• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Are you going to keep playing?

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    Basically, what everyone else who calls themself a Pokemon fan is saying - heck yeah! Gold is and will always be one oF my favorite video games of all time, and you guys have now inspired me to start back playing it (I was kind of in a lag) in prep for HG/SS. Sounds like a good idea to me.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    h hell, I will ALWAYS go back to my roots. I have played Crystal more than any other Pokemon game, and it is my absolute favorite. I will always have amazing memories with it, and I will always favor it as my favorite Pokemon game. I simply can't wait for HG/SS, but Crystal will always, always be my pick. And I will be playing it just as often now, as I did then. I am in SUCH a huge hype for this game to come out! It's going to be an amazing game! It's going to be just like the release of Gold and Silver all over again! The good times are gonna come back!

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Of course. Crystal is my fav outta them all. You can't beat the good ole orginal;) I love the classic spriting.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Funnily enough, I rebooted my Crystal only last night and I'm playing it on my GameBoy Color. Too much fun! :D I also play Blue and Yellow on my GameBoy Brick. Nostalgia is the best. =)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I will definatly still play my Gold, Silver and Cyrstal versions. They all still have their batteries. I dont play them all the time know anyways, maybe once every month for a couple days. It just depends what I feel like doing. But when HGSS come out I think Ill be playing those for a bit, and when I feel like going back to the older verisons I will.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    For now I'll keep on playing them, because I'm waiting for it to be released in America. But once, I get Heart Gold, I'll probably stop playing Gold for a while, but once I get bored of HG, I'll probably go back to the original Gold.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    If it didn't die so soon, I would've still play my Silver version. It would always be a classic in my eyes, and I would not think any other way.

Pikachu™

Pika Pika!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    As long as my Sliver doesn't die on me, I'll always come back to play on them.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Even now, I'll occasionally still boot up my Yellow and Crystal versions. It's getting less and less frequent, but I still do play them.

Years
    My Gold and Crystal no longer save =/

My Silver still works, I'll still play it. Silver is my favorite.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Well I'm going to have to finish them one day to mark them off my backlog though I'm going to have to replace 2 of their batteries. Already fixed gold version.

TheNameLess

Unknown Trainer
    Years
    Yes I will, my pokémon's are better on the original, and I might be the only one saying this ever, but I prefer the graphics from the original over the new graphics :$.

it just plays better, or its because of the memory's I guess. Also, playing like 4 AM with a light attached with earphones in just feels like being home, and reminds me of a time I actually became gamer.

Back