• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenaka

BCHT Graphics Hacker
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2007
    Apion said:
    I suggest unLZ.GBA because there you can save as the picture and edit it. ;)

Yes, but when imported into unLZ, the colors change to amtch the current palette . . .

Years
    • CA
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    is there a hacking quide
    because i been trying to hack roms for a while
    and i havent een able to do anything.
    please PM me if you know where i can get a guide
    or something like a guide.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    SKYNET said:
    is there a hacking quide
    because i been trying to hack roms for a while
    and i havent een able to do anything.
    please PM me if you know where i can get a guide
    or something like a guide.

Search the Documents/Tutorials area, we have over several diffrent guides.

Kazan22

The Drumming Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2019
    um it takes along time and hard work to make a hack

ok in EliteMap there is a list of all the towns and routes and what not and at the end there are 2 numbers 57 and 58 that are blank. the specs are:

Location 0 by 0
    Size 1 by 1

58. Location 50 by 0
    Size 39 by 0

now I would normally jsut use these but I have some hacking skills in other computer games and some of them have dummy sections for certain events and what not and I wanted to know what these were

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    PokeDex Question.

Ive finally been able to put in my own pokemon (Thanks scizz) and now im trying to edit the pokedex data. i tried Dexter wich i got with elietemap, that didn't work and i also tried that german program called pokedex which wouldn't load my rom. is there another program out there that can edit the data in the PokeDex?

Chronix

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • mxkpkmnextu?? said:
    Hail
    Is where I enter and exit because when I dive to that map the character obviously isn't going to appear in the right places unless I make the necessary adjustments, and that's what I want t know how to do...
    [[[]]]
    Stay Sick \m/
    You have to make sure that the map you dive to is the same size as the one you dived from.
    That way you can easily control where the player will appear on the new map, as it will be the same spot as where you dived.

Scizortrainer said:
    Where can i find the "applymovement" command os the script?
    In a Hex-Editor, keep looking for [4F][SpriteIndex][Pointer to data].
    In ScriptED, the command looks like this: applymovement 0x[SpriteIndex] 0x[Pointer to data].

camperdave said:
    Noob question:

I am interested in starting to edit the scripts. Why does my (full) instalation of EliteMap not include the referenced "Diamond Cutter"?
    Because it was replaced with ScriptED, which does the same.

Pikachu_King said:
    my question: could ANYONE give me a download for ALL the sub-programs of elite map (bewildered, rubikon, diamond cutter, etc.) because I really dont wanna have to go back, find all the old elite maps, install them, then re-install 3.7 over them.
    See the direct link in the Tools Showcase.
    3.7 includes all needed Tools (which were included before).
    The only things that changed are: DiamondCutter got Replaced with ScriptED, TrainED (Phoenix) got replaced with PET.

Steelmaster said:
    what program you need for the hoenn map on the pokenav the editten
    Hex-Editor. (Or Cyclone and unLZ-GBA.)

camperdave said:
    What did Diamond Cutter actually do?

DO I need it? Or could I just fudge it..
    See my reply to your first question.

mew183 said:
    Can someone suggest a program to use so i can change the names of pocket monsters?
    You can do that with a Hex-Editor + Table file or N-E-A (Get it in the Tools Showcase.)

Kenaka said:
    Okay, I have this sprite, and I want to put it into my hack, easy right? Only one thing wrong, theres no correct palette for it . . .

Is there a way to take the colors from my image, write them in Hex format, input the Hex, and then import the picture into my hack?

I've read the other tutorials, but they all require you to import your image into the game 1st, but when I import, the colors are WAY off . . .

Yes, but when imported into unLZ, the colors change to amtch the current palette . . .
    You have to check the "Export Pallete" box when you save your Sprite to the ROM.
    Else, it won't save your Sprites Pallete and will use the one the old Image had.

Har D Har said:
    2 things
    1:Why is it when i try to make a thread on the hacking teams board nothing happens?
    2: How do you post sceenshots?
    1. Threads are under Moderation. If your thread does not show up, it was not approved.
    2. Go to the "Advance Reply" page (or when making a thread, "New Thread" page), then click on "Manage Attachments" and upload them.
    Alternatively, you could upload them, for example at ImageShack, and use the tags.

These questions would have belonged in the Community Questions forum.

[QUOTE=Kazan22] um it takes along time and hard work to make a hack

ok in EliteMap there is a list of all the towns and routes and what not and at the end there are 2 numbers 57 and 58 that are blank. the specs are:

Location 0 by 0
    Size 1 by 1

58. Location 50 by 0
    Size 39 by 0

now I would normally jsut use these but I have some hacking skills in other computer games and some of them have dummy sections for certain events and what not and I wanted to know what these were[/QUOTE]
    Most likely they are what you already thought, Dummy sections.
    I can't seem to find these sections in Advance-Map in Map Bank 0 (Which is where the Towns and Routes are stored), so it could be possible that it is an error in EliteMap.

Mind giving the exact Bank and Map numbers?

[QUOTE=Chronix] Ive finally been able to put in my own pokemon (Thanks scizz) and now im trying to edit the pokedex data. i tried Dexter wich i got with elietemap, that didn't work and i also tried that german program called pokedex which wouldn't load my rom. is there another program out there that can edit the data in the PokeDex?

Chronix[/QUOTE]
    If those 2 programs didn't work for you, then the only program that is left is a Hex-Editor.
    You can easily find the data of the Pokémon you want to edit if you search for it's species. (Like "BALL" for Voltorb.)
    The species will be followed by the rest of the data. (Including pointers to the description texts.)

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2010
    If those 2 programs didn't work for you, then the only program that is left is a Hex-Editor.
    You can easily find the data of the Pokémon you want to edit if you search for it's species. (Like "BALL" for Voltorb.)
    The species will be followed by the rest of the data. (Including pointers to the description texts.)

Do i have to do anything to the hex edit to let me search for text? when i load it up all i see is Hex. Also Is there a certain way to use Dexter or is it just click type and save?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    where must i go in advance map 1.80 to add or change scripts........????????

Kazan22

The Drumming Guitarist
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2019
    Scizz said:
    Most likely they are what you already thought, Dummy sections.
    I can't seem to find these sections in Advance-Map in Map Bank 0 (Which is where the Towns and Routes are stored), so it could be possible that it is an error in EliteMap.

Mind giving the exact Bank and Map numbers?

it's exactly what you said, Bank 0 I'm tempted to test it out and see if I can go to the location, like maybe make it a secret island or something

EDIT: It's not in the drop down menu it's in the Objects > Labels section at the bottem

Last edited:

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Hail
    This is how it goes... I'm making scripts for new signposts and new people and the thing is when I've already tried these 2 kinds of scripts but when I select the object to say the message it only beeps one time and nothing else happens...=S I've check the $ behind the script offset, if the offset I put on the script was empty, but it's the same thing...
    Here's the example...

'-----------------------
    #org 0x765232
    msgbox 0x87612E0 '"Pois é...\nThe beta ..."

end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x7612E0
    =Pois é...\nThe beta ends here...\pWait for the next one then\nStay Sick \m/

and,

#org 0x765232
    message 0x7612E0
    boxset 0x2
    end
    #org 0x7612E0
    =Pois é...\nThe beta ends here...\pWait for the next one then\nStay Sick \m/

[[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    how can i place a new script (a people script) in my hack?

Can somomeone tell me where could i find a tileset for Advance Map which contains a lighthouse??????

mxkpkmnextu??

Ser Artificial
    Years
  • Nusegi said:
    how can i place a new script (a people script) in my hack?
    Hail
    Just compile the script into the rom and with AM input the offset in the person you want...
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Nusegi said:
    Can somomeone tell me where could i find a tileset for Advance Map which contains a lighthouse??????
    Hail
    I think there's only the mini lighthouse of slateport city tileset, if u want a bigger lighthouse like the one of olivine city u will have to make with house wall tiles or you could change the tileset and create a lighthouse that way
    [[ ]]
    Stay Sick\m/

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • Mr. Missing said:
    Help! When I try to change falkner's pokemon in gold, he gets 6 pokemon, starting with a lvl 0 slowbro that messes up the game. I changed everything, including moveset. I didn't try to add attacks where there was a 00, I just gave wooper(pidgey) tackle and watergun, and gave qwilfish(pidgeoto) tackle, watergun, and another attack I forget. I also changed FALKNER{50} to FINN{50}{00}{00}{00}. What have I done wrong?
    Thought i'd ask it again, since I didn't get any answers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back