• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are we there yet?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    If it's a vacation then I pack my DS, PSP, and my laptop. I'll rarely pull out my laptop on the road (even if I have before). Most of the time on long trips I just take a nap and sleep as much as I can (so I can get the whole "driving" part done with quicker XD). When I'm not sleeping (and sometimes when I am) I'll just listen to songs on my PSP and look out the window to.

Voltagenic

got djent?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2011
    The ride has to be at least an hour, then I bring my DS, my Zen, or a book.

Years
    I always have my mp3 player and my DS with me, so no matter the length of the car ride, I have them to entertain me if I feel like it. I almost always look out the window and listen to my mp3 player, and if it's a longer trip, I might play the DS.

If I'm feeling adventurous, for the longer trips, I might try writing in the car... but, obviously, it doesn't work very well.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I just sit there and think, reading in a car gives me headaches, but I still love reading.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I used to be able to play games whilst travelling and everything, but since a longgggggg day journey to Austria I can't do it anymore because I have become travel sick. So on long journeys I have to take a sickness tablet or else I would probably be sick, which I am really scared of being. I hate travelling in the car. So I just listen to my iPod or the radio or sleep.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I can't read in a car and if I am playing a game I am fine if it is something like Pokemon or Final Fantasy but other games will make me car sick like Mario Kart. I normally listen to radio and talk. I think longest journey in a car I have had was 3 hours to go on holiday. If I was on a really long car journey I would just sleep and talk to whoever I was with.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Most of the time I bring a laptop and watch some movies. But every once in a while I'll actually do the driving. But that's rare because my dad doesn't like it when other people drive, he gets all nervous. If I do sleep, it takes me a little while.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Car time equals music time for me, so I just put on my sunglasses (to make it look like I'm sleeping so nobody will disturb me and to keep the wind out of my face) and turn my mp3 player up on max. Doesn't matter how long it'll be, I'll listen to music xD

popsicles.

F A S C I N A T I O N .
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    If it's a short journey, I just pull out my MP3 and listen to it. Reading is not good for me, just like playing games on my DS since I get car sick very easily. >.>

If it's a long journey, I stare out of the window (since I don't like listening to my MP3 too long) and wave at people. x) Ohyes, waving! It's fun, but most of the time only the elderly people and the kids wave back.

Ryden

Friendly Lurker
    Years
    short drives nothing, long ones like ones that last more then a hour I will probably have my iPod and DS with me, though may not even use either. I might just day dream of watch out the side of the window

Back