• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we evolving(in a fast rate)?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
  • Since the dawn of our existence, we constantly evolve to adapt to the changes of our environment, climate and other factors. From monkey like Australopithecus to our modern **** Sapeins, our brain evolves to suit our needs, and to able to logical decisions. This is the natural state.

In our modern society, scientist are experimenting with our genes, the basis of our evolution. One base pair transferred to others can change the whole identity or chemical composition of an organism, let's say humans? Who knows? Maybe we could have something that other animals have(if it's possible). This could be the artificial evolutionary theory of humans in the future? What do you think?

Oh, if you don't believe in evolution, don't post. It'll be spam.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Evolution is such a long term process that we most likely won't see any changes in our lifetime. It takes hundreds and thousands of years to see change.

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • I agree with Alex. We may not even BE here the next time a stage of evolution passes

Years
  • Evolution isn't something that happens over night.
    It has taken millions of years for any changes to take effect.

So, no. We are not evolving at a faster rate.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    No, you cannot see evolution unless you go back in time (physically or mentally) and look at how animals looked before today. Evolution is a slow process that happens over a course of millions of years.

I don't even think humans are evolving. Devolving seems more like it. lolwut

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • I'm not sure about anybody else, but I plan on evolving soon. Maybe into Charizard?

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
  • No, you cannot see evolution unless you go back in time (physically or mentally) and look at how animals looked before today. Evolution is a slow process that happens over a course of millions of years.

I agree. It seems that the amount of intelligent people keeps going down. Soon the world will be like the movie Idiocracy with Luke Wilson.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I agree. It seems that the amount of intelligent people keeps going down. Soon the world will be like the movie Idiocracy with Luke Wilson.
    Because people with Low IQ's only have children with Low IQ's; amirite?! That's why some of the greatest minds of the modern world came from poverty~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It took millions of years to get to where are. We won't be around to see other people evolving.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I think we've maniuplated nature with technology to hinder any real physical evolution, but instead we have more of a societal evolution

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, we aren't. We are perfectly suited to our environment.
    Although we still have mutations, we are not under the pressure of natural selection, because we created our own habitat. Only when there is a significant change in the habitat and population will people evolve. And not that I care much, but I think it'd be better if you said "support evolution" because belief sounds faith based, and some creationists will get that wrong.

Evolution is such a long term process that we most likely won't see any changes in our lifetime. It takes hundreds and thousands of years to see change.
    Although you are correct for the most part, there are actually instances of speciation observed by a single human, so macro evolution isn't excluded to taking a time longer than the life span of a human. I'll give a link if you want, but a simple google search should suffice.

Last edited:

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • Unlike pokemon, we can't elvove in just a day.

And to me, Human's are getting dumber and dumber.

Unless you mean by techlogly i don't get how the human body is elvoveing faster...

I Even think Monkey's are smarter than us (sometimes).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

Because people with Low IQ's only have children with Low IQ's; amirite?! That's why some of the greatest minds of the modern world came from poverty~
    You mean poor people are always stupid? :P

But yeah, you're right - intelligence isn't inherited. Such a belief is pretty damn ancient.
    Because "devolution" is a biological term yeah?

Evolution doesn't always require an organism to become more complex - a decrease in complexity is a form of evolution as well, since it's an adaptation to a change in environment.
    I'm not sure about anybody else, but I plan on evolving soon. Maybe into Charizard?
    I lol'd.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ...but the X-men movies say that we can spontaneous gain superpowarz!! :<

Bah...no amount of genetic experimentation will lead to real evolution. If scientists were to genetically enhance a person to be able to shoot lazars from his nipples, that trait is unlikely to be passed down to the subject's children. Thus, no evolution has taken place, just one man with the awesome ability to shoot lazars out of his nipples. :D

Shem

Bored...
    Years
  • To be honest I don't see humans ever evolving, our intelligence won't let us. Natural selection does not occur because we stop those unfit for survival from dying with medicine and their genes just get thrown back into the gene pool essentially halting progress. And on top of that, travel makes it impossible for isolation, which is required for evolution. We cant adapt to a different environment if genes from another environment keep getting thrown back in.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • In our modern society, scientist are experimenting with our genes, the basis of our evolution. One base pair transferred to others can change the whole identity or chemical composition of an organism, let's say humans?

>Username: The Scientist

Are you talking about me? Because that sounds like me.

Exhibit A.
    Exhibit B.

In other news, redheads are becoming genetically extinct and peoples' small toes are gradually shrinking.

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    To be honest I don't see humans ever evolving, our intelligence won't let us. Natural selection does not occur because we stop those unfit for survival from dying with medicine and their genes just get thrown back into the gene pool essentially halting progress. And on top of that, travel makes it impossible for isolation, which is required for evolution. We cant adapt to a different environment if genes from another environment keep getting thrown back in.

Lol, of course humans will one day evolve. We can have known the Whales and Dolphins evolved from mammals, like us. Whats to say that the human race will not evolve into Ocean Dwellers? We could even be evolving now to adapt to what society is doing to our Atmosphere and Ozone.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2009
    I know that we are evolving, but the stupidity of people around me every day makes me think otherwise.

Back