• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you happy with the way you look?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    That doesn't really work. If you did have a clone who was physically fitter than you, then he would be stronger, faster, have more stamina etc. I'm not saying that people should be judged on their appearance, far from it, but being in shape does make you a 'better'* person, purely from a biological standpoint anyway. I mean honestly, if you were given the option to instantly hit your physical peak for nothing, are you telling me you'd turn it down? I know I wouldn't, and it's nothing to do with society.

Anyway, no I'm not really happy with the way I look, but I have much more important things to worry about at my age than my self image. Like getting a job, for one.

*This, of course, really depends on how we define 'better'.
    I define "betterment" as doing good works, volunteering, donating to charity, etc. The "other me" would not be any better in this sense. I wouldn't turn down physical improvement, either, since that's just in my self-interest, but it doesn't make me a better person.

Well... I hardly think looking down on an unhealthy lifestyle will become one of 'the greatest tragedies in the world'. But that's besides the point. Your life will be much better if you make peace with societal norms.
    If you'd like examples of where "making peace with societal norms" has allowed tragedies to occur, I can provide you with many, but I will not do so here because it isn't on-topic.

Years
    I'm pretty 'acceptable' looking as far as society's standards go, but no, I'm not happy with how I look. My outer appearance clashes with my inner image of myself.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I'm proud of how I look at times, but often, I either don't care or pick at small flaws so they look even worse.

Years
    You're implying that losing weight makes you a better person, whether you meant to or not. Losing weight does not "improve" you, it simply makes your image more acceptable to society.

Personally, I don't care about how I look. Vanity is the value I find most annoying in many people.

Okay, now look me deep in the eyes, and tell me, are you overweight? Just kidding. But you seem pretty dang (I don't think that word should be counted as a cuss, but oh well) deffensive about it.

Perhaps you have a friend that is constantly taunted about his weight? Heh, I'm just joking with you again.

You say you define betterment as doing good, but I think being more fit enables you to do more good. Such as: Community service, coaching children, helping little old ladies with their enormous grocery bags. XD

On Topic: I'm fine with the way I look, I'm slim enough, gettin' myself a six-pack (Booyah), and I'm pretty athletic.

Only thing I don't like is that I'm starting to get some acne, but a little bit of cream here and there cures that problem. And my arms are a bit scrawny. I'm hoping to grow into myself in a few years.

Last edited:

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm confident but not cocky. I know I'm alright looking, but I don't think I'm the most attractive guy out there.

reyzn

Years
    Yes. Flaws make a person unique.
    I do complain about my nose sometimes though =x

Seymour Guado

is a stalker.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2010
    You're implying that losing weight makes you a better person, whether you meant to or not. Losing weight does not "improve" you, it simply makes your image more acceptable to society.

Personally, I don't care about how I look. Vanity is the value I find most annoying in many people.

I think he means that before he lost weight he didn't like how he looked.

Opaque

Sode no Shirayuki
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    Not really, I feel that my weight is disproportionate to my height, and that I could use more curves... but I'm happy that I don't have any acne! XD

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm not the happiest with my appearance.. but I'm pretty content with who I am as a person.

:/ The body is just a vessel anyways.. I don't think people should let it hold them back from living.

Years
    Um...my height is a no-no. 4'01'' Is not cool.

Other then that, everything else is fine. My face has no pimples, they're gone, I have a "perfect build" according to my gym teacher, my hair is a bit messy, and that's all I have to say. Everything is good for me.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    I guess I could have bigger arms. That's about it, really. Maybe get rid of a bit of the body hair. I think, aside from that, I couldn't have asked the big guy upstairs for a better all-around package. :)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    Yes, I like the way I look. Like someone said before me, I'm of slim build and have pretty good metabolism. xD ...and I look better without makeup! Which I really can't be bothered with.

Years
    I hate how i look but i go on wii fit and try to improve my own style. :D
    i hate it when some people just complain there fat and dont do anything about it, not that im saying anyone here is like that :P

Back