• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Are you having problems catching Beldum?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I wasn't even trying to catch one and still managed to in Diamond. It didn't take long either. Um...don't hate me and throw things at me? :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Lol.

I actually think Mantyke sounds worse to catch....it has a catch rate of 25, which is still lower than Dialga and Palkia in Platinum (30), but they can only be found on one route, too! And they have monstrous special defense, which makes them hard to weaken...and the higher level ones have Aqua Ring (46+). Oh, and then once you've caught it, you need to a Remoraid to evolve it!

Years
    Oh i forgot to add my crazy lucky inspirational story, i was wandering from place to place in HG looking for items, but suddenly a Raikou appeared, so i threw a great ball at it just because i have like 80 of those, and i randomly caught it, i hope that gives you a second wind!

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Lol, right on time. I was chaining Beldum the other day, so I thought I'd catch one for the increase rate for Repeat Balls. But lo, it struggled to death. ._.

I had no hope to catch a shiny so needless to say, I lost the chain. =[

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
    I caught one... But it took me long before doing so... What's worse is it "kills" itself at times... Yeah... And the catching rate is ridiculously high, I can't even catch a Misdreavus properly...

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Just a question, what happens if I Disable Beldum's Take Down? @.@
    I played Platinum for a while, but I never caught Beldums. I tried once/twice with an ultra ball, but failed. >.>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Just a question, what happens if I Disable Beldum's Take Down? @.@
    I played Platinum for a while, but I never caught Beldums. I tried once/twice with an ultra ball, but failed. >.>
    If you disable Take Down, then Beldum will have to Struggle until the Disable wears off. Trust me, you wouldn't want to do that because each time Beldum Struggles, it loses 1/4 of its HP (which is normally more than Take Down's recoil).

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Shiny Beldum has become my holy grail. Yeah, I could soft reset for one in SS, but I'd rather get one with my Platinum OT and ID. Last time I tried chaining it, the chain actually broke when I lost sight of the shaking patch of grass :/ I do have a Master Ball prepared for when I see it so there will be no Take Down recoil nonsense.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    If you disable Take Down, then Beldum will have to Struggle until the Disable wears off. Trust me, you wouldn't want to do that because each time Beldum Struggles, it loses 1/4 of its HP (which is normally more than Take Down's recoil).

Remind me to never catch one in Platinum. >.> I'd rather breed one. Capture rate of 3, as said on Serebii. It's even worse than going for roamers. Roamers are like, uhh, runs away when they see you. Makes one frustrated because they run away too much. Beldum's are like "OH MY GAWD EEZ A BELDOOM AND I HAS TO CATCH ONE" when it appears, but makes you frustrated even more than roamers because it "stays" but you can't catch it. >.>

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    Yeah I tried to wait for the swarm in platinum(like freaking months no joking) and never even got the swarm lol. I just migrated my Metagross to platinum. My long lost ally....But yeah it is ludacris, granted thats the price you pay for Xtreme(ya with an X lol) epicness. But a catch rate of 3 is a bit over the top considering it also knows only take down... Plus the fact that psudeo legends are hard in general to catch lol Bagon in emerald jesus h. christ false swipe and paralyze and i couldnt get the ball to roll once!!! lol fail

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Shiny Beldum has become my holy grail. Yeah, I could soft reset for one in SS, but I'd rather get one with my Platinum OT and ID. Last time I tried chaining it, the chain actually broke when I lost sight of the shaking patch of grass :/ I do have a Master Ball prepared for when I see it so there will be no Take Down recoil nonsense.

Did you use a Pokemon with Magnet Pull?

I honestly didn't want to encounter the shiny beldum, since I knew I wouldn't catch it. It'd be too difficult to bear. =[

Good thing I lost my chain at 36 lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Did you use a Pokemon with Magnet Pull?

I honestly didn't want to encounter the shiny beldum, since I knew I wouldn't catch it. It'd be too difficult to bear. =[

Good thing I lost my chain at 36 lol.
    No, with Synchronize so I could get the proper nature.

And the problem was more or less not being able to see the shaking patches of grass at all because of the stupid Sandstorm. I had encountered a Beldum every single time up until I lost sight of which patch of grass I needed to head toward next.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    There was once a swarm of Beldum where I live.
    I caught one and it wasn't so hard. What's the trouble?

Pingouin_7

You can't even SR for a shiny Beldum in SS.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It has a very low capture rate, and lots of people complain that it suicides itself with Take Down before it can be caught. My situation was made even worse because I was trying to chain for a shiny on that route with the sandstorm that makes everything hard to see.

You can't even SR for a shiny Beldum in SS.
    Well, that just plain sucks:/ And I don't want to have to dig out Emerald and start over just for that...

I'll have to forget about getting a shiny one... stupid Nintendo...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years

Some people are just impatient and if not, then its because the person trying to look for one isn't lucky

But I never had a problem finding one, but there has been times where the Beldum did not want to stay in any of my Pokeballs -_-"

:t354:TG

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    Ugh! I absolutely despise having to catch them when there swarming! every time I get them to 1 HP, and put them to sleep. What happens the next turn? It wakes up, and the recoil kills it! I think it's just easier to get one through people who've actually had luck with them.

Back