• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you in love?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I don't believe in love. Or maybe I do, and I just hate the idea. I believe strongly in infatuations and lust, but when it comes to love...I'm not entirely sure. I guess I just hate how it changes people sometimes and I don't really see a point to it? *shrug* I'm gonna ramble if I continue on, though. Long story short, no, I'm not in love. I'd probably get scared if I was or if I believed I was. o_o

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I don't think I've ever been in love. I thought I was at one point, but then I realized it was just me being too obsessed with something stupid. While I am an obsessive person, my obsessions usually make me happy. However, my infatuation with that boy just distracted me and left me feeling empty. Once I actually had a reason to stop liking him, I was able to crush my feelings for him. I'm glad I did, too; now I'm able to concentrate more on everything else, and I don't have that empty feeling. If I have felt love before, it was in a past life. It probably is a wonderful feeling, but as of right now I'm convinced that it IS possible to die happy without finding love. If I can, maybe it'll just make me that much of a stronger person.

Yeah, sorry for the long post.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • Chiru said:
    I don't think I've ever been in love. I thought I was at one point, but then I realized it was just me being too obsessed with something stupid. While I am an obsessive person, my obsessions usually make me happy. However, my infatuation with that boy just distracted me and left me feeling empty. Once I actually had a reason to stop liking him, I was able to crush my feelings for him. I'm glad I did, too; now I'm able to concentrate more on everything else, and I don't have that empty feeling. If I have felt love before, it was in a past life. It probably is a wonderful feeling, but as of right now I'm convinced that it IS possible to die happy without finding love. If I can, maybe it'll just make me that much of a stronger person.

Yeah, sorry for the long post.

That is true, love isn't everything. Theres more things to life than that. Although, i kind of disagree and agree that you could die happy without love.Without love, its possible that you'll live and die unhappily.How can you be happy when you know that someone you like doesn't love you? But then again, its sometimes better not searching for it because chances are, you'll just end up having a broken heart and if it happens in an early age, you'll be unhappy for all these years just thinking about it and die unhappy as well.

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    If I have no love using all of love's definition, I think that I should just die right now. But, if I'm to live a life without any romantic love, yet retains all other kinds of love such as love from friends, family and so on, then life can't be that bad.

Besides thinking "what is love," also consider "which kinds of love?"

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Naminé said:
    If I have no love using all of love's definition, I think that I should just die right now. But, if I'm to live a life without any romantic love, yet retains all other kinds of love such as love from friends, family and so on, then life can't be that bad.

Besides thinking "what is love," also consider "which kinds of love?"
    I was going to bring up the different kinds of love in my first post but...then I realized I'd be typing forever. XD I don't like the romantic love, since it scares me and I'm not sure I believe it exists anyway. But other kinds of love, yes, that would be hard to live without.

I suppose romantic love is just assumed because the term coined in the thread title was "in love." o_o

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Sweeties, I'm in love...with a stripper. XD J/K Define the term "in love"! XD Right now, I'm not "in love" with anybody, sweeties. X3 I <3 everybody! ^0^ </jerjer> XD But serroiusly, I don't think I'll ever fall in love with in anybody...

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
  • I think I in love. I mean there is this girl that I been crushing on ever since 8th grade. I like her a lot and I even asked her out to the prom. I mean is nice and everything. I think I in love but I not sure if she likes me like I do. If you count a crush as old as this one then I am in love.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Though I think I've been through various crushes before; no, I have never been in love.

At the moment, I don't think I even have enough human contact to get used to another's
    prescence. Plus, I'm somewhat dull and not really looking for that kind of thing right now.

Studying, and hanging with my friends are enough for me right now.

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Geometric said:
    I don't know if I believe in love anymore. I've got a horrible crush on someone who's taken.

I know the feeling well and it tears me apart =\

Love can be a great thing to experience, and also such a painfull thing to endure, once someone gets hurt they may not believe in love again.

Apart from the romantic love, i can say i love my family and friends very deeply and i think most people can agree that this type of love is real and they see it everyday.

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    For all of my fellow peers out there, love =/= infatuation. :)

In my opinion, love is a feeling only able to be distinguished when you are with your soul mate and best friend. A feeling that together, you form an impenetrable bond able to quell one another's pain, as well as provide eternal happiness and support for the other. This is not to say that you are mistaken of your own feelings, for I am not one to say what you do and do not believe, I am simply stating that those who have not even reached fifteen are almost surely not to have reached a level of maturity where they can handle or comprehend feelings such as love.

Eh, sorry about the rant. XD

Back