• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you going to go to college?

Are you going to go to college?

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Are you going to go to college? College = University here.

Are you going to go to college? Very simple, will you further your education? Education is fun, yes? Explain why or why not, I don't want this to be a pointless poll. Also, I want people to be honest.

College is Uni in America. :x So treat it as a "Will you go to Uni" question

Last edited:
    Years
  • I am already in college or at least I was but I've been out on summer vacation since May 10th. Obviously, once registration starts again for the next semester, I will register and try to finish off my basics before moving on towards my major.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I am going to college no matter what. My parents have no college fund for me so I have to pay myself. I will get a job, I will get scholarships, I will get grants. I will do anything to make it so I can go to college.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Wow you're everywhere XD

But seriously yeah i am. I wanna study Music Production & performance in Cambridge or The Institute of Technology near where i live!
    Either that or a fireman.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Right now I am in college, but I am taking a very long break. I had money trouble so I couldn't go back. I have to pay college myself. But once I get grants and scholarships I will be able to go back. I don't want to get another student loan. I need to go back. I am a quarter done, I just need to take 25 more hours to get my Associate Degree(Yes I am in a Community College).

I admire of what you are saying Ctep. ^^ Good for you!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • I totally plan to go to college. I'm doing everything I can to get money by getting a music and academics scholorship and just getting involved with my school.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I plan on going to college. I want to study science which has something to do with space, lol.

Ayselipera

Where and for what I have no idea.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I am in college, or rather, I would be in college if I hadn't taken the last two semesters off due to 'financial problems'. :P

I'll be back one day though. :D

Remember kids: scholarships are good; if you don't qualify, get a government grant. If you don't qualify for a government grant, be ready to spend 7 years of working full-time getting a four-year degree...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I know for a fact that I'm going to college because I want to become better than my parents because both of them have their Master's degree in something. SO I want to get my Phd

:t354:TG

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I know for a fact that I'm going to college because I want to become better than my parents because both of them have their Master's degree in something. SO I want to get my Phd

Well, that's a great reason to go to college. Never mind the idea of bettering yourself or because you want to spend the rest of your life studying/doing something you enjoy or actually getting a degree so you can be taken seriously when attempting to apply for jobs in this day and age or anything like that.

But hey, if you realize exactly how much work goes into getting a PhD (which is to say, years and a lot of stress to the point where it consumes your life at times), good luck.

That said, currently going into my senior year of undergraduate school. Yes, I'm looking at graduate schools (with the intention of eventually getting into publishing). The entire reason why can be summed up with a little ditty from the musical Avenue Q:

What do you do with a BA in English?
    What is my life going to be?
    Four years of college and plenty of knowledge
    Have earned me this useless degree!

Seriously, yeah, although you can get a teaching job or an entry-level position or general office work with a BA in English, I'm hoping to go into publishing as a copyeditor. This probably either requires a master's in journalism or business. Journalism's closer to the subject, sure, but apparently, there's a high demand for business degrees in the workforce right now (or so I've heard). So, yeah, a business degree might actually be more versatile.

Years
  • I went to college for three semesters, but long story short, I couldn't come up with the money to continue on.

I'm really hoping that within the next year, I'll have the money to return, and a good idea of what I want to major in. Three semsesters and I was still undeclared. :( But I really don't know if I'll be able to or not. It's all so up in the air right now.

Back