• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we evolving(in a fast rate)?

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
Years
  • Evolution eh =)

Yea we are evolving... here is a sign of evolution... Human Life Expectancy is growing... mhm...

this can be because of different living conditions and food eating habbits, but who knows.

The reason that SO many people now are stupid is cause of the way children are raised today. After the Baby Boomers, there where more "Child Abuse Laws" which didnt let kids get punished enough. Also, After weed became huge in the 60's, we all became "Dopes". Video Games also just make kids dumber. I dont care about Statistics and tests, The young kids of the "US" will lead our country to no longer be a "World Power". Gah... China, India, Russia, and Japan will be better and stronger soon. We r Dopes. (I live in California)

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years

• Because people with Low IQ's only have children with Low IQ's; amirite?! That's why some of the greatest minds of the modern world came from poverty~
    Yeah, but poverty and stupidity are two different things. My family used to be considered one of poverty, and I don't mean to brag, but I don't have to study ever.

&Scientist: Wow. But if two redheaded people have kids, aren't the chances of it having red hair higher?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Do we have floating cars that run on vegetable oil? No? Oh. I don't know.

For all I know, yeah we probably are. I mean we went from having spears to having pieces of metal that shoot spiral-shaped things fast. Go us.

Also, I think we're becoming dumber than we are smarter. We've been messing with nature far too much and now we've pretty much doomed ourselves. Another go us!

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • Oh, if you don't believe in evolution, don't post. It'll be spam.
    I'm sure it will.

You have no idea how many scientists are trying to get out that evolution is a load of crap.

DNA is unaltering, fact. We can't simply live somewhere and our bodies know that they have to grow smarter or warmer. Humans are curious and adaptible, but not evolving. We know more than 500 years ago because of several men who have taken their curiosity to higher levels, but it doesnt mean our brains are actually getting larger or smarter.

I hate it how this is taught in schools when some loon (Charles Darwin) had this overnight THEORY that we came from monkeys, so on so forth, when it's actually no more provable than afterlife and creationism.

People bashing and hating Christians and Catholics because they believe in something probably just as silly as evolution.
    You can say this is spam, but I'm not flaming anyone and I'm staying on topic. My opinion is valued by some and despised probably by you right now reading this, thinking "What an utter dolt. Not beleiving our DNA can mutate to create us into better, more intelligent beings"

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm sure it will.

You have no idea how many scientists are trying to get out that evolution is a load of crap.

DNA is unaltering, fact. We can't simply live somewhere and our bodies know that they have to grow smarter or warmer. Humans are curious and adaptible, but not evolving. We know more than 500 years ago because of several men who have taken their curiosity to higher levels, but it doesnt mean our brains are actually getting larger or smarter.

I hate it how this is taught in schools when some loon (Charles Darwin) had this overnight THEORY that we came from monkeys, so on so forth, when it's actually no more provable than afterlife and creationism.

People bashing and hating Christians and Catholics because they believe in something probably just as silly as evolution.
    You can say this is spam, but I'm not flaming anyone and I'm staying on topic. My opinion is valued by some and despised probably by you right now reading this, thinking "What an utter dolt. Not beleiving our DNA can mutate to create us into better, more intelligent beings"
    And saying that we're made from dirt and ribs makes more sense to you?

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • And saying that we're made from dirt and ribs makes more sense to you?
    Did I say it did? I said both sounded silly.
    You're twisting my words in your "defense" and you can't argue against any of my points because chances are, I'm right.
    And if you must know, I think dirt and ribs sound HELLA alot better than a big galactic explosion and millions of years later, evolving from pond scum.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Did I say it did? I said both sounded silly.
    You're twisting my words in your "defense" and you can't argue against any of my points because chances are, I'm right.
    And if you must know, I think dirt and ribs sound HELLA alot better than a big galactic explosion and millions of years later, evolving from pond scum.

I never said that you said that, I'm sorry if it seems like I implied that. Also, if you're going to be so arrogant and assume you're correct, you might not want to be so defensive when asked a simple question that isn't in agreement with what you said.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm sure it will.

Mutations in the body man. We may get mutations that are bad for us when living in an environment, we may get huge advantages. Natural selection weeds out the ones with bad mutations and allows the good ones to prosper.

Oh, and roughly 99.98% of scientists support evolution both as a theory and as a fact. I am a freshman and I know much more than you do. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
    Yeah, because his many years of research and experience on the Beagle and around the world, and the fact that people(mainly Alfred Wallace) came up with the exact same conclusion as him is so easy. We shouldn't let ourselves get fooled by this idiot who thinks that life develops and changes over time/sarcasm

Because observable evidence that explains all of biology is so stupid.
    By the way, there are Christian and catholic people who support evolution. Just because they don't accept rib woman and clay man doesn't mean they think religion is stupid.

Please click this. And this is indeed evolution(which is the diversity of life, and that only. No big bang, no abiogenesis. Repeat after me. Diversity of life, not origins.) Don't get it mixed up. However, I will give you one chance to redeem yourself. Find fossil bunnies the Precambrian. Good luck, because you'll need it :3

And saying that we're made from dirt and ribs makes more sense to you?

Yeah, because its clear that our faith is being tested :/

I'm sorry, but if you want to reply to this, please send me a PM. I have a feeling I will unnecessarily curse at you for being so unknowing of the facts. I hope you can entertain me and say it's only a theory. Oh...and, you research something, THEN debate it.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • And it looks like it's time for The Scientist to swoop down and kill the troll(s) clear things up.

Firstly, always differentiate between microevolution and macroevolution. One has been proven beyond all doubt, and the other is tentative.

Secondly, Darwin and Linnaeus neither proposed nor supported macroevolution (coming from monkeys, as EpsilonE so eloquently put it); "On the Origin of Species" only detailed examples of microevolutionary changes observed in the Galapagos Islands (e.g. finches' beaks changing).

Thirdly, microevolution has been observed in almost every living thing. It has also definitely been observed in humans (note the examples I gave a few posts back). The divergence of the various races is also an example of microevolution in humans.

Fourthly, the Big Bang theory is not relevant to macroevolution. I don't know why that was even brought up.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    There's small cases of evolution today.

You know more and more people are being born without their appendixes? ...ithink.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • You mean poor people are always stupid? :P

But yeah, you're right - intelligence isn't inherited. Such a belief is pretty damn ancient.

Because "devolution" is a biological term yeah?

Evolution doesn't always require an organism to become more complex - a decrease in complexity is a form of evolution as well, since it's an adaptation to a change in environment.

I lol'd.

You do know that a child can only inherit it's intelligences from it's mother.. Even tho the father was a uber smart guy.. His children would only be as smart as the mother...

Or at least that's what I learned in advanced biology.. Aka Genetics, erfðafræði in Icelandic...

Anyway I don't think any of us will be a life for the next stages of evolution and I doubt the people that experience it will know it's happening...

Last edited:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • And it looks like it's time for The Scientist to swoop down and kill the troll(s) clear things up.

Fourthly, the Big Bang theory is not relevant to macroevolution. I don't know why that was even brought up.

We'll pawn 'em though. Good job explaining!

Big Bang? Who's the nutter that thought that up? It's only the theory that brings us back to the beginning of our universe, which is not relevant to the evolution of humans.

I have come to understand that macroevo in humans is from Australopithecus africanus----- > Hom0 sapeins. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And microevo is the race differences of humans. Each race has it's own trait to adapt to different climates and land. Like Darwin's finches in Galapagos.

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Yeah... I'm a Christian and I'll tell you microevolution is a fact. I don't believe in macroevo, but I'll try not to force beliefs right here. And I'll say that Big Bang vs. Creation is irrelevant here.

Oh, and roughly 99.98% of scientists support evolution both as a theory and as a fact. I am a freshman and I know much more than you do. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Uhm, since when is fact disprovable? Aboigenesis was a fact until Pasteur, I believe. Rule 2, don't say your smarter than other people. You will be torn of your high-horse, let me tell you.

Yeah, because his many years of research and experience on the Beagle and around the world, and the fact that people(mainly Alfred Wallace) came up with the exact same conclusion as him is so easy. We shouldn't let ourselves get fooled by this idiot who thinks that life develops and changes over time/sarcasm

It changes, sure (micro ftw). But you're just starting to sound stupid and closed minded about this...

Because observable evidence that explains all of biology is so stupid.
    By the way, there are Christian and catholic people who support evolution.
    Just because they don't accept rib woman and clay man doesn't mean they think religion is stupid.

No such thing as absolute truth in science. We could find out gravity is a particle, for all our years of study. And on differences in macro/microevolution, IMO, anyone who calls themselves a Christian and believes in macroevo is a bit misguided, as it's against a clearly defined scripture. All I'm saying is, you are coming across as science = universal law, which it isn't, though we are certainly more accurate nowadays. And your phrasing is obviously directed at degrading what you don't believe in. ;) Patience is a virtue, no matter where you come from.

I'm not trying to argue, really. I'm simply tearing apart a slightly irate opinion as most people are wont to do from time to time. Nothing personal.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Yeah... I'm a Christian and I'll tell you microevolution is a fact. I don't believe in macroevo, but I'll try not to force beliefs right here. And I'll say that Big Bang vs. Creation is irrelevant here.

Uhm, since when is fact disprovable? Aboigenesis was a fact until Pasteur, I believe. Rule 2, don't say your smarter than other people. You will be torn of your high-horse, let me tell you.

No, no, no. Spontaneous generation was fact until Francesco Redi, and he wasn't the only one who disproved it. And a fact is basically useless in science for explaining natural phenomena. The fact of evolution is that it happens. The theory of evolution explains how it happens. Fact; an apple drops down to the center of the earth. Theory, gravity(or general theory of relativity depending on your tastes) explains why it drops down and not up, to the side, or diagonal. You are mixing up social words with scientific words.
    And since why shouldn't I say that I'm smarter? I clearly gave an obvious, credible source of speciation, which is commonly found above micro evolution.

It changes, sure (micro ftw). But you're just starting to sound stupid and closed minded about this...

Stupid? Sure, as long as real evidence points to the contrary. But I don't see how I am close minded when I don't agree with his point of view. He clearly wants to be spoon fed the evidence, if he wants the evidence, in order to see that literal interpretations of holy scripture aren't always the best way.
    I could've sworn I gave him a chance to disprove evolution, but I must have just imagined it.

No such thing as absolute truth in science. We could find out gravity is a particle, for all our years of study. And on differences in macro/microevolution, IMO, anyone who calls themselves a Christian and believes in macroevo is a bit misguided...
    How so? I know plenty of people who translate scripture into "it says the earth is round" instead of what it really says(flat, disc shaped, etc.) This is the part where interpretation comes in, and that is just too much B.S to cover up without confusing anyone.

... as it's against a clearly defined scripture. All I'm saying is, you are coming across as science = universal law, which it isn't, though we are certainly more accurate nowadays. And your phrasing is obviously directed at degrading what you don't believe in. ;) Patience is a virtue, no matter where you come from.

I find it annoying when people deny scientific facts because their religion doesn't agree with it. It's just my opinion, but I prefer the side with the facts and evidence, not the one that makes me feel cuddly and stupid(by stupid, I mean to not have the pursuit of truth) inside.

There isn't any truth in science alone, because science adapts to the evidence. However, science proven by math never changes because math is set in stone. I am not saying that evolution is proven by math, because I have never researched that, but when macro evolution was observed and shown to be right beyond a shadow of a doubt, you should drop your denial.

And lastly, I only degrade what I don't believe in because I haven't been shown any evidence to support to contrary, or evidence has been shown against the contrary. Try to prove how a flood happened with freshwater fish and saltwater fish both surviving, since it is clearly in the scripture :/

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • dood guys didn't u know intelegent design is totally in

[/lolsarcasm]

The human's ability to adjust to its enviornment is not one of genetic evolution (as we are rather similar in design to our ancestors thousands of years ago), however, due to this extremely successful trait of the human species, our children will certainly inherit that quality, which, even millions of years from now, when humans have changed form enough to be a seperate species, this quality will remain intact until the decendants are completely wiped off of the face of the planet.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    No.
    And your justification is?...

Back