• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you gonna purify your XD001(Dark Lugia)?

Are you gonna purify your XD001?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • No, I am not

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure

Votes: 22 39.3%

• Total voters

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Well if I would actually own a gamecube and buy the game I wouldn't purify that thing unless the shadow moves it has suck.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I doubt that the almighty shadow lugia would have splash and only one point in every stat that is highly unlikely ^^

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
    i heard that all the new shadow pokemon will have a new shadow attacks shadow lugia will have a SHADOW BLAST he will bee the only one with SHADOW BLAST,
    pp ac power and its effect will bee like a giga drain
    n/a 80 100

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    The moves it gets after purification are Earthquake, Hydropump, Featherdance and Psyco Boost.
    Now I'm not sure if I should purify it... Dark Lugia does look better.

Kid Frost

Americaz Nightmare
    Years
    Hold on can you do this, i beat the game finish it purify dark lugia and transfer to your Gameboy, then erase the profile in your memory card, can you do that

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ummm...

It has been announced that it is questionable about whether you'll be able to purify it. That's straight from Nintendo.

Hollywood_FireGreen

"Wailmer"King
    Years
    The purification and the trading of it seems the smartest way. Of course, you could just make a new file after that. I hope you can copy yer actual file this time. On Coloseum you couldnt.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    I have enough memory cards for two files. But if I didn't... I still wouldn't purify Lugia or the three birds. Shadow Storm, Chill, Bolt, Fire, and Blast are just TOO cool to pass up. Plus the whole 'super-effective against pure Pokemon' thing... the effects are just too cool.

Clam

.:|Frozen DEaTH
    Years
    Yeah, I an defiently going to purify Lugia. I don't care much for shadow attacks. I mean really, Shadowblast is really just a weaker version of Aeroblast. Same with the shadow attacks the Kanto bird trio learns. To me, some of the shadow attacks are weaker versions of the real attcaks.

Last edited:
    Years
    Since I have three memory cards, I would purify it on two of them and leave it shadow on one of them.I would purify it twice so I can put it on my Emerald and LeafGreen versions.

Years
    It HAS to be purified. Colo, Emerald and XD( Also FR/LG) was made to obtain the Jhoto pokemon without tickets. So I'm 99.5% sure it can be purified because in Colo you get Ho-oh. XD Lugia.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I'm in the same boat as Latias_fan; I wasn't anywhere to get the ticket, so I need a real Lugia to use, not just an Action-Replay fake that refuses to battle...so I'll have to purify it on a few runs through the game so I have it. I wish that they'd let you transfer your Colosseum/XD Pokemon straight from the Memory Card onto Pokemon Box so you wouldn't have to do so many trades...

Hey, hasn't anyone considered what the bonus for pre-ordering it will be? Do you all think that they'll include that ticket in a pre-release CD Like they did with Jirachi for the Colosseum pre-release!?? Or will they include Mew to make all 385 available (assuming here that Celebi WILL INDEED be available in XD)?

Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    Hey, hasn't anyone considered what the bonus for pre-ordering it will be? Do you all think that they'll include that ticket in a pre-release CD Like they did with Jirachi for the Colosseum pre-release!?? Or will they include Mew to make all 385 available (assuming here that Celebi WILL INDEED be available in XD)?

No one even knows if there is going to be any Bonus disk. If Celebi is snaggable, then I dunno if there will be a bonus disk. If not , Celebi should be on, but only after you Purify all the Pkmn.

Back