• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you still hyped?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm excited still but it's crazy when you think about it. Black and White was six years ago. X and Y were three. I'm excited but I'm sad in knowing that this generation will likely only be three years long and that the time is going to fly so quickly.

But it's OK I enjoy the now. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Yes! The starters are awesome and I absolutely love the new graphics. They remind me of the graphics from Colosseum and XD especially when that new lion legendary, Solgaleo, is shown.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • This hype train's body is ready for November. 'Nuff said. Right now I'm debating on avoiding any more news and leaks so that characters, new 'mons, and Gym Leaders will be a complete surprise once I buy one of the games. But at the same time, I'm almost desperate to hear any word on how to obtain the Zygarde Formes in-game.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm actually pretty hype. When they were announced, I was just like "Oh, another Pokemon game." But these new trailers made me pretty excited.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2017
    Not really. (Please don't murder me >.<)
    I'm not really a big fan of Pokemon, anymore - I still play, but I take my sweet time with it - so I most likely won't get around to playing Sun/Moon until sometime next year. (... Or the year after. ^-^")

Last edited:

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
  • Of course I am!!!111!!~ Hype Train is here! Choo Choo Motherfuckers!

SK39yE7.gif

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • I've slowly been playing my e-Yellow Version and it rehypes me up. Something about going from one of the first games to the brand new ones and having the original 151 Pokémon on a GenI game just gets me excited.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I got hyped by the trailer last week. I guess the excitement has worn off a little bit, but yep, I'm still hyped. I want more information though. Things look promising, but at this point, I still worry that GF will screw up the series by oversimplifying things, so I guess I want evidence that they aren't doing that to feel reassured about the games.

I hadn't realized it, but I think I'm very much ready for a new generation at this point. I had expected Z, like everyone else, but I'm open to the idea of a new world, and Hawaii sounds awesome. I'm not that excited about all of my breeding on gen VI essentially becoming obsolete, so that has killed my motivation a bit, but new games should be fun, and I know I'm going to need something to take my mind off things this winter, so the timing works well for me (although I would prefer an October release like XY, but still, pre-Thanksgiving isn't bad).

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Considering X/Y were the last games released that I actually enjoyed from the franchise, it's a given I wasn't very hyped in the first place.

The trailer pretty much killed any chances of me even considering buying these games. I was hoping for a cute female trainer on the level of Leaf or Serena. What I got was a bland, uninspired character with really weird headgear. Makes her look like a damn rooster!

Don't we already have cat, seal, and owl Pokemon? They could show some attempt at creativity, you know. A car/truck/bus-based starter Pokemon would have been genius.

A region based on Hawaii aka another tropical region aka Hoenn 2.0? No thanks.

I skipped the R/S remake games. I can skip these games too. And so I shall. I'm about as hyped for these games as I would be for an IRS tax audit. Kinda looking forward to any D/P/Pt remake that may or may not be coming in the future, since I actually liked those games.

Years
  • I really am hyped for all of these. This game in particular is really pulling on my heartstrings, because the entire region looks like a tropical resort. This game looks like another step forward with the mechanics, graphics, and overall gameplay. It just makes me all the more excited for it to be released.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Yes I am, after seeing that you most likely start from the north of the map, instead of the south gets me hyped even more.

Back