• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you an atheist?

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
Years
  • What if when you die you become a ghost and then use your energy to get on the computer and come on this site so then that means their could be a ghost among us. Nah I don't know but if I die I will send myself a note to come on here and tell you guys what I see XD

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • I'm agnostic. I believe in god, yes. But I don't believe in the same god everyone else does. My understanding with religion is limited since I don't understand the kind of god other people see. I follow my own beliefs and not what other people tell me.

I'm not really sure if that's being agnostic or not but... yeah.
    Agnosticism has to do with not being sure about it. If you believe in a god but not an intervening one, that'd likely make you a Deist. That is, a god that makes laws for the universe to follow, but absent are the miracles and covenants with man associated with most of theism. I used to be in that category myself.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
  • I don't know how to describe what I am. I go to a Roman Catholic church, was baptized and confirmed there, and have been in Catholic school all of my life. I believe fully in Jesus Christ, and that there is a God. But there are things in the Bible, particularly in the Old Testament, that I don't believe. Though the writers of the Bible had inspiration from God, it was still written by man. I don't take it word for word like I'mma-shove-my-religion-down-your-throatists do.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm agnostic. I believe in god, yes. But I don't believe in the same god everyone else does. My understanding with religion is limited since I don't understand the kind of god other people see. I follow my own beliefs and not what other people tell me.

I'm not really sure if that's being agnostic or not but... yeah.

Well, yes, but only if you are talking about agnostic theism. That is basically you believing in god but not 'knowing' that said god exists. Agnosticism is open minded and relies on the evidence at hand, while gnosticism usually can never be changed and relies solely on faith and the like. Agnosticism (on its own) is really nothing. It is being on the nonexistent fence. The way I see it, you either believe in a god or you don't. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm a confirmed Roman Catholic and I believe in God the Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. I'm not the "convert to my religion or u go to hellz" kind of Christian that so many agnostics and atheists believe represent all people of faith...I hate them just as much as you people do. >_>

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I'd describe myself as more of an agnostic atheist. I don't believe in a god and think the chances are low that he (or she) exists, but I accept that it's completely impossible to completely rule out the existence of any omnipotent being.
    Nobody can "disprove" any given concept. Nobody can prove that there isn't a secret magical tribe of unicorns that barf rainbows into the sky; it's a possibility, and you can't disprove it. That doesn't mean it's not scientifically and logically absurd, however. People are free to believe what they will, but "agnostics" that claim you can't deny the possibility of a higher power... it just seems like a bunch of semantics to me, that's all.

Moskau

Oh, dear...
    Years
  • I'm a Jew-for-Jesus. Yay!

I most definitely believe in God. I really don't have a reason not to, and I find I'm usually a lot happier when I believe in him. He is the one told me to go out and do things, so I did! I've been on mission trips before, and I got to help a lot of people in His name. (We built people houses, gave people medical treatment, fed people, and I got to play with the kids, there, too.)

He certainly has does some amazing things. I am very grateful for everything He has given me. ♥

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I believe what I want; science bores me.
    To that end I am a magickal Shinto apatheist.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Aparently if you say your christian a bunch of atheist's get mad at you and well Im bout to test that theory out.

Im christian~
    Now lesse who will get angry :3

Years
  • I've never been one, and never will be. I'm Christian, proud, and don't give a damn what Atheists say to disprove religion. However, if you are Atheist and don't do anything to fight against those who are religious, then I'm fine with you.

twocows

Years
  • Aparently if you say your christian a bunch of atheist's get mad at you and well Im bout to test that theory out.

Im christian~
    Now lesse who will get angry :3
    Apparently if you make sweeping generalizations about a group of people, a bunch of everybody will get mad at you. Including me. Don't generalize. :/

Agent Cobalt

Proud U.S. Army Soldier
    Years
  • Apparently if you make sweeping generalizations about a group of people, a bunch of everybody will get mad at you. Including me. Don't generalize. :/
    I think he was actually talking about the ones who are openly hostile to religion here, and they do exist. In fact, I've experienced it myself. He wasn't speaking about all atheists, just a group of individuals with contempt for faith. He was more than likely referring to posts like this-
    Oh, that silly Pascal, thinking that it is a 50/50 chance. That argument brings logic to its knees.
    This is why debates start. Someone says something profoundly stupid and it just snowballs into a flame war.

For one, just because you don't know something doesn't mean that you should make an excuse. Another flawed thing your friend said(hopefully it isn't one of those stories where you are replacing yourself with the friend) is that it takes more faith to not believe in a religion, knowing the plethora of them. That boggles the mind on the level of stupidity. Scientific studies show a very probable way that the Earth may have been formed.

Slo

Rival Slo appeared!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2009
    I'm not an atheist but I know a vegetarian atheist. He always acts like a jerk when I eat meat or say anything about god or something.

twocows

Years
  • I'm not an atheist but I know a vegetarian atheist. He always acts like a jerk when I eat meat or say anything about god or something.
    Make sure you chew meat extra loud around him. That's what I do around vegetarians (and especially vegans) that try to get in my face about what I eat. If they keep talking, I start moaning and going "Oh man, it's so delicious, mmmm yeah." They usually stop around then.

What kind of jerk tries to impress their crappy moral system on someone else? Just seems like a load of rubbish to me. I hate those kind of people.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I'm sort of an atheist. Main reason is because there hasn't been one drop of proof of a God by my standards (logical and actually meaning that its true, rather than the it could mean its true "evidence" people try to convince me with). I'm not saying its impossible, it just has nothing to back it up. That's why I'm sort of. The only real definite From what I can see is math, and even that requires variables.

Though I am pretty sure of modern religions being wrong should there be a god or god like entity, especially Christianity. The problem is not only the likeliness of it being true pointed out before, but for the Christians its all the contradictions in the Bible. I mean seriously, how can someone believe in something written many years after the actual event and have multiples stories, some of which don't match? (rhetorical)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Nope; I believe in God. However, I do not read the Bible nor attend church. A majority of my community/peers have accepted me, as religion is not a big issue around here, although one elderly man was quite disappointed in my laziness. xD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Nope, I'm a Christian.
    Nope; I believe in God. However, I do not read the Bible or attend church. A majority of my community/peers have accepted me, as religion is not a big issue around here, although one elderly man was quite disappointed over my laziness. xD
    lol same. Well except for the old man part.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I think he was actually talking about the ones who are openly hostile to religion here, and they do exist. In fact, I've experienced it myself. He wasn't speaking about all atheists, just a group of individuals with contempt for faith. He was more than likely referring to posts like this

As much as I don't like religion, I don't care about it as long as it doesn't hurt anyone in the process. And of course, when it doesn't create fallacious statements.

Back