• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Are you going to keep playing?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Now that HGSS has been released in Japan and is well on its way for the US and Europe, will you still play the original GSC series?

Since none of mine are dead yet, I'm sure I will. Silver will always be my favorite.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Only for challenge runs and such. HGSS seems to have epically improved on GSC imo

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, I'm just hoping HGSS isn't a let down like I thought FRLG was. I mean, at first, I thought they were great games, but after a while, I realised I much preferred the older games, and I find myself playing RBY more often than FRLG. They're not terrible games, but they are my least favorite in the series.

HGSS does look more promising than FRLG did, though. Anyway, I'll probably really enjoy it, but I just don't see myself never playing GSC again. I frequently go through phases with games and I'll only play a certain game for about two weeks, maybe a little longer, so I'll eventually get the itch for GSC.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I'm sure I'll go back to it every now and then, but with HG/SS I'll probably play it a lot less than I did before. Plus I also played the crap out of the original G/S/C when I was younger and I first bought them so yeah. :p

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Lulz, what Niprop said, apart from the fact it's not that I can't find a replacement, I just haven't come around to trying and I'm not sure if I can be bothered, you know? If they still worked, I would play them. After all, I didn't stop playing R/B/Y when FR/LG came out! ^_^

xX

Years
  • Probably only for runs and challenges, so i guess, ya.

Though, i do plan on replaying Crystal after I finish HG, so i can compare! =D

Last edited:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Why of course. The reason, at first, that I didn't like HG/SS is because the originals, GSC, wouldn't be so popular. But, yes I'll continue to play my Pokemon Gold and Crystal. My Gold's battery dried up two years ago, but I still have it with me, because it was my first video game, so it holds alot of good memories for me. Same thing whenever my Crystal dies. I might download a Gold ROM, so I can continue to play it whenever Crystal dies.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Of course I will, maybe just for nostalgia reasons. Also, who would honestly give up playing one of the greatest games in its era.

Years
  • I probably will~ <33
    Somewhat retro, but still super fun!
    Until my Silver dies on me. ): Like my Gold and Crystal...
    Man, I wish I wasn't afraid of changing the battery. ^__~;;

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've actually been playing Gold and Crystal in preparation for SoulSilver whenever it decides to get here. I did that for Platinum, too, only I was playing Diamond and Pearl like a mad man instead.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I'm playing my Crystal version now so yea, I will still play these games when HG/SL are out. =D

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Yeah, I am... when the final stretch begins, and HG/SS is less then a month away, then Gold is going to be the only game I'll be playing.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I dunno.
    Maybe ill play on on VBA on my PC when i feel like it. Its a great time killer.
    HG/SS Looks REALLY awesome, but I didn't had as much as hype I had with platinum. (Was counting days till it comes out and got it a week later.)
    I'm not that hyped over HG/SS as much as i like the 2nd gen... I'm still hoping for a Crystal remake even that its not going to come.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
  • Probably to a certain extent, but certainly not as much as before. I'd replay for nostalgia purposes, and I'm sure there will be that one thing in HGSS that I wish was carried through from GSC. Aaand I might as well have my final moments with it while it's on its deathbed, waiting for its battery to die.

ShadowKaiserin

Midnight Trainer
    Years
  • Are you Kidding? Of Course! Crystal has always been my favorite game, and I'll play it for all eternity, even if I have to keep replacing the battery for the rest of my life.

Back