• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you having problems catching Beldum?

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    ._. I've never had a serious problem catching anything that wasn't a legendary. Normally, I just throw an Ultra Ball or a Dusk Ball, and it stays in the first or second time.

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Pain.

Well...even though I have a beldum wo/swarms, it still took me forever to get one.

1:Catch Pineco in SS
    2:Evolve it 27 more levels so it becomes a Forretress
    3:Trade it to Steven in Silph Co. for Beldum
    4:Take my sister's DS and put Platinum on it
    5:Trade Beldum for a useless Pokemon (Bidoof,Starly,etc.)
    6:Done

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Oh... I remember wasting my Master on them in Pearl. <3
    In Platinum, I actually managed to catch it. :O It was all about luck and he was in Struggle already... I hardly managed to, but I caught him. (;

electrifuzz

I honestly had no problem, I was trying to chain for a shiny one, and i just decided to catch one for the fun of it, and it wasn't hard whatsoever. I just took it down to a little below half, and caught it in a Dusk Ball. I guess I got lucky :P

Years
    I once chained for a shiny Beldum, got pretty lucky and ended up catching three before I accidentally killed the chain. But I had to catch them in masterballs (luckily I had transferred a couple over from older games)... I tried forever with ultra/dusk and just had no luck whatsoever.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I have no problem catching them 0.0 Breloom uses his Stun Spore.

Scizor with False Swipe until he's at 1HP Then my Ultra ball normally works on the first go ;~;

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    The way I do it is:
    1. Send out a ghost Pokemon to prevent the recoil from take down
    2. Use hypnosis to prevent it from using all of take down's PP (use it every time wakes up as well)
    3. Weaken it using night shade (to avoid criticals)
    4. Throw a dusk ball

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Oh, Beldum. Even when it's night and with lots and lots of Dusk Balls, it's still difficult to catch Beldum. Especially when it KOs itself due to recoil damage. That's why I opted to use the HGSS trade Beldum instead - it's way easier that way.

Still, I did catch one for Pokédex purposes anyway. I'm a patient man.

Back