• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Art Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I use a Hyper Pen 8000U. It's made by Aiptek, and cost roughly $90. Active area is 8" by 6".

I'ts fairly cheap, but it's got pressure sensing and seems to work fine. If you're a more casual artist, I'd go for it.

EDIT: Just did some research, and I found mixed pricing. Some places offered it for around $115, while others priced it at around $50.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Anyways, I want to know how many people use graphics tablets, and which one? I'm a poor college student who is looking for a graphics tablet for under $200, and I could really use some help and suggestions. :)

I use one and its an Adesso CyberTablet Series 6400 (4 x 6). I bought it new for 50 USD and even thought its not the greatest tablet in the world, it works fine. WACOM seems to be the most popular tablet brand, but that's up to you.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Tablets? I use one right here.

I have a 6 x 8 Wacom tablet, but it was $230. There was a 4 x 6 Wacom tablet for $190, but I'm sure that really many different other kinds of tablets work just as well. Wacom is just the most popular.

What you want to know is how much you'll be using it, before choosing the price. Mine was rawr-expensive, but I use it for hours every day. xD; So it was well worth it. But if it's just going to end up sitting on your desk until the end of time, then it's not worth so much. It also helps to check on what it's features are compared to what you'll be using it for, and whether it's compatible with your operating system. ^^ Though the latter isn't usually quite as big an issue, it's always better to check. xD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Pen Tilt; Huhh... Is that like, the pen pressure? Not really sure what you mean, but if you do mean pen pressure, I think most/all tablets have got pen pressure. If not, then... I think you'd get a lot better deal if you got one with pen pressure. xD Depending on what you're going to do with the tablet. If you're going to draw, I'd personally recommend it, yeah.

Bigger = Better;; Not necessarily, it's easy to get used to both. I think size is really just on your budget, but I've never had a smaller tablet, so I couldn't really say for sure. ^^;

Years
    yeah, I am definitely going to be drawing with my tablet. I'm not sure why someone would want a tablet other than to draw with... But that's just me.

Ah, no, pen tilt is something else... not the sensitivity. I looked it up on Wikipedia (hooray, such a reliable source), and it refers to something else, I wish I could describe it.

I am wondering about size still though. I'd like to be able to get by with something small, like a 4x6, the one I saw in the store today was small, and was about $100. Definitely something I can afford. But I have been researching prices online for a larger tablet, a 6x8. I've decided I'm probably going to go with a Wacom tablet, just because they are so popular, not to be a sheeple, but I usually feel that things are popular for a reason.

I still would like opinions on sizes though...

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    It's just the angle where the pen can be held, instead of keeping it vertical all the time. I think most tablets should have this support. As for sizing, bigger does not exactly mean better, just more roomier. But the bigger it is, the more it will cost, that's if you are going to be working on large canvases. I'm just a typical oekaki user; oekaki canvas usually are not that big, so a 4x6 tablet was suitable for me.

Years
    Hey, does anyone know where I can get photoshop brushes that look like fruit? And not like pictures of fruit turned into brushes, but like drawing of fruit? I'm looking for strawberries and cherries in particular. I've found places to download photoshop brushes, but none of them seen to have the style of fruit I'm looking for. I could make some, but I'm not too sure of how they'd turn out...

On a side note, I ended up getting a small graphics tablet with an active area of 4x6. And in case you were wondering, 4x6 is plenty of space for me! Thanks for all you feedback/comments/opinions/suggestions about graphics tablets!

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Hey, does anyone know where I can get photoshop brushes that look like fruit? And not like pictures of fruit turned into brushes, but like drawing of fruit? I'm looking for strawberries and cherries in particular. I've found places to download photoshop brushes, but none of them seen to have the style of fruit I'm looking for. I could make some, but I'm not too sure of how they'd turn out...

You can look in the Free Artists' Resources thread. Check under "Free Brushes" and it will have a list of sites where you can download brushes. Something you may want to browse though.

Lycoris

Teh Sexeh Lexieh
    Years
    Would this be a good place to ask why my tablet is randomly not wanting to install?

It's a:

Wacom Grapphire
    only 2 or 3 months old
    It connected before and now it's not wanting to.

Any ideas? I really would rather ask here than wait 2 hours on the phone and it be something easy to fix.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    You mean you installed the drivers but it isn't doing anything? If so, that happens to me from time to time. I really don't even know why. You could try re-installing the drivers, or switching the USB port you're using. If you installed it on a certain port, continue using that port or you may have issues.

Anyone know a good background tutorial? I mean for scenes: as in I have a character and I want them in a landscape as opposed to floating in white space.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back