• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE U EVER TOO OLD FOR POKEMON?

CAN YOU BE TOO OLD FOR POKEMON?

• YES U CAN!!

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • NEVER TOO OLD!!

Votes: 48 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Never ever! I've been a Pokemon fan for 10 years straight and while the new voice actors in the English version stopped me from watching the anime I am still as crazy as ever over the games, toys and manga (and I'm even the resident creepy goth girl where I come from). You're never too old for Pokemon! :t224:

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Also you should stop leaning on the shift key when you type.

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I think you can be too old for Pokemon, but that shouldn't stop you liking it. If that made any sense.
    I think that Pokemon is designed at younger people and you can outgrow it, but if you like it, don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    Besides, look at the creators / artists / developers at Nintendo who work on Pokemon games and franchises. They aren't 10 years old, they are grown ups.

yea, and i'm suer they enjoy pokemon too :P

CourtSumWareInThyme

Ol' Skool Trainer
    Years
    I believe in the saying to each their own! So, no you can NEVER be TOO old for pokemon. I started following it when i was in high school and i'm now 25, still playing feverishly. Seen 490 Caught 490 All Legit!!! I got 4 Darkrais (i own 4 carts), see how excited i am!!

Pokemon 4EVA! ----B-RAD---- from CourtSumWareInThyme
    P.s. IRON MAIDEN RULES!!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    your never too old to love something!!! You could love something until the day you turn 94(if you get that far..). But yeah. NEVER TO OLD TO LOVE SOMETHING!!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    In my theory you are never too old to do anything. With stuff like pokemon you can't be too old for yourself to get hooked on.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    EY DA NAME IS ROBERT, IM 17 BOUT TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL DIS YEAR N I STARTED WATCHING POKEMON AGAIN FOR OLD TIME SAKE. NOW IT SEEMS IM HOOKED AGAIN!! LOL WUT DO U THINK, CAN U BE TO OLD??

No, the answer is no...your never to old like my saying
    "Your never to old to follow your dream"

Ekeshum

Fan of Saturn
    Years
    Never 2 old for pokemon

I think that everyone should be able to love whatever is in their hearts not just because someone goes "What? You watch pokemon? That is dorky, haha!!" I have had that happen to me a lot, but I still love it with all my heart and I remain a staffshipper.;)

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    You can never be too old for Pokémon. I'll still love it nevertheless.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Heck no. Sure, I may not exactly go boasting around at my school that I like Pokemon (superficial buttheads...) but I hope I don't outgrow Pokemon until many ages to come. I dread the day I grow bored of it.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    You're never too old to enjoy something, and that applies to Pokémon as well :> Just because a lot of parents/parent-like people look down on Pokémon or anime in general, it doesn't mean you should just listen to them and pretend you don't like it D: I guess you could argue that most "normal" high schoolers don't like Pokémon, but hey, who wants to be normal? Normal is totally boring :[

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Are you saying that liking Pokemon is a maturity thing? :S
    And this isn't about Pokemon getting old, but old people liking Pokemon.
    And most things with the 18+ limit aren't all that good for 18+ year olds :S But 80 year olds are allowed to flirt...Just won't be very succesfull, unless you're an 80 year old interested in men :S
    It's just a common misconception like boy/girl colours :P People need to wisen up and accept others enjoyments xD

Dude, you should get some fresh air! I was just kidding about the 80 year old flirting thing. It's just creepy, and I didn't say they can't do it, I just said they don't look good.
    And most thing with 18+ limits should be left to the 18+ people. General immaturity can lead to world destruction.

GoldFlareon

Biotic Flareon
    Years
    I am only 14, and my parents think I am too old for Pokemon. Although I protest harshly against their words!

No, I don't think you could ever be too old to be into Pokemon.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Never be old for Pokemon. Just catch up with what's hip and new. 17 is still young. I'm 16 but I still love Pokemon. Pokemon has done enjoyment in my life.

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    Wow. And I thought I was the oldest guy posting in this thread. Well you know what that means: No. You're never to old for pokemon. And let me say this: you're NEVER too old for ANYTHING.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2020
    Well, I suppose the competitive battling side requires time and persistence - not exactly a trait of 8 year olds - thus one could surmise that the battle frontiers of Platinum and Emerald were designed for the more mature folk who are bored of the elite four being level 60 (R/S/E) or having to go through a bunch of other unimportant stuff without a real place to get to level 100.

With regards to general play, it's foolish to think it's only for teenagers and once you have a job BAM, no moar gaming ever, and guess who makes the general rule of "teenagers only"? the immature 13 year olds :P.

I'll probably keep playing pokemon on and off for a long time. (Oh Lawd, did he just write a wall of text?)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Fun has no age limit.
    just because it was meant for kids doesn't mean only kids should play it.
    its just that some people are too immature to comprehend it.

Back