• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    with that script i checked thr profs script and the only 2 setflags are 0x119 and 0x12F i tried to incorporate this into my script but it did not work so can u edit the script for me plz

Years
  • A question or two

Well, I'm greek and I want to translate RSE or FR/LG to Greek. Like you may know Greek letters are different from the latin ones (which come from Greek hahahaha O.o Almost European Languages come from Greek hahahaha O.o xD). So I need a prog to make font in the Game. Is there any? Also could you recommend me the best programm to change texts? And give URLs as well please :)

Thanks in a advance :)

Twilight Seraph

Pie Lord
    Years
  • Help

I changed the text in what Wally's dad says the 1st time you talk to him and when you talk to him, the game just freezes and if you try to talk to his mom in the same house, she says nothing.

If I try to leave town, the guy with the shades (can't remember name) comes up to you and tries to talk to you but the game freezes there too.

I've had a similar problem when I tried to change the hero's mom's text in the beginning of the game and I had to start my hack over. Please help me cause I do not want to start my hack over a 7th time!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Script Help

Code:
    #include "stditems.rbh"
    #include "std.rbh"
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x6c0000
    checkflag 0x64
    compare LASTRESULT YES
    if 1 0x6c0100 'goto "yes" handler
    msgbox 0x6c0300
    callstd 0x2
    end

#org 0x6c0100
    faceplayer
    lock
    msgbox 0x6c0200 '"Wild POKéMON will ju..."
    callstd 0x2
    giveitem ITEM_REPEL 1
    setflag 0x64
    release
    end

#org 0x6c0200
    = Wild POKéMON will jump out at you in\ntall grass.\pIf you don't want to catch POKéMON, use\nthis item.

#org 0x6c0300
    = Wild POKéMON can be annoying.

Whenever I try to complie this in scripted, it keeps saying "type mismatch"

Is there an error in the script?

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Ssjsaiyan said:
    with that script i checked thr profs script and the only 2 setflags are 0x119 and 0x12F i tried to incorporate this into my script but it did not work so can u edit the script for me plz
    Actually, it's the first flag you see in the script.

Anayway, here you go.

The flags in Emerald are:
    Party: 860
    Pokédex: 861
    PokéNAV: 862
    #org 0x800000
    checkflag 0x93F
    if 0 0x800100
    if 1 0x800250
    end

#org 0x800100
    setflag 0x93F
    setflag 0x860
    message 0x800150
    boxset 0x2
    givepokemon 0x85 0x05 0x01
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    #raw 00
    fanfare 0x212
    msgbox 0x800200
    callstd 0x2
    waitfanfare
    end

#org 0x800250
    message 0x800300
    boxset 0x2
    end

#org 0x800150
    = Yo, here's an EEVEE!

#org 0x800200
    = \v\h01 obtained an EVEE!

#org 0x800300
    = So, how's EEVEE doing?
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    Well, I'm greek and I want to translate RSE or FR/LG to Greek. Like you may know Greek letters are different from the latin ones (which come from Greek hahahaha O.o Almost European Languages come from Greek hahahaha O.o xD). So I need a prog to make font in the Game. Is there any? Also could you recommend me the best programm to change texts? And give URLs as well please :)

Thanks in a advance :)
    Either with Tile Layer Pro, or with FontED, which comes with EliteMap.

Twilight Seraph said:
    I changed the text in what Wally's dad says the 1st time you talk to him and when you talk to him, the game just freezes and if you try to talk to his mom in the same house, she says nothing.

If I try to leave town, the guy with the shades (can't remember name) comes up to you and tries to talk to you but the game freezes there too.

I've had a similar problem when I tried to change the hero's mom's text in the beginning of the game and I had to start my hack over. Please help me cause I do not want to start my hack over a 7th time!!
    That's one reason why you should make backups of your hack.
    There's not much you can do. You've probably overwritten some of the Script data.
    You could try copying the original script from a clean rom and replace the corrupted one with it, though.

ROM Hack Novice said:
    Whenever I try to complie this in scripted, it keeps saying "type mismatch"

Is there an error in the script?
    Yup.

compare LASTRESULT YES = compare LASTRESULT 1

You can't put YES there, unless you define it first.

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    i dont know if you can help but im using the elitemap feature that loads a map you've got saved. I do it then it says runtime error when i save.

please help, i been able to do it before?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I have a question....
    I was using unLZ.gba to change things on Ruby, and I hit deep scan. Now everytime I open a ruby rom in UnLZ the pictures and such are just dots and specs of different colors. I have used this program many times before and ran deep scan a couple of times, but this has never happened. Could someone please tell me how to fix this before I pull all the hair out of my Head!

Thanks in Advance
    BlainesApprentice

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • Help! When I try to change falkner's pokemon in gold, he gets 6 pokemon, starting with a lvl 0 slowbro that messes up the game. I changed everything, including moveset. I didn't try to add attacks where there was a 00, I just gave wooper(pidgey) tackle and watergun, and gave qwilfish(pidgeoto) tackle, watergun, and another attack I forget. I also changed FALKNER{50} to FINN{50}{00}{00}{00}. What have I done wrong?

smithy.boy

Hack and PKMN egg farmer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    BlainesAprrentice you got to delete the .Pal file and another one (cant remember name). I hope that helps..When you open unzl GBA you make some files in that folder.

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Hail
    I've another simple question for you...
    I've made a new under water map that has 3 conections to 3 diferent maps(see my hack page if u want), but the thing is that I don't know how to adjust the things in order to the character always enter and exit in the place I want=s...
    [[]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    I just remimbered that PET isn't working, so, how can i edit the trainer battles? ^^'

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2007
    Scizz said:
    Seems like I'm almost the only one answering questions here...
    Guys, questions in this thread are free to be answered by everybody!

No, there's no way around hex if the programs won't work for you.

May be ebecause of a missing variable.
    Make sure you have used the exact structure for your script commands. (Press F1 on a command to see it's structure, or have a look at the "commands.html" in your EliteMap folder.)

Probably your ROM got corrupted.
    You should start from your working backup copy again.

For the INI problem, that error indicates, that the ROM you tried to load is not supported (entry not added to the INI file yet).
    You can either search for the offsets yourself, or wait until it is added.

You can set the Sprite X and Y position in battle by using Dexter (or PokeDEX).

1) Just search for the Pokémon bytes in the order they appear in the Dex. Then you have the offset and can re-arrange them.

2) You can find the Script offset of the Event when you take a look at it's "Script" box in your Map edit. Then just go to that offset and change HO-OH's byte to Mew's.

3) Impossible at the moment, as the structure of that data is unknown.

You have to Index the colors of your Image with an Imaging program.
    Photoshop can do that. Reduce the colors to 16 and index the images pallete with the colors you want to have in your image.

Yes, you have to have the ROM in the same folder as where ScriptED's file are located.

Have a correctly indexed sprite for your Shadow Pokémon, and the colors will be as you want them.

Well, you could change it's pallete to Black & White, that way you would have a "shadowed" Pokémon, and don't have to change the sprite.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=52775

You can edit the Titlescreen's images with unLZ-GBA. (Comes with EliteMap.)
    Or you try using the new Cyclone tool (New Poketronic thread in the Tools Showcase), for which you can find a tutorial here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60373
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=60257

Yes, you can do that.
    But to make it easier, you should load a table file into your Hex-Editor.
    This will turn the bytes to readable letters, so you can easily change texts.
    Table files can be found in the stickied thread in the Main Hacking forum.

Some tutorial can be found here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=53195
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=38580

For the first question, see what I replied to Skipps question.

For the 2nd, in VBA, go to "File->Screen capture" and save a screenshot file.

The format is:
    [NAME][5001][1st Pokémon level][1st Pokémon][1st Pokémon attacks][2nd Pokémon level]...

Yes. That script for example will put those texts at the offsets specified above them.

The flags are different in Emerald. You should be able to find them by taking a look at the Prof.'s script when he gives you the Pokémon/DEX.

For the rest, when you take alook at existing "givepokemon" commands, you'll see that the "PLAYER obtained a POKéMON!" sentence is added just like every other text.
    So just add one more text to your script after you received the Pokémon.
    Before that text command, add a fanfare command, and after the text command, a waitfanfare command.

For the Nickname script, again take a look at existing scripts. Just copy the script of off an existing one, and change the parts you need. That is the easiest way.

Just search for a place where you can see a lot of FF/00 bytes. That indicates free space.

Try re-pointing the Event data again. But make sure you point it to an offset that ends with 0/2/4/C.

Make sure you have set the connections on both maps correctly.

1) No, the sprite integer is the Index number of the sprite on the map.

2. A list was posted here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=1787518&postcount=6 .

The parameters of the givepokemon command are not enough. It has more than ScriptED actually tells your it has.
    The correct form has been posted in this thread.

You made a typo at "applymovement". The compiling of the script was most likely stopped there because of that.

1. You can't put scripts in the game with Advance-Text. It is only a text editor.

2. Hex-Editor + Table file, or you could use the name change option of AdvanceMap.

3. Sometimes, you have to adjust the "Adjustment" of the map, to make it appear at the correct places. That can be changes in the connection manager of Advance-Map.

4. Have you saved your changes in unLZ-GBA to the ROM?

5. Maybe. It was causing problems in the past.

6. Again, have you saved your changes correctly? When you add Pokémon data, make sure you put it at an offset that ends with 0/2/4/C.

7. If the editor has no INI file, then you can't fix it yourself, as it is a problem with the program. If is has an INI file, you have to adjust the offsets to match the game you want to edit.

See my answer to that question above. (Or some pages back of this thread.)

Same here, see my answer to that above.

You should take a look at the Hacking Tools Reference in the Tools Showcase.
    It will give you links to G/S/C hacking tools, which allow you to edit those things.

You need a linker + dumping program to get your game onto your computer. (Dumping ; Copying a catridge game as a file (ROM) to your PC)

Also you should have a look at the FAQ of this forum.

No, that command is not needed.
    However, again the givepokemon command is causing errors.
    As I said above, see some pages back of this thread to find the correct amount of values for it.

Phew...a lot of questions...
    wut do u mean when u say "Have a correctly indexed sprite for your Shadow Pokémon, and the colors will be as you want them"?

Years
    • it/its
    • Seen Nov 26, 2022
    Sorry to add another question onto the pile, but I'd like to know just how I can edit overworld character pallets (see attachment for example of an overworld character).

Thanks~
    -Supakitsune

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back