• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you yourself, online?

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    -I do not. I am just me lol.

Do you use an alternative name?
    -Just my screen name, but some people here know my name is Jared, and I don't hide that fact.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are?
    -Nope although I do need to update my age in my profile...

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world?
    -If I do, it's unintentional. I just write what I think I'd say in person.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    Not really, yet plenty of people thought I was a dude anyway.

It can depend. Around 2007, I went by Angel because it was based on my Serebii username. Also, it was the OT in my Pearl version. I started using Blade when I renamed my file on Diamond as that. On some websites or even on the PS3, I go by Alice. I dislike using my real name.

I used to be an age-bender and use fake ages anywhere between 4 and 23 (and surprisingly, someone really believed I was 4!). Since being promoted, I've listed my correct date of birth here.

I'm horribly shy both online and offline. The problem is that I'm not conveying the same personality both online and offline. Online, I warm up and trust someone or a small group of folks, and I become more social and confident. Offline, I'm perpetually quiet, and others often perceive it as me being cold. See, on the internet, you'd hardly see my involuntary scowl face. :'( Sometimes, I think my online self is the better person because it is realizing its true self. ahhh split personality

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    No!
    do you use alternative name
    Yes because i dont Like my real name if i am online :/
    No i dont do that :-)
    In real life i am a bit shy but online i am not shy at all

Last edited:

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
    Do you genderbend?

Nah, I like being a female too much.

Only my username. Not too many people online know my real name.

Nope. Proud of my age, haha.

Absolutely not. I am as similar as I can be online to the me IRL. I take enjoyment in the fact that my personality is strange, and am not afraid to show it online.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Do you genderbend? - Nope.

Do you use an alternative name? - Nope.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? - No?

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? - A little bit. I'm more sexual irl. And I'm touchy and I use a lot of hand gestures...can't really do that here.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Do you genderbend? Not now, but I did for years. Though, I also had issues with my gender for some years, and I'm still pretty guyish. Sooo having my gender set to male felt more accurate for a long time.

Do you use an alternative name? Not really? I go by Sho onlline, which is also my offline nickname. As for my actual name, no one calls me offline much, and I'd prefer not to be called that online, so I don't give it out. xD

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? Not older. Though, I guess most people would probably think I'm younger than I am. Not too many people peg me to be in my twenties. lmfao

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? Nah, not at all. I'm myself online, and I actually type pretty much exactly how I talk. Save for the fact that I curse more offline, and on here it's not really allowed.. >_>;

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    Do you genderbend?
    Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Sort of. I'm more reserved about my views on here and I think I'm more social in real life than I am online.

Back