• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • I don't see Pokemon as something to be ashamed and/or embarrassed about. I already have the reputation of being somewhat childlike in terms of interests, and surprisingly, people think it's cute. So long as they continue seeing it that way, I've got no problem with it.

Same here. Girls think I'm cute because I am probably the most childish kid in school and my reputation is always going to be childish. I guess that is who I am in this world, a child like pokefan xD.

Abe

Years
  • I am not ashamed, but I'm a little embarrassed, because all my friends think it's childish, but I have never denied that I like them and play their games. (Once I saw a 30-something years old guy playing a pokemon game with his little daughter.) That's who I'm. I like pokemon, so what? Even on myspace I say I like pokemon. I'm just a little embarrassed, but it's not that much. :0D

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
    Years
    • Age 36
    • CT
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Its not cute when a thick 6'3, 20 year old guy plays a Pokemon game....

So I'm forced to use the excuse "Its just a game"...

sighs... I wish I where smaller...

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • No one I know really cares with the pokemon games in my experience, not many know I am buying Ds and Pearl tomorrow but I doubt they'd care.

My cousin is 21, he loved the pokemon games long ago but he really isn't into them much these days, he does say though if an MMO came out on Wii he'd definitely buy it haha.

"Pokemon" the show is a different story, no self respecting teenager should like the show, Movies were ok, but I don't know anyone who'd even come close to wanting to watch Pokemon.

I don't go out of my way to make it known I like Pokemon, but if anyone asks I won't deny it.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    but why do they say pokemon is worse than any other japanese anime?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2013
    Liking Pokemon is no different to liking video games. Its just that it has a kids cartoon that it is seen as childish. You could say the same thing about all of video games but you don't, because it isn't really childish.

Dark Banette

♫♫♫♪♪
    Years
  • I am not embarassed or anything. I usually do not tell people I like it. Although, I told my best friend once and now she threatens to tell everyone at school I like it if I don't give her something. -_-;

And really, we shouldn't be embarassed for liking Pokemon. It is just a hobbie/passion. Next time someone says something about Pokemon I'll say something about their hobby, maybe like football. Seriously. It is very immature to tease someone about having a liking for something.

o.necromancer.o

(Insert Something Random)
    Years
    • Age 31
    • ?
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    I'm not really ashamed about playing Pokemon even at school because threatening to hurt people usually stops all the bull crap. I also remember back in like 5th grade I used to be friends with the school bully who was also a Pokemon fan.

Years
  • One of the really cool senior guys at school came out of the pokemon closet the other day but he made it sound cool. He said he plays pokemon on his gameboy when he is hunting and him and his friends get together on fridays and have poke stadium 2 tournaments. I was impressed, so I asked him if he was into online battling and he said yes and he was a member of serebii.net. I laughed and told him I was a member on this site.

Thats the only mention of it ever. I just made it sound like I played just a little. If people knew I spent hours on a forum and training my pokemon to beat others they would probably humiliate me...

But I think lots of people love pokemon and dont tell people... The reason I think this is because I've found 'items' in some of friends rooms like diamond and pearl versions and even pokemon xd. haha

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I am not ashamed or embarressed. At school, I play my pokemon games and then people ask me what I am playing and I tell them that I am playing pokemon. I have heard all sorts of comments from " Aren't you too old to be playing pokemon" to " You poor child." Really I don't care. I play what I am interested in not what others are interested in.

Reniko_Seika

He who plays the hacks
    Years
  • Embarassed? Heck no. If I get bagged for liking Pokemon, it just shows they have zero respect for others. Pokemon involves a lot more than what most dis-likers notice, therefor they don't understand. I rest my case with that.
    We should not get embarassed just because of the 'in-crowd', I've liked Pokemon for more than half my life, and I don't think that'll change at all

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Embarassed? Heck no. If I get bagged for liking Pokemon, it just shows they have zero respect for others. Pokemon involves a lot more than what most dis-likers notice, therefor they don't understand. I rest my case with that.
    We should not get embarassed just because of the 'in-crowd', I've liked Pokemon for more than half my life, and I don't think that'll change at all

glad to here that you like pokemon^_^"!(be proud of it!!!)

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ARE YOU ASHAMED OR EMBARASSED THAT PEOPLE KNOW THAT YOU LIKE POKEMON, OR THEY SAY ITS BABYISH?
    FOR ME IM NOT, EVERYBODY KNOWS I LIKE POKEMON IN SCHOOL(I STARTED IT ANYWAY)I LOVE POKEMON WHO CARES WHAT THEY SAY & IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!^_^"!
    I'm not ashamed of liking/playing Pokemon, just I wouldn't admit that I do.
    It's like, a secret club ;).

King Eevee

Ace Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I'm not embarrassed or ashamed... however my older brother makes fun of me a bit, but hes single minded, stereotypical, and likes to act like he knows everything about how your mind works. But hes my bro, and I'm happy like that.

Raiph

I Wish I Had A Wing...
    Years
  • Im 21, And currently going 2 colledge, And im not ashamed of liking pokemon. I could care less if some noob said pokemon sucked. I Think it's great and whoever says otherwise can just leave.

Meeth

Flygon maniac
    Years
  • I've long since given up on being bothered or embaressed about what people think of me playing pokemon, in my opinion it really doesn't affect them whether or not i play or like pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Ashamed no embarassed yes (if they found out in the first place) I try to act like I dont like pokemon at all when I really do.Its a shame i cant tell them because they think pokemon is for babies or but they fail to see that we dont like pokemon for its childish like features but rather being a terrific strategy game.

However a while ago I was ashamed because i thought i was just about the only person to like pokemon that was my age.However that all changed one day when i was in middle school and found someone looking up cheats for pokemon emerald seeing this i said i thought nobody played that game any more and he said there is heaps of people who like it I know a whole forum full of them. I realised it was just that people were more secretive about there liking of the game so they wouldnt be humiliated.

Back