• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you a male or a female player?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I'm playing as the male protagonist like usual, simply because I am a male.

In HeartGold I have it set as the female though (more so because it's my sisters).

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I don't like the way Lyra looks in these games, same with Dawn. The only female trainers sprites I've personally liked were Firered and Leafgreen's.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    I picked the girl, not only because I AM a girl, but because I loved her hat.

Thats right, I said it. I love the big train conductor's hat!

Years
  • I chose Male for this one, usually I choose female, because they look better! I'll probably choose female for Black and White!

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Male (though I am a girl) because I really hate Lyra's pigtails. I don't even mind the hat, but the pigtails just really bug me. I did debate back and forth, but finally went with looks rather than tradition.

Manga

Manga Lover~
    Years
  • I usually play as a girl but I got sick of the same sprite.I decided to mix it up after the fourth time doing new game.

Years
  • Although I'm actually female, I made a last-minute decision to play as a guy in my HeartGold version.
    I was never a big fan of Lyra's clothes, and I think Ethan's outfit looks a lot better in comparison, so yeah. e3e

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm female in SS and male in HG, however I typically chose the male. I like to do at least one run as a female. It usually just depends on which sprite I like better, tbh. I'm always a girl in Crystal, though. The GSC male sprite is boring, lol.

Metagold™

Metagross is King
    Years
  • I'm a male in all three of my copies, I really wanted to be a female in one, but since I use primarily for shiny hunting I didn't want to find one with a character that wasn't completely representative of myself.

Back