• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Hi!

I'm doing a VERY Basic hack, and belive me, I CAN NOT figure out Hex.

So, I wanted to make a little intro scene-- you know, Instead of driving to your house (It's a hack of Saphirre) you see another scene. And if anyone knows a Hex tuturial for Dummies, please send it to me.....xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021

Blaziken626

Pokemon Black Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    How do I edit the text with Thingy32? I know you're supposed to press the spacebar, (and I have to press it twice) but I can't type in anything in the screen, and sometimes I can, but there's a limited amount to how much I can type. Please help!

Also, I have 2 more questions:

1. Is there a way to clear string space? When I load my Ruby hack ROM in Thingy, it says, it's out of string space.

2. Are there offsets (in Tile Molester) for the animation when the doors open? If so, could someone show me them?

Thanks a billion in advance!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    How do I edit the text with Thingy32? I know you're supposed to press the spacebar, (and I have to press it twice) but I can't type in anything in the screen, and sometimes I can, but there's a limited amount to how much I can type. Please help!

Also, I have 2 more questions:

1. Is there a way to clear string space? When I load my Ruby hack ROM in Thingy, it says, it's out of string space.

2. Are there offsets (in Tile Molester) for the animation when the doors open? If so, could someone show me them?

Thanks a billion in advance!

The offset for the door animations in Ruby is 308E00.

GargnaroK

So... How Does my soul tastes?
    Years
  • What´s the raw value for the movement "delay1/2/3" for FR?

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]

EDIT: Nevermind I found out the values by testing them, so that you know the values of the delays in FR are the values 18 to 1C

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Hex-Editing trainers

How do I hex-edit trainers? I've used the search function, and all I come up with is questions about editing trainers with a reply similar to "you can hex edit them". I even went to the old tutorial archive, but the one post that would have had that was cut off. So, I was hoping that someone could post a tutorial on hex editing trainers. (including how to insert new trainer battles) Thanks! Oh, and if I missed something on the subject, can you please point me to where it is instead of just saying it's already posted?

Last edited:

phshfe

OLD MAN HACKER
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2008
    How do you reload tile set?

I have saved, the tile set with Advance Map and edited some of the building and tree tiles,
    but I can not seem to reload the new tile set.

The set needs to be a dib. file, what program can save to a dib. file?

Or am I just doing this all wrong.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I have saved, the tile set with Advance Map and edited some of the building and tree tiles,
    but I can not seem to reload the new tile set.

The set needs to be a dib. file, what program can save to a dib. file?

Or am I just doing this all wrong.

Export the tileset with Advance Map, edit it with Paint or whatever you want and load it back. That's all.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2024
    Hi. I hav searched this thread (more than once) for the answer and cant find it. My question is how to insert overworld sprites instead of replacing them. I use overworld sprite editor rebirth. I find that changing the pallet of one overworld sprite will change the pallets of other overworld sprites as well. I hope that inserting overworld sprites will resolve this. Do i need to repoint data? If so how would I go about it?

Thank you in advance for the help,
    W_rink_ly

GargnaroK

Years
  • Hi. I hav searched this thread (more than once) for the answer and cant find it. My question is how to insert overworld sprites instead of replacing them. I use overworld sprite editor rebirth. I find that changing the pallet of one overworld sprite will change the pallets of other overworld sprites as well. I hope that inserting overworld sprites will resolve this. Do i need to repoint data? If so how would I go about it?

Thank you in advance for the help,
    W_rink_ly

I don't think that's possible to insert new sprites, because that means insert some new specific data in the game, but I'm not sure of this... what you can do is replace another sprite and chage the pallet...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    How would you go about ripping characters from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? Is there an easier way than taking screenshots of each individual pose and them pasting them onto a single sheet?

I have already searched this thread for answers to my question and Scizz pointed to a site that has some of the PKD sprites. They do not have them past Poké number 126, and I really need second generation sprites, so I think it is valid if I post my request here.

Thanks in advance

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • How would you go about ripping characters from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? Is there an easier way than taking screenshots of each individual pose and them pasting them onto a single sheet?

I have already searched this thread for answers to my question and Scizz pointed to a site that has some of the PKD sprites. They do not have them past Poké number 126, and I really need second generation sprites, so I think it is valid if I post my request here.

Thanks in advance

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

Try going on www.pokemonelite2000.com
    Though i don't know why you're posting here?

GargnaroK

Years
  • They only have front poses. I need front, back, side and walking poses. I'm posting here so that I can get advice from someone of an easy way to rip PMD character sets easily.

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

You could always take a pic with f12 of the pokemon position you want while playing Pokemon MD rom and then get rid of the background with a transparent colour and then inserting it with the OverworldEditor - Rebirth Edition... or try a tile editing program and seek the sprites... the problem will probably be getting a suitable pallet...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I need one quick thing. How can you change the odds of encountering a shiny pokemon? Is there a specific program for it? And if there is, where can I get it.

Thanks in advance.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I have a probobly stupid question what if i want to put D/P music in my hack and i have midi's and wavs can i put them in

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    You could always take a pic with f12 of the pokemon position you want while playing Pokemon MD rom and then get rid of the background with a transparent colour and then inserting it with the OverworldEditor - Rebirth Edition... or try a tile editing program and seek the sprites... the problem will probably be getting a suitable pallet...

[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

This is basically what I really do not want to do. Is there a way that I can rip them straight from the ROM without having to take screenshots of every single pose?

*~*~*~Micklo~*~*~*

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back