• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you open about your love of Pokemon?

Years
  • I used to, but not so much anymore. Thankfully though now that a new geneartion is around I hope to be be more open.

Considering the popularity of GO and Sun/Moon, I think this year has been an even better time to be open about one's interest in Pokemon. Definitely not a bad time to show your love!

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Definitely, yep. I tell plenty of people that I play Pokemon, and also will tell people that I play Pokemon Go. Plus I have a shirt with Pikachu on it that I wear sometimes.

I'm glad that I am this way, because it's allowed me to meet a lot of other fans and talk to them about it, either as an icebreaker, or being one of the normal things that we talk about.

At my job a number of coworkers and customers talk about it, so I have no reason to really hide it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Ok so not only I am 100% open to Pokemon IRL, not only will I gladly wear a shirt or something, but I am doing my Master thesis on video games and Pokemon is a subject I talk a lot in class. I a known as the futur gamer researcher and the Pokemon lover by my teachers. I play with my brothers so Pokemon isn't taboo in my family neither. Most of my friends really like Pokemon too.

So yeah, Pokemon is a part of me :)

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Im extremely quiet irl so while Im not closed about it I probably wouldnt talk to you about it unless you came to me first tbh. I do wear my Pikachu shirt around and all, so I guess that could count. I also play the games out sometimes but I dont like the idea of losing a game so I rarely bring them out anymore...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    My friends know I love Pokemon, but I don't announce it publicly.

Years
  • My friends know I love Pokemon, but I don't announce it publicly.

That is me as well, since I often feel embarrassed to confess my love of Pokemon to my mother. She thinks it's a kids-only thing, and can't even pronounce it properly.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't bring it up all the time or anything, but I'm certainly not shy about liking it. I have Pokemon pins and charms on my backpack, in winter my Pikachu hat keeps me warm, and I'm not above wearing Pokemon tees to class. :v

Devil in the Mirror

We Stitch These Wounds
    Years
  • There are four things I never fail to have trouble resisting the urge to buy merch for... Star Wars, The Walking Dead, The Lion King, and Pokémon. I have at least half a dozen Pokémon T-shirts, I have a handful of plushes, etc. People around here tend to love Pokémon, so it's not really something I ever considered hiding. I don't talk about it all the time or anything, but everyone who knows me knows I've been a Pokémon fan ever since I was a kid. Including some of the people at my job.

Years
  • My family knows that I love Pokemon and have ever since it first came out. Some of my friends do as well.

I'll talk about it openly if it is ever brought up, but I don't really announce it or anything.

Back