• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are You A POKeSexist?

Years
  • I tend to have my Pokemon the genders I want it to be, but they're usually mixed. It really depends on what I'm nicknaming them such as a character from a show, game etc.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    When they were first introduced, I was quite adamant about having only male Pokemon in my team for whatever reason. I think that stopped after Crystal, and now, unless I have a particular nickname I want to use that happens to be gender-specific (i.e. I'm naming a Pokemon after a character or person I know), I don't really care about genders.

Years
  • I have never cared about what genders I use, and don't even really pay attention until after I've captured a Pokemon, and want to give it a more gender-specific nickname.

Years
  • When I first started playing, (like 2 years ago or so) I only used males.
    Then, that changed and I would only try and get females and be somewhat disappointed if the poke I got was male. Nowadays, that's still KINDA in effect but to a much, much lesser extent. I just tend to prefer pokes female for whatever reason. I do think some pokemon look very male, while some look very female (jigglypuff, gothorita, chikorita, machamp)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I just played the game and paid no heed to gender, save for circumstances when the gender decided the evolution (e.g. ralts) and I wanted to try out a particular one.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Lol I don't call myself PokeSexist you know what ever appears I catch.

I guess I'm simple.

Red99

World Champion
    Years
  • I don't care about genders at all, but when I get a rare pokemon, I like it to be male, so I can breed it with a ditto. Aside from that, I never pay attention to a pokemon's gender.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • I don't care, as I always get male Pokemon anyway. Only time it matters is when breeding. Sure Ditto handles anything, but Ditto cannot pass down egg moves iirc (if the other Pokemon is female).

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • Usually the only difference it makes for me is if I give it a feminine or masculine name. I never specifically look for pokemon, unless breeding.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
  • I don't really care about genders, as it has nothing to do with it's stats. As everyone's saying, it only matters for egg moves. I only find it funny when I catch a female masculine Pokemon like Timburr, and a male feminine Pokemon like Gothita. But as it's just gender, I trained my male Gothita and kept it in my team until I defeated E4 in B2.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
  • I am ;^_^

I dunno, but I see Pokemon and they are either male or female to me. Some (Whimsicott, Ampharos, Pikachu, etc.) can be either so I don't mind with them. But, if I specifically see the Pokemon as a particular gender, then I will not capture it unless it is that gender.

Years
  • I sometimes care about genders if I think the pokémon I'm catching looks more like a male or a female, but that's really just for my party pokémon and usually it doesn't bother me, especially if I'm looking for a rare one I'm just grateful to have caught it never mind the gender lol :)

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • I hate to admit it, but in a way I am. I tend to pick the gender based on how the Pokemon looks, and most of the Pokemon I pick for my team look very masculine. However, currently on Sapphire I have a female Milotic and much prefer that, because it looks more female than it does male. But I can't settle for a female Heracross, for example, because IMO the female's horn looks weird and not as cool as the male's. It all comes down to what looks better for me, since it doesn't have an affect on stats.

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I hate to admit it, but in a way I am. I tend to pick the gender based on how the Pokemon looks, and most of the Pokemon I pick for my team look very masculine. However, currently on Sapphire I have a female Milotic and much prefer that, because it looks more female than it does male. But I can't settle for a female Heracross, for example, because IMO the female's horn looks weird and not as cool as the male's. It all comes down to what looks better for me, since it doesn't have an affect on stats.

You're not alone. I feel the same way about GEODUDE, SCYTHER, GYARADOS, MACHOP and many others.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I find it hilarious having bizarre gender Pokemon like a female Machamp.

Bahahaha. So true! Sometimes I purposely catch the opposite gender of what a Pokemon looks like. Male Gardevoir, female Machamp, female Mr. Mime, etc lol. Good stuff!

Years
  • I find it hilarious having bizarre gender Pokemon like a female Machamp.

I have a male Gardevoir on my Ruby version, and I also have a female Conkeldurr on my Black version. And I have a female Machamp and Mr. Mime in my SoulSilver.

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
    Years
  • Since Nuzlockin' tends to be my style of playin' the games now... I can't be picky at all. Whatever comes up first is what I catch. If I plan a story or comic, I'll develop them onwards. No pickiness.

Back