• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we ever safe?

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Please. The world is still a far cry away from a nuclear war. People aren't stupid. Especially not world leaders. Yes, I admit that I disagree with most of them, but those in true power aren't going to nuke the earth.

We're just not that dumb.

So don't worry about that. Yes, the weapons are out there, but we're still a long ways away from an all-out nuclear war on a world-wide front.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    True, life is difficult. There's a lot of crap that people have to deal with. For example, in Massachussets, where I live, all of the sex offenders are placed in the city I live in upon release from prison. G R E A T ! For 5 years of my life, my mom was married to an abusive man only because he threatened to kill my sister and I. He abused me and sexually abused my sister. Then, my mom was with a verbally abusive man for about four years, and it was brutal mental abuse. I also had to deal with a jackass step-father recently, and his sister who has threatened my family to the point where we have had to put a restraining order against her. On top of that, I've been made fun of my entire life, especially in elementary school. There was even a point in time where my mom was having such a hard time supporting us that we had to live at our great-grandmother's while she lived in her car.

But you know what? Things got better. My mom became stronger, know one could control her ever again. My step-father is afraid of her because she is such a strong woman and could easily defend herself. My mom went to college and is currently working her way up in AstraZeneca, a pharmacutical (spelling?) company. She will soon be a manager (which is REALLY high up in that company).

I had to deal with crap in life, but you know what? I DEALT WITH IT! I never turned to drugs, cutting myself, medication, anything. I have music, friends, and family. If I'm angry, I play my guitar for about four hours, releasing my anger through unbelievably aggressive music. Some of the best guitar riffs I ever made were made when I was angry or depressed. I also like to joke. In eighth grade, some of my friends were concerned because I was the only one of them that never kissed a girl, and some kids made fun of me for it. So, I made a joke.
    "Yeah, if I ever have sex, it'll be like that scene from Scary Movie" I apologize for the fact that it is an innapropriate joke, however, it is an accurate depiction of how joking about things helps me feel better. I laughed, my friends laughed, I felt better. If there is something that makes you angry, ANYTHING AT ALL, there are so many way to feel better.

The point I'm trying to make is you need to have a positive outlook on life. So $#!+ happens, whatever, that's life! If you've gone through any crap in your life, then you should know that things change for the better. I know it from personal experience. Don't let bad experiences stop you from HAVING FUN. Don't let it stop you from LIVING. If $#!+ happens, take it in stride. It will happen, don't let it ruin you.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2013
    Thank you for that. Very, very well said. We all think we have horrible lives, when others probably live worse.

Pharmacutical (spelling?) companies...Ill...Sorry, I just hate pharmacutical companies...

I should a debate on pharmacutical companies as well. It's very important.

emerald fan

I WANT TO MAKE FRIENDS=)AIM ME
    Years
    well i live in galveston,texas where there are a couple of hurricanes a year. and they could do some real damage =\. i think that WE ARE NEVER SAFE.

Tw1tch

Amateur Dragon Breeder
    Years
    If anyone learns anything from this thread, it should be that life isn't bad. Yeah, you'll get hurt, but guess what? There's also gonna be moments that make you feel great. In all honesty, I think that's one of the things Pokemon is great for. It's a social experience. You can't play alone (well, you could, but you wouldn't complete the game). You trade with your friends. You compete with other people. At Nintendo events, you can meet Pokemon fans like yourself. You can go to this site or other sites and meet a bunch of different people who share a common interest, Pokemon. Social experiences such as this make people happy.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I agree that we're never going to be safe.

Currently I live in California - known to all as the 'earthquake area'. Though I've never felt more than a tremor, there's still the danger.

I used to live in Taiwan. I got flashed by a sick man. Witnessed the 9/21 earthquake. And people there get AIDS just by walking on the street because sick perverts poke pins with their contamiated blood. SARS was at its full blast - just next to the hospital at my school.

I used to live in NYC. My mom got robbed in full daylight. People are pushed into subway tracks.

After all this, we are not safe. We are never safe from death. The only thing to do is have faith in God.

That's what I do.

Flame Demon

Lord Of The Flames
    Years
    Well, yeah. That crazy Kin Jom Ill just wants to nuke freaken nuke the US for some stupid reason. I thought Osama Bin Ladan was enough to worry about and now George Bush and his administration are planning to get peace with this guy when he seems to want to nuke the whole world. If a nuclear war breaks out, it will be all because of North Korea.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    Meh, between Global warming, Bird flu and the threat of nuclear war I feel like I'm In a tiny room lined with rusty nails, broken glass and spikes. I'm just gonna live as long as possible and hope to see a day where this all blows over,who knows? it actually might.

Back