• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you a male or a female player?

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I am male, but I play as a female.

I absolutely hated Lucas' OW sprite in Platinum, which is the sole reason why I restarted my game - to switch to Dawn.

I'm going to use Lyra in SS too, simply because I like her sprite better than Gold/Ethans sprite. I don't hate Gold/Ethans sprite as much as I hated Lucas' though. :S

.тαмєя

Typloshion Lover :D
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    I'm a male player but I perfer the female sprite since Ethan's sprite is really really bad in my view :S

EDIT - 100 POSTS =P

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    Never been a fan of the big hat, so I was Ethan on my first playthrough. Taking Lyra for a spin second time through, though. I like playing as girls, oddly enough. I'm a gurl on Platinum and Emerald right now, making three of my five main series games.

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
    Years
    Trying them both at the same time (emulator)..

I've played as a girl in: Crystal, Sapphire*, Leaf Green*, Diamond and now SoulSilver
    I've played a guy (which I am) in: Red* (duh), Blue, Yellow, Silver*, Ruby*, Emerald, Leaf Green*, Pearl* and Soulsilver
    * = completed (beat the elite 4 and played on a bit)

I like the girl's sprites a lot, though mostly I play as a guy.

Pokeon-Girl

Breeze
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 14, 2010
    I am a female, ha! But like you I switched sexes to see what it was like, I enjoy wearing the boy avatar's jazzy baseball cap.

shroud

It's almost time...
    Years
    I usually play as a male character.
    If i play through the entire game and start anew, i opt to play as the female just for kicks. :P

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I play as a robot, simply because both the Guy and The Girl look like ru-tards

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Male.

Because this and Fr/Lg male sprites are the only decent ones.

I also hate Kotone/Lyra.

D/P/Pt is the only one where I choose female, as I hate both males (although at least he's improved in Platinum).

Years
    Male, always pick male characters in Pokémon games and in most games for that matter. Sometimes if I play a game through twice I tend to go with a female char for the second run just to have a slightly different experience but the character doesn't really change the game in Pokémon games anyways.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I wish I was female in Platinum/Diamond, they're contest Costumes were better. In this, I'll be a boy, their outfit looks better. Plus, I don't think my mum will be happy to open my Pokemon game and see a girl character named Peri (crush's name) :D

Back