• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Bloggity #3: Drew Brees (Quarterback of the New Orleans Saints) [Daily Bloggity Entry #40]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Art Bloggity is a new series in the Daily Bloggity that showcases the art I've made through stippling, or dot values. A dot value is a picture that has been created by using a fine sharp point sharpie and made entirely out of dots; no single lines, no coloring in. If you have any recommendations on what I should draw next, comment below! Depending on how much time I have to make these, this will be a weekly series appearing on Wednesdays at 5 PM Eastern Time.

Title: Drew Brees (Quarterback of the New Orleans Saints)
    Date Completed: April 2012
    Time To Complete: null

Qtpb7W1.jpg

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- elheroeoscuro

Spoiler:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Dante;bt96708 said:
    Where the feyk is muh satsooki?!

I'm so sorry!!! ): This last week and a half has been so chaotic what with work, keeping up with this blog, getting prepared for going back to college, personal issues at home - it's been a very, stressful week. I think I've gotten about 3/4 hours per night so my sleep cycle has been really out of wack as of late, and I've barely had any time for myself /: I have tomorrow and Friday off so I'm going to be cranking out a bunch of projects that I have planned so as much as I hate making deadlines I will definitely have it out for you by the end of the week!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Don't listen to Dero. He's been trying to force people to do arbitrary things forever. You're a good artist and you should go at the pace your most comfortable with. Don't ever apologize for it. <3 Anyone who says you need to draw something at the risk of being consequence can sit and spin, imo.

Have you tried stippling in color? I'm looking advice. I recently bought a mess of sharpies and I'm looking into stippling a SpiderMan/Venom onto a pair of white shoes.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Fairy;bt96711 said:
    Don't listen to Dero. He's been trying to force people to do arbitrary things forever. You're a good artist and you should go at the pace your most comfortable with. Don't ever apologize for it. <3 Anyone who says you need to draw something at the risk of being consequence can sit and spin, imo.

Have you tried stippling in color? I'm looking advice. I recently bought a mess of sharpies and I'm looking into stippling a SpiderMan/Venom onto a pair of white shoes.
    True, true. Still, when I tell people I'm going to do things, I don't like to keep them waiting for too long. I like to follow through with my promises, but in the case of this art really shouldn't be rushed.

Stippling in color huh? To be perfectly honest, I've never thought about that before. It's definitely worth trying! Do they sell sharpies in ultra fine quality? Because I feel like it would be difficult to do it with those thick sharpies you know?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hahaha I typoed so hard in my last comment omg. @_@

Sharpies do come in ultra-fine, but the main problem is that they bleed so much, which can be a gift and a curse, to be honest. I mean, on canvas that ink is going to soak into every fiber until it dries, but in the same sense, that can become it's own form of blending when combined with another color, you know? This is the kind of stuff I'm concerned/excited about. I plan on getting test strips of fabrics and playing with them. But part of me really sees high and low lighting being captured so, so well with colored stippling, in the way tattooing does. Anyway, haha, if you find yourself stippling in color, or on any not-paper surfaces, let me know! :D

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • Yeah it would be really cool being able to imitate lights and shadows with the depth of colored inks! Do you just get your supply at your local art store or do you shop online?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Oh my god man. I wasn't serious, haha! Its okay if you take a year or two as well. I'm a very patient man. :p You don't even have to do it. Really.

Just do things at your own pace. I know how hectic life can be. Don't let an ass like me make you feel bad about anything. Seriously. Listen to Fairy. :p

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • U shud be mad tho. Curse me, hate me and despise me. Come kill me when you have the same eyes as me.

Okay, naruto reference. :p ANYWAY, forget about the request, mate. Its okay if you don't want to/have the time to do, really! I mean, that's obvious, you don't HAVE to do it, lol, but just saying. :D

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
  • I'm already half way done with it, there's no reason for me not to finish it you dum dum xD

(pssst I really liked the Naruto reference, I'm secretly a fan of the show shhhhh)

Back