• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are people still watching pokemon?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    XY series will be the last for me unless Ash wins the Kalo league!
    If Ash doesn't win the league this time then there no point of me watching it anymore.
    I've never gotten why this bothered some people so much.

I'll watch Pokemon until it ends. Not every week, but every now and then. It really makes me cheer up when I feel stressed/down etc. I'm a bit behind (around episode 64 of Best Wishes), so I hope I'll reach XY by the end of this year.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with Best Wishes. I've never had so much fun with Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I've never gotten why this bothered some people so much.

I'll watch Pokemon until it ends. Not every week, but every now and then. It really makes me cheer up when I feel stressed/down etc. I'm a bit behind (around episode 64 of Best Wishes), so I hope I'll reach XY by the end of this year.

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with Best Wishes. I've never had so much fun with Pokemon.

Not some people , A lot of people !!! Even here , Most post say that they stop halfway of DP Or BW series but regain interest in XY series.
    Some people refer Pokemon as the Japanese ''The Simpson'' while some say Pokemon is an anime about exploring new World & making new friend like ''Dragon tale'' Or ''My little Pony'' !
    But Pokemon is anime with continuity !!!
    That fact alone makes Pokemon different from any other kids show like ''Doreamon'' , ''Dragon Tales'' or ''My little pony'' .
    You see-

-Anime with continuity meant to end

-Anime with Continuity need something for viewer to ''Look Forward Too''

That why Pokemon Da got worst rating so far .
    Because there isn't anything to look forward too in that worthless Saga. No capture , No evolution , No gym , No League , No Battle facility
    It was some pointless Adventure about cute little mischief of cute little Pokemon.
    Unfortunately only some minority are interested in those type of thing .
    Honestly , I'm pretty sure that Pokemon will get even lower rating then Pokemon Da in Gen VII series if Ash still the protagonist who lose the previous league and had a worthless filler saga afterward .
    Spoiler:

ganesha

The Graphical Master
    Years
    I still watch it though I've missed a few episodes of Gen 3 and 4.
    Currently Gen 5 is being aired (season 2 of Gen 5) in my country but I watch it online or view pics on serebii.

Gen 6/XY series is nice and has some cool things happening around but the only disappointment is the lack of many new Pokémon, only some 60-70.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2016
    i miss gary, he was a good rival...
    but answering to the question, i watch it now and then, but not every episode...
    im from brazil, and i met many in my country that watch it trough, weekly i mean.

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    I'm currently watching the Pokemon Origins and so far I like it better than Ash adventure though might try watching XY

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    XY series will be the last for me unless Ash wins the Kalo league!
    If Ash doesn't win the league this time then there no point of me watching it anymore.
    YES!
    Please, let Satoshi lose in the first round!

Kalo ''Tokyo Raven'' .
    The "s" on your keyboard is apparently malfunctioning.

-Anime with continuity meant to end
    Anime based on manga is meant to end because it works as advertisement for the manga.
    Anime based on games that are continuously released is NOT meant to end until the games stop being released.
    tl:dr: Anime will continue as long as games will.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I watch it regularly, but only after the episodes appear on DVD. Two things I hate, the shows being interrupted by commercials and those stupid ads and logos that the networks put on the screen, oft times obscuring some pretty significant scenes! What's going to be next, reducing in size the actual show to a small square on the screen while the rest of the image is taken up by advertising? No thanks.

Years
    I used to watch the anime quite regularly, especially during the Original series (Kanto/Orange Islands/Johto era) and Diamond & Pearl series. I missed almost all of Advanced Generation due to school, plus I gave up on Black & White after the part where Ash battles Brycen I think, because I knew that Ash's team had very minimal evolutions, some Pokemon didn't get a lot of screentime (Palpitoad being the worst offender) plus Iris and Cilan getting such small teams. I want to make sure X & Y patches those flaws up so I can get into watching the series regularly again.

Also, the anime's TV airtime often gets badly handled where I am because they often rerun Sinnoh episodes a lot, mostly ones being around 3-4 years old.

Back