• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoKeSaFaRi

Former PokemonSafari Webmaster
Years
  • Ok, i'll ask here.

Does someone know how to use Open Canvas? It looks like it is a good & nice program but it's a little weird to use. I'd like to know how to get nice smooth lines done there.

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Well i kind feel behine realy of every one here. I have been working on this one pic for ever. Now I'm thinking on doing July conest pic before i even finsh that one.

BTW: Sorry i don't even know that progam PoKeSaFaRi

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
    Years
  • Oh yeah, anyone draw Pok?morphs here? I do have a few of them displayed in my Deviant Art gallery, but I won't post them here until I am satisfied with the amount.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Pokemorphs? I dun draw them but I make Sprites Pokemorphs ^ ^;
    Nothing much but theyre cool...

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • I have done a few but not that many. I'm still working on getting the morphs the way I like them.

BTW: I have seen your gallery Lady Machoke. I realy like all your pics. I think your realy good with morphing.

PichuSecretBase

Web Site Critique
    Years
  • Does anyone here use dip ink? If so do you get it all over your hands ^^;;; I do all the time and its odd. But then again my ink sucks.. its so tiny.. it came with a "Drawing Manga" book by Ben Krefta.

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
  • fanart

if anyone has fanart i could put on my site please send me some :may: :sean:

Hanatori

Wet Biscuit Maglee
    Years
  • >Oh yeah, anyone draw Pok?morphs here?

On rare occasions, I'll draw a Pokemorph. In fact, I finished a Smeargle morph just yesterday.

>Does anyone here use dip ink?

I use dip ink on rare occasions. If it didn't drip all over the place, and if I were a bit better with a maru pen, I'd use it more often.

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
  • Sence this is a art chat

Dos anyone know why many people think trasing is bad to start out with? After all there has to be a start of everything and I found out at 5 that trasing is awesome when you'r just learning how to use a pencil for other things then letters and numbers.

I also would like to bring up that religion is sometimes not liked in drawings. Shamanism is what mine are based apon. Dos it bother anyone when they are shown work by someone NOT of there religion?

Two tricky questions to bring up I know ^^ But its best to see things from all aspects befor someone posts apon a artist with odd works O_o;

I hope I'm still going by forum rules. And if not let me know asap and I'll do w/e I can to get rid of this. I know in many web forums they do not like when religion is brought up. And if it is so here pm me o-o;; please. Thank you^^

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I think Shamanism isn't a religion. I think it's more of a "tribal ritual" thing. I also don't mind about religion in art.

Lady Machoke> I do Pokemorphs on some occasions :)

PichuSecretBase> I have a dip pen, but I'm really bad at using it... how do you make the ink flow smoothly?

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Freenaturearts said:
    Dos anyone know why many people think trasing is bad to start out with? After all there has to be a start of everything and I found out at 5 that trasing is awesome when you'r just learning how to use a pencil for other things then letters and numbers.
    Because tracing is not art.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • 22sa said:
    Because tracing is not art.
    Tracing can be good PRACTICE. It really helps you learn and then add your own styles later. I don't trace but for any artist, reference is a MUST. Unless your doing cartoons, and realism artist must have reference. Remember that tracing other's work or other's photos is PRACTICE and cannot be used on the internet or viewed publicly. You pretty much draw it and throw it away, though it seems like a waste, you gain better ability to draw.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Pokedragonfire said:
    Tracing can be good PRACTICE. It really helps you learn and then add your own styles later. I don't trace but for any artist, reference is a MUST. Unless your doing cartoons, and realism artist must have reference. Remember that tracing other's work or other's photos is PRACTICE and cannot be used on the internet or viewed publicly. You pretty much draw it and throw it away, though it seems like a waste, you gain better ability to draw.
    I suppose tracing something you like can make you more aware of what you want in your own drawings. But what's dangerous about starting out with it is that it denies your own concious volition, and will likely make it hard for you to draw when you are actually drawing. Because it will make you want perfection in your work of art (and consequently take up too much time for nothing)--perfection according to someone else's standards, and disappoint you if you can't do so--even though perfection is not the goal of art. Art is not meant to be compared, and it can rarely be judged. Every artist chooses a different way of viewing reality.

By the way, could you explain what you mean by reference?

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
    Years
  • Hard thing to say, but I'll say this...

I know C&C is good for improvement, but what if nobody and I mean NOBODY didn't comment on your artwork? It happened to me before here and I felt really depressed about it because seeing people give me comments boost my self-esteem. In fact, I whined about it once as well as getting jealous about the amount of comments others get here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back