• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you a male or a female player?

MrGhost

Spooky Scary~
    Years
    I played as a male in Heart Gold. Both of the characters are cool, but I just really like Gold or Ethan or whatever. Plus, I'm a dude, so I'm inclined to playing as the guy.
    However, I have played as the girls on several occasions in the previous games.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
    Male. I rarely play female characters. Got nothing against them, but when it comes to RPGs, it's real tough for me to play a female character because I'm a male.

Now, fighting games and WoW I don't mind as much, because I'm not making critical choices.

Back on topic: The male sprite is cooler this time around, and I like to make backstories for my characters. :3

Ihtesam19

The Best Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Female. Just because I am female, and it feels weird playing a dude.

Playing a dude isn't bad, though. I prefer its overworld and sending-out-Pokemon sprite. It's just, it feels weird to be a dude, since I'm not a dude. lol.
    Umm this, but the other way around, I'm a dude and umm yeah...playing the opposite gender, just not my think, cuz I'm a dude! D:

Cheyanne

I have Yusei Fudo's Zorua.
    Years
    I usually play as the guy because men are B055, but I went ahead and choose the female since I am a female.

ComedyQuest

Noob Hacker
    Years
    Im a male, but i love Kotone's design. I have picked female in R/S/E and HG/SS. But not D/P/Pt, Dawn just doesn't suit me. I also think that it is cool to be a female trainer and pwning everyone, including Red. :p

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    I play as a male because of obviously I'm a dude, but I'm not digging the sprite so much, but I'm getting used to it I guess.

Mayfan24

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    I went back to my roots. I went male character with trainer name mark, plus i started with cyndaquil. Lately I've been playing as the female character because I can think of female names easier.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I pick the girl if the guy looks ridiculous (like Lucas in D/P/Pt). In this game however, the male looks cool so I picked him. In SS, I picked Lyra instead though just to alternate.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I picked Female. I first I was going to pick male because I didn't like Kotone/Lyra's Design too much. However, I grew to like it and by the time the game came out I liked it enough to choose her and name myself the female version of what I was called in my original Silver.

Nooo idea what I want to be for my Heart Gold yet, though.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Male, because I'm male and I prefer having my player represent myself in-game. The only curse of being male is that horrible Lyra. I wonder if Ethan (or whatever his name is in the female equivilant) is as annoying as her.

That being said, I'm not against playing female and I have done it before in Crystal in particular.

Back