to and it works.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2016
Like I said for my world map issue, my hex editor doesn't work with my rom. I can change things, but somehow they never edit the game, unless someone can tell me a free hex editor worthwhile?

SPG

Pyroblock
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 4, 2013
Like I said for my world map issue, my hex editor doesn't work with my rom. I can change things, but somehow they never edit the game, unless someone can tell me a free hex editor worthwhile?
cygnus hex ediyor is a good one if it doesnt work see if its your rom it could be screwed up or maby even your computer (not sure how on that one though)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Try not to leave your ROM opened with your hex editor while using other tools to make some changes with your ROM.

Sometimes, if you do so, all the changes you made with your ROM with tools wont be saved.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm working on a hack and I'm looking to edit the sprites, I know how to edit Pokemon sprites already, but I'm looking for an easier way to do what I'm wanting to do. I've decided to use the Pokemon Red sprites in my FireRed hack, but they're all black and white, so they need to be recolored with FireRed colors. I've done about 50 of them by hand using paint, but I was wondering if there is any easier method, maybe someway I could just use a program to take the palettes from the FireRed sprites and automatically put them onto the black and white Red sprites? Or if anyone just has a recolored Red sprite sheet(with FireRed colors)that would work too, haha.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
I'm working on a hack and I'm looking to edit the sprites, I know how to edit Pokemon sprites already, but I'm looking for an easier way to do what I'm wanting to do. I've decided to use the Pokemon Red sprites in my FireRed hack, but they're all black and white, so they need to be recolored with FireRed colors. I've done about 50 of them by hand using paint, but I was wondering if there is any easier method, maybe someway I could just use a program to take the palettes from the FireRed sprites and automatically put them onto the black and white Red sprites? Or if anyone just has a recolored Red sprite sheet(with FireRed colors)that would work too, haha.
The Pokémon Red sprites do have colors associated with them, which showed up when they were played on a Super Game Boy. You might be able to find these images somewhere and insert them directly.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years

The shading style of Red was also different from FireRed, so you would have to completely revamp them.

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2011
Does anybody know how to repoint the text in thingy32;to enter longer strings.

1st Gen FTW

We only need 151.
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2011
Is it possible to change what the stars look like when a shiny Pokemon appears? If it is I have a SUPER AMAZING idea.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2015
Hi, I have an english-pokemon-term related question, im not a native english speaker so i dont know how you use some terms on the pokemon hacking world...

So, what roam/swarm means in pokemon rom hacking???

I think roaming is like for example lati@s on ruby?? or not? Thats my clue...

And i have no clue or remote idea about swarm... Hope someone clears me up this.

Sorry if this is very stupid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back