• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you happy with the way you look?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    We learn from a very young age that society tends to favor more athletic people, whether they have the build or the talent, it doesn't really matter. I've always found that the people I come to know tend to favor the more toned, tall body than the short stubby one when it comes to guys and the more feminine, sexy look for girls. I can't say I agree with them, but those are what most of the people in society these days tend to have as their inspiration. I know the reason I've been working so hard at getting back in shape isn't because I want to live a more healthy life but I want to look a specific way.

I realize that's incredibly vain, but exercise is something I've been in need of this past month considering the majority of the food my dad has been getting has been fast food and... that alone isn't healthy at all. For someone who tends to stay in the house all day, sitting around doing nothing while I'm in the house isn't good for me if I want to work at looking a specific way. But it's only one aspect of my body that really kills my self-esteem. Apart from that, I'd say that I like the way I look. I mean, just from fast food alone I've gained ten or so pounds in one month. That's not something I'm proud of. Not in the least considering I worked so hard before that to get at my ideal weight. I'm considering becoming a vegetarian, as well. Both for this reason and the way I think of meat recently (which, if you're interested in reading, you can find that in the Cannibalism thread).

But that's just my views on the way I want to look. I don't judge people who aren't built the way society praises that's ideal for everyone considering there's a lot to put into thought when it comes to body images.

But as far as how I look now: so long as my hair is the way I want it, I have confidence with the way I look physically. Sometimes, in fact, I have a little too much confidence with it, which is odd for me.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • If my hair isn't messy, then I hate the way I look. It's weird. I'm not the most attractive person in the world, and I heavily care about how people view me physically. Though I am athletic and have a high metabolism, I still think I can look better.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Not a bit.

I'm fat, my family can't afford nice clothes so I pretty much have enough clothes for a week which I have to wear. I make up for the deficiency with my personality, I hope. :\

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I'm not that happy with my appearance, as I'm fine with my appearance, but my wish-list for improvement is:
    - A slightly more muscular build (I'm not after chests as wide as my height, just something to not be embarrassed about)
    - A slightly more tanned body, i'm quite pale and i hate it. But for some reason i don't tend to tan very well. My body has no problem burning though.
    - A nicer jawline, im not too impressed with my facial features, my cheeks are horribly big, to the point where it seems unnatural

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Nope. I'm not really satisfied the way I look. I want to be better, not for the sake of attracting "gurls". It's for my health. You see, I'm a undernourished guy.

Back